Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 10:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
The top end i10 petrol itself is more than 6.3L on road Bangalore.

What? That's crazy! How much is the Getz Crdi in Bangalore then?

Friends, it's pretty clear that Hyundai is going to keep selling the Getz and position the i20 as a totally new car at a higher price point. Even ACI has reported the same.
Old 16th October 2008, 10:54   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
The site popped up with a Fiesta Advert in the Columns!. Classic
haha it seems it is a personal site.
Old 16th October 2008, 13:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

What? That's crazy! How much is the Getz Crdi in Bangalore then?

Friends, it's pretty clear that Hyundai is going to keep selling the Getz and position the i20 as a totally new car at a higher price point. Even ACI has reported the same.
True, it's totally crazy to see i10s priced beyond 6L...

Getz Crdi in Bangalore is priced at 6.67 lakhs on-road..
Old 18th December 2008, 11:12   #64
BHPian

So, the buzz about i20 is starting in another thread. I suggest that people use this thread for i20 discussions instead of discussing it in some verna new model thread.
Old 18th December 2008, 14:22   #65
Senior - BHPian

Launch of i20 nearing??

Folks,

Is the i20 getting ready for a mid of Jan [15th] launch in 2009? Can anyone who have inside contacts on Hyundai [or component suppliers to Hyundai] investigate and help us know, without affecting any individual's job or credibility?

I called my sales contact at Advaith today stating I need to cancel the amount I paid for the Getz 1.3 GLX and get a refund immediately, and he accepted that without any objection or sales pitch [he already committed to a full refund anytime; I had asked him to only give me receipts for my payments and not invoice the car yet]. Before closing the call, he did mention that he had understood from management discussions that the i20 is launching 'in around' 15th of January, and that both Petrol and Diesel are launching...

Again, taking this info with a pinch of salt... since he had also said earlier that i20 was launching in mid november this year, and it didn't.

But it also could be, since Hyundai have largely been very smart in India, and they would most likely plan to launch the i20 a good 2-4 months and get a lead before the Fiat Grande Punto [if] launches in India, sometime in May [rumoured].

I'm very very eager to know what engine specs are launching with the i20 and the prices, before the last week of December. There is a Fabia 1.2 offer that I would not want to miss, if the i20 pricing and specs are not to my taste. Please help, if you can.

thanks... aK
Old 18th December 2008, 15:41   #66
BHPian

i20 Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Folks,
Before closing the call, he did mention that he had understood from management discussions that the i20 is launching 'in around' 15th of January, and that both Petrol and Diesel are launching...

Again, taking this info with a pinch of salt... since he had also said earlier that i20 was launching in mid november this year, and it didn't.
Had visited Hyundai showroom today and the salesman said that the i20 would be launched in the 3rd week of Jan at a price point of 5.5 to 6.5 lacs.

Getz will continue.

Pinch of salt disclaimer applies.
Old 18th December 2008, 17:12   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Had visited Hyundai showroom today and the salesman said that the i20 would be launched in the 3rd week of Jan at a price point of 5.5 to 6.5 lacs.

Getz will continue.

Pinch of salt disclaimer applies.
i have my doubts about the price. this goes head to head with the fabia and the jazz which will play around in the 7 or 8 lak bracket. i paid 6 for my i10 itself. and the base model i20 will be damn crappy itself.
Old 18th December 2008, 17:26   #68
Senior - BHPian

Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i have my doubts about the price. this goes head to head with the fabia and the jazz which will play around in the 7 or 8 lak bracket. i paid 6 for my i10 itself. and the base model i20 will be damn crappy itself.
Right on, Jesal..

What you've said, makes logical sense, and it is what I was thinking too. If I'm not wrong [maybe I am, not sure] a couple of versions of the 1.1ltr i10 already cross 6 lakhs and few 1.2ltr i10s cross the 6 lakh price already, here in Bangalore.

Obviously, any entry level i20 won't be well spec'ed and a well spec'ed one should cost upwards of 7L? In which case, I find the 1.2 Fabia Ambiente a great deal now, with marginal discount and Preventive Maintenance package offer [until EO december this year..]

Still, confused.. No speculations on i20 prices...
Old 18th December 2008, 17:49   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Right on, Jesal..

What you've said, makes logical sense, and it is what I was thinking too. If I'm not wrong [maybe I am, not sure] a couple of versions of the 1.1ltr i10 already cross 6 lakhs and few 1.2ltr i10s cross the 6 lakh price already, here in Bangalore.

Obviously, any entry level i20 won't be well spec'ed and a well spec'ed one should cost upwards of 7L? In which case, I find the 1.2 Fabia Ambiente a great deal now, with marginal discount and Preventive Maintenance package offer [until EO december this year..]

oh well i dint wait and got the i10 which costs 6.5 laks before price cut and 6.2 laks after price cut for 6 laks. its fully loaded. now if the i20 does start at 6.5 laks on road it will be ac and ps only which will suck. i hate paying money for body and engine alone i want features too. so here comes the loaded sexy i20 which will start from 7 all the way upto 7.5 or 8 laks still cheaper than the verna itself. the getz crdi will be killed i guess it already has been. the current getz and i10 hardly any price different, the highlight is the getz and accent are cheaper than my tiny new small car coming next week. the money extra i paid was for ABS, AIRBAGS, SUNROOF, AUTOMATIC. i feel the first 2 are very important now in a car and i dont care what any sales person says that do u drive on highways and jazz like that. safety is safety no matter what the issues are. 7 more days to go for my ride to roll in wooooot
Old 18th December 2008, 17:54   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If i20 is between 6.5-7.5 lacs then buying that doesnt makes any sense as one can spend 50k more and get a ANHC or the Linea which will be near about 8 lac as well.
Am afraid if i20 is more than 6.5 it will meet the Fate of Fabia i.e - will be at the bottom of sales due to high pricing as most of Indian customers are not willing to spend 7-8 lac for a hatchback.
Old 18th December 2008, 18:04   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
If i20 is between 6.5-7.5 lacs then buying that doesnt makes any sense as one can spend 50k more and get a ANHC or the Linea which will be near about 8 lac as well.
Am afraid if i20 is more than 6.5 it will meet the Fate of Fabia i.e - will be at the bottom of sales due to high pricing as most of Indian customers are not willing to spend 7-8 lac for a hatchback.
ok here is how the ball goes. u think u want i20 then say ill put in some more and get a city and think some more will get a civic even some more will get a laura, some more game goes on and on, ultimately car companies make money and we spend on them lol.
Old 18th December 2008, 19:02   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
ok here is how the ball goes. u think u want i20 then say ill put in some more and get a city and think some more will get a civic even some more will get a laura, some more game goes on and on, ultimately car companies make money and we spend on them lol.
lol.. Jesal my point is i20 is a hatchback and ANHC and Linea are sedans. Difference is not just a 50k or 1lac but a segment which in some people's eyes is quiet significant ( am talking about common people and not the enthusiasts).
So if difference in price is not exorbitant like say 2-3 lac people will think of getting a sedan than a i20 hatchback.

Sorry i forgot to mention fiesta which is also an option in that price range specially with all discounts going on.
Old 18th December 2008, 20:09   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
lol.. Jesal my point is i20 is a hatchback and ANHC and Linea are sedans. Difference is not just a 50k or 1lac but a segment which in some people's eyes is quiet significant ( am talking about common people and not the enthusiasts).
So if difference in price is not exorbitant like say 2-3 lac people will think of getting a sedan than a i20 hatchback.

Sorry i forgot to mention fiesta which is also an option in that price range specially with all discounts going on.
Sorry. I don't agree. Ikon, Accent, Logan, Indigo don't kill the costlier hatches. People go by what they get. i20 can be about 50K to 1L cheaper than a similarly speced verna. Remember i20 wheelbase is more than verna. It is supposed to be better in ride and handling because of european touch during design. It will be definitely as specious as any C sedan here. I'm not sure of the boot space, but should be definitely more than most hatches here. Remember that 75bhp Swift ZDI could cost anything close to 7L. 90bhp i20 would definitely command more premium price than a swift. So, to me i20 looks as attractive as any C sedan car.
Old 18th December 2008, 21:38   #74
BHPian

there are chances that the I20 will be launched in jan. This lmonth hyundai motor India is manufacturing 1000 domestic cars. The export model is going good on an avg of 9000 cars for the past tw months.

It's gonna have a 1.4 and a 1.6 l engine and the pricing is surely going to be above 7.5 lacs.

An inside news. There are 22000 i10's lying inside the hyundai factory yard itself, all domestic models. So expect huge discounts and offers in the next month as all are going to become a previous year model.
Old 18th December 2008, 21:40   #75
BHPian

i have been told that people have put on hold their i10 purchase for getting the i20 when it releases if it goes to 7-8 lakhs OTR . even i feel jealous of the i10 guys when they go through city traffic so easily and yeah ask a guy like me who just went through a dam serious crash!! i10 has airbags. that could have saved me a hell lot of trouble. i am banned from driving for a month min. due to a chest injury sustained due to the crash. i would recomend the i20 if it has airbags and yes it will be as spacious as the verna not that powerfull though lolz.( i am real glad to be alive!!)

but for city use and highway use its more than enough i guess i mean you have a hatch that is as powerfull as a skoda octavia!![ more spacious too] what more do you want??

Last edited by sameel : 18th December 2008 at 21:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks