Team-BHP - Fiat to delay launch of Linea and Grande Punto
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat to delay launch of Linea and Grande Punto (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/44958-fiat-delay-launch-linea-grande-punto.html)

Very bad move!!! I do not understand why people get confused with so many launches. In the Linea segment, there is no competitor is being launhced apart from New Honda City. So, where is question of confusion??

Source
Fiat to delay launch of Linea and Grande Punto | Vicky blog | Indian Automobile blog

ravi:)

Ravi, Only yesterday we had an article in Cubic Capacity that Linea will be launched soon. If this news by Vicky aint a speculation then i think its a horrible move.In short the more they delay more buyers they losing.

If this is true, I am done with waiting for Fiat Linea. I am going ahead with some other car. I waited for almost one year and that itself is way too much. Really bad move, FIAT !

Quote:

Originally Posted by karanraheja (Post 958859)
Ravi, Only yesterday we had an article in Cubic Capacity that Linea will be launched soon. If this news by Vicky aint a speculation then i think its a horrible move.In short the more they delay more buyers they losing.

I know ....... I was gonna buy the Palio MJD furnace red with OEM Fiat Alloys on the 1.6 Sport but somehow convinced myself with endless sleepless nights to wait for the Linea and the Grande Punto !!!
Considering that if really Fiat India is planning on pricing the Linea so aggressively I think it might be just worth the wait :)

Actually its quite a good and bold move by Fiat. In India most buyers are not as educated as western countries when it comes to buying cars. Most buy cars caz of external looks, mileage and money. Engine Spec, Technology, Driving Comfort, Safety take a back seat. With so many launches the public gets overwhelmed with ads, information, and they cant simply comprehend whats going on. Unlike western countries where there can be as many as 20 launches in a month. In India the public can only absord 2-3 launches in an YEAR as we are technically challenged :) villagers of the world.

Fiat is up to prove a blunder again.
This time they're holding Public as a good excuse. Come on!

People will atleast remember a manufacturer's launch apart. Fiat especially! It was wrong to launch the 500 at this point of time. Now, they'll have to get done with it's hype, ads and the works before they can prepare for another launch. Simple as that.
I'd say, sooner the better!

Just till last week, the Tata Fiat guys were singing Sept 4th as the launch date.

Weird world. But then, if Fiat can introduce the Palio MJD its done and give help to Vista, kuch bhi ho sakta hai.

When they say "too many launches in september", which all are the launches ?

Ha Ha!
Andar ki baat hai. Pehle Indigo Vista launch hogi :D

BTW, Linea is definitely being launched next month

Here's another link to the news:

The Hindu Business Line : Fiat may delay launch of Linea, Grante Punto

That's really sad, then! Some of my friends were waiting for the Linea too! On the long run, a month's delay may not be a big deal, but, it sure dampens the spirit of Fiat lovers who were waiting for this launch.

[quoted from the business line article] "Linea, which will be available in 1.3 multi-jet diesel engine and 1.4 FIRE petrol engine, is expected to be priced within the Rs 5-7 lakh range."

These articles do more harm than the delay of the car. 5-7L is in Dzire category! If Fiat now prices it from 8-10L, I am sure people would now call it overpriced!

If there are more launches in September, then Fiat should try and launch Linea earlier, and not later. People don't buy cars that often! They should try and take the bookings of Honda City / Altis etc by launching in September and not wait for other companies to launch their cars. What would they do if some other car companies decide to launch in October? Postpone the launch to November?

May be the project has run into some technical/logistic trouble. (my baseless guess!)

They have already had 30 bookings for the Fiat 500. So they are finding buyers for the Rs-15 Lakh car.

Sick of these delays in the launch of the Linea. All crap.
I have been waiting in anticipation for this car for almost a year and delayed my purchase of a new sedan. I was all set to lay my cash on this vehicle the moment it was launched. I guess this delay really shows the reliability of the company, the same might happen with spares and parts tomorrow. I guess the Linea is off my list and I'm most probably going to go in for the New Honda City.
On another note, I think it's all crap and excuses when Fiat says that the Indian public gets confused with too many launches in the same month. What the hell are they talking about ? Are we a bunch of buffoons ? The majority of buyers who go in for C class sedans are at an intellectual level not to get confused with too many launches in the same month. Jeez, these idiotic management folks in Fiat just got their screws turned the wrong way.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""
“We do not want to confuse customers with frequent launches. We thought it is ideal to have a certain interval between consecutive launches,” the spokesperson said.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer (Post 959244)

[quoted from the business line article] "Linea, which will be available in 1.3 multi-jet diesel engine and 1.4 FIRE petrol engine, is expected to be priced within the Rs 5-7 lakh range."

These articles do more harm than the delay of the car. 5-7L is in Dzire category! If Fiat now prices it from 8-10L, I am sure people would now call it overpriced!

How one earth will it be priced in 5-7 lacs range as per the article i cant understand !! The cars bigger than most of sedans in 7-8 lacs. You cant expect price below 7 lacs for this car. But yeah Fiat should nt cross 9 lacs for this car for top end.

Well, this is the one launch which has had everyone confused. All kinds of different information from various quarters and now, this. How can this be in the 5-7 Lac category with Optra dimensions? And in a different thread on Linea we were wondering whether it will come with dual zone climate control! :)Or may be we will now hear that Linea was just a Fiat Palio with a hatch.:uncontrol