Team-BHP - 2010 Chevrolet Aveo spotted in China
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2010 Chevrolet Aveo spotted in China (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/45188-2010-chevrolet-aveo-spotted-china.html)

This car is expected to hit Asian markets only in 2010. It might be unveiled in 2009 Frankfurt motor show.

Source : PC Auto China

BTW, how did you make out its Chevy Aveo? By its R/grill?

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 963576)

The rear looks sad. If the number plate is placed on the bumper, this might get the boxy-Logan look!

Even the centre console looks bad.
Honda city and Fiat Linea will rule this segment soon!

According to me, it looks like GM have stuck something to the boot to disguise the boots shape. You can clearly make it out.
The recent Chevy cars like the Malibu & Cruze looks pretty good, doubt they would come up with something so ugly from the behind.

Man what did they do to the dash board? The current one is far better than this. This one reminds me of TATA vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 963576)

The front grill. Also, if you look at the last picture in the snaps, it is parked right next to a current gen aveo and if you see both the mirrors, they are a dead give away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 963604)
The rear looks sad. If the number plate is placed on the bumper, this might get the boxy-Logan look!

Well, how about putting some chrome strip there? It'll certainly look nice!stupid:

Edit: Mods, shouldn't this be in the international section?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 964304)
The front grill. Also, if you look at the last picture in the snaps, it is parked right next to a current gen aveo and if you see both the mirrors, they are a dead give away.

Exactly what i was gonna say. I agree i should have had placed this thread in the International Automotive Scene. my bad! Mods can we move it there??

The interiors look a bit like A-star-ish to me, specially the A/C vents. I hope GM is able to sort out the interiors before this car hits the streets.

2010 Chevrolet Aveo spotted in China-tbhpnewaveo2.jpg
I think the overall profile is good and looks somewhat like current Aveo, specially the boot portion.
2010 Chevrolet Aveo spotted in China-tbhpnewaveo1.jpg

Well, GM needs to come out with a diesel Aveo to pick up on numbers and challenge City/Fiesta Diesel/Verna Diesel. Otherwise, the Aveo does not stand out on any parameter.

Look at the Maruti A-star Scoops thread & you will understand that interiors look like Shiny Plasticy Maruti A-star & not the TATA vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 964275)
Man what did they do to the dash board? The current one is far better than this. This one reminds me of TATA vehicles.

Though I suppose this must not be the final finish as its a test mule.