Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:50   #16
aZa
Senior - BHPian

looks nice , lets see what engine options does it get now
Old 3rd September 2008, 17:42   #17
SuperSyn

Good competetion for the Indica Vista. The Vista needs to be benchmarked against the i20, rather than the Suzuki Swift or Fiat whatever.

Old 3rd September 2008, 17:45   #18
BHPian

Nice catch! Never been a big fan of Hyundai (always think of it as the wrong "H") but still, this looks pretty good to be a city run about and inter-city trips. Disc brakes at the rear are surely a good move but will it be passed on to the domestic version?
Old 3rd September 2008, 19:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

first official photo of I 20 released

source: Hyundai i20: Getz Replacement Revealed, to Compete against Yaris and Fiesta - Carscoop

Hyundai has released the first photo of its all new i20, a five-door hatchback designed to replace the Getz and compete in the B-Segment against cars like the Ford Fiesta, Toyota Yaris and Fiat Grande Punto. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Set to be launched early 2009, the new i20 will fit right between the new i10 and i30 in the Korean automaker’s European range. Styled at Hyundai’s European Design Centre in Russelsheim, Germany, the new five-door supermini is based on a new platform that has a longer wheelbase than the existing Getz, promising to offer improved interior space. “The i20 was designed and engineered to meet European tastes and needs,” said Kun Hee Ahn, president of Hyundai Europe. “It was built on an entirely new platform and much of the ride and handling development took place on European roads, which has created a firm and agile drive. At HME, we are confident the i20 will succeed in the fast paced sub compact sector, as it offers much more in terms of standard equipment, fuel economy, interior space and style than many of its competitors,” he added.

Hyundai has yet to release any details on the new i20’s powertrain options, but expect to see a range of 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6-liter gasoline engines as well as a new 1.4 turbo diesel unit delivering 90 PS. The Korean automaker said that alongside the standard i20 it will also reveal at the Paris Auto Show an eco-friendly concept version wearing the ‘i-blue’ moniker.
Based on the i20, the i-blue concept will incorporate a series of modifications to reduc the standard model’s CO2 emissions and fuel consumption. Power comes from Hyundai’s new 1.4 CRDi diesel engine, which produces 90PS and generates 220Nm of torque. Key modifications include the replacement of the standard car’s five-speed manual gearbox with a six-speed unit, full-length under floor covers, a 15 millimetre reduction in ground clearance, changes to the front and rear aerodynamics, low rolling resistance tires and high performance, low friction engine oil.[/FONT]
The result is a CO2 output of just 99g/km and a fuel consumption figure of 68mpg UK which translates to 57mpg US or 4.2-liters of diesel fuel per 100 kilometres. The production version of the i20 i-blue is expected to arrive in the European market along with the three-door variants of the Korean supermini in mid-2009.
Attached Thumbnails
Caught the i (Hyundai i-20)-hyundaii201.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 3rd September 2008 at 19:20.
Old 3rd September 2008, 20:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Nice catch! Never been a big fan of Hyundai (always think of it as the wrong "H") but still, this looks pretty good to be a city run about and inter-city trips. Disc brakes at the rear are surely a good move but will it be passed on to the domestic version?
Don think the rear discs will be passed onto the domestic version. If its a additional option then its good. But a diesel engine is definitely in the offering.
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

A definite improvement over the Getz, but nothing worth getting excited about. The new Vista, New Altis and now this. Please.
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Power comes from Hyundai’s new 1.4 CRDi diesel engine, which produces 90PS and generates 220Nm of torque.
90PS engine with good torque. But will it be the same for India ?
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

The front of i20 looks quite lost especially the grille part. The i10 grille would have been better on this , this one has a vent with more gap below the H logo.
Old 3rd September 2008, 22:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a bigger hatch in this segment. I hope the size matches with Ford Fusion. I hope its also going to come with their Kappa engine.
Old 4th September 2008, 10:18   #25
BHPian

It says "1.4 CRDi diesel engine, which produces 90PS and generates 220Nm of torque."

Don't you think the engine is much refined than that of Verna. 100cc and 20hp less than Verna CRDi produces the torque almost equalant to Verna.
Old 4th September 2008, 13:58   #26
BHPian

i20 i-blue to deliver 68mpg

Hyundai i20

i20 i-blue 1.4L CRDI with 90bhp and 220Nm torque. Intersting.
Old 4th September 2008, 14:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

A few issues back ACI reported that the i20 would be produced by Hyundai in India mainly for exports. The car would be avaliable in India but Hyundai wouldn't be interested in volumes. If this correct then expect premium prices for the i20. Considering that it's bigger then the Getz, the i20, IMO, should be priced around the Skoda Fabia price point.
Old 4th September 2008, 14:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
A few issues back ACI reported that the i20 would be produced by Hyundai in India mainly for exports. The car would be avaliable in India but Hyundai wouldn't be interested in volumes. If this correct then expect premium prices for the i20. Considering that it's bigger then the Getz, the i20, IMO, should be priced around the Skoda Fabia price point.
Yes Amit, I feel you are right.
Some days back when a Hyundai official was asked about the future of Getz he said "it sells well". And that they would continue with it.

This vindicates your view point. But their mishmash with car bodies and engines can find an I20 with an epsilon engine at some cheaper price.
Old 4th September 2008, 15:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
A few issues back ACI reported that the i20 would be produced by Hyundai in India mainly for exports. The car would be avaliable in India but Hyundai wouldn't be interested in volumes.
Is this because of limitations in production capacity? Given the fact that Swift is ruling that segment and has thoroughly thrashed Getz, I would have expected the i20 to take Swift on and post some decent numbers.
Old 4th September 2008, 16:00   #30
BHPian

this definitely loooks spacious and hope it is.

The kappa engine was detuned to meet the 1.2L norms set by the government.

Hope this car gets a proper engine on this one atleast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks