Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 18:00   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Is so much anger on delayed launch here is out of love for Fiat?
For me, it was because Autocar India reported an expected launch of Linea in November 2007. During Auto expo, Fiat changed to September. And I have been waiting from around that time. So, the frustration
Old 4th September 2008, 18:06   #77
BHPian

I'll surely be tracking the FIAT showrooms and website regularly now for any updates..although someone pointed out earlier in some other post that FIAT india website has a virus !
Old 4th September 2008, 18:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

I think its just a gimmick, it will be launched soon. Fiat will never do that.
Old 4th September 2008, 19:41   #79
BHPian

The car market beings so hot now, I do not think Fiat can afford to delay a launch which will make them lose buyers who are waiting. Its all for the hype and hola!

Cheers

MontyKING
Old 4th September 2008, 20:13   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishesh View Post
I'll surely be tracking the FIAT showrooms and website regularly now for any updates..although someone pointed out earlier in some other post that FIAT india website has a virus !
Naaaahhhhhh !!!

Dont think that's true. I visit it on a daily basis wishing for something new to show up
Old 4th September 2008, 23:03   #81
BHPian

I had a visit to a TATA-FIAT dealer here in Trivandrum. They confirmed that LINEA will be out by this month and their technicians and service managers have already completed their trainings
Old 5th September 2008, 08:26   #82
BHPian

Any idea whether the much hyped "Soft Launch" has really happened ?
Old 5th September 2008, 09:34   #83
BHPian

FIAT chief in India. Linea launch round the corner or has it already happened ?
Old 5th September 2008, 10:16   #84
Senior - BHPian

Today in the Times of India, there was article that FIAT CEO came down to New Delhi and hinted that FIAT will help TATA motors with JRL for powertrain and engines. But sadly there was no mention of Linea getting launched or so.

But at least FIAT CEO is in India, so may be launch must be scheduled.
Old 5th September 2008, 10:49   #85
Senior - BHPian

This is the "softest" launch that I have ever heard of. Not even a whimper of publicity !!
Old 5th September 2008, 10:57   #86
BHPian

I don't think that these guys are going to launch Linea anytime before honda city.
Old 5th September 2008, 11:19   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Today in the Times of India, there was article that FIAT CEO came down to New Delhi and hinted that FIAT will help TATA motors with JRL for powertrain and engines. But sadly there was no mention of Linea getting launched or so.

But at least FIAT CEO is in India, so may be launch must be scheduled.
Maybe the Fiat CEO is here to make the announcement of help to Tata for their JRL powertrains! Looks like Fiat is out to do charity and not business. They are busy giving their engines to Suzuki, GM, Tata for their new cars while Fiat's own new cars are nowhere to be seen!

Quote:
This is the "softest" launch that I have ever heard of. Not even a whimper of publicity !!
Well, only VVIP's were invited!

On a serious note, I don't think the launch happened. Come on, the Fiat 500 was given adequate publicity on it's launch, surely, Fiat-Tata will not launch a make or break car with such lethargy. Having said that, I think it's high time Fiat announced a proper date of launch for the car. Look how Toyota for their Altis and Honda, in Thailand, for their City, have a countdown clock going on their websites for the launch of their cars. Fiat needs to do something similar.
Old 5th September 2008, 11:30   #88
Senior - BHPian

I guess the soft launch of Linea is postponed due to the Singur issue with Ratan Tata & top management of Tata Motors fully involved to sort out the same!
Old 5th September 2008, 11:35   #89
BHPian

Since this is their make or break model, I'm assuming they are waiting for altis and new city pricing. Since both are scheduled to be launched this month, Linea may be launched by September last week or october first week.
Old 5th September 2008, 11:37   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I guess the soft launch of Linea is postponed due to the Singur issue with Ratan Tata & top management of Tata Motors fully involved to sort out the same!
I don't think so. Even if Fiat offered this as an excuse, I would find it very difficult to digest this. Fiat has nothing to do with that issue. Also,the singur issue should have no bearing on other Tata commitments and I am sure that is the way Tata run their organisations.
I haven't heard anyone say that the Tata Indica Vista commitments to customer will get impacted because of Singur yet.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks