Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 12:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Oh, some more moronic drivers on the roads. I feel manual is better option for this BULL rather than AT.
Old 4th September 2008, 13:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Oh, some more moronic drivers on the roads. I feel manual is better option for this BULL rather than AT.
I see moronic drivers EVERYDAY on the road on all kinds of cars, male and female; I have to scrap the bottom of my patience, take a couple of deep breaths, think of pleasant thoughts & not become angry or frustrated. Believe me, it's an effort...... I am sure many here would echo my experience.
Old 4th September 2008, 14:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

i think there should be a car for every segment of buyers. mahindra is doing just that with its scorpio. there is the base M2Di, then the CRDe and the mHawk. now its even offering AT. its not the matter whether we like it or not. there may be some in the crowd who may want an AT for comfort and morover i heard its a six speed auto and the performance of the mHawk still persists.
i personally will never prefer an AT. i bought my hawk 3 months back and even if it was available as an option, i would prefer a manual. whats the fun in drving without a clutch and gear? the whole control of the car should be in my hands and legs, what say?
Old 4th September 2008, 14:46   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Though ppl talk of hefty discounts, I don't have first hand news of anyone actually getting ANY; would be interesting to see if anyone has actually got hefty discounts !!!!!
I hate to be the party pooper, but i guess i have to. The latest owner of the MHawk on the forum (pramods) got his Scorp VLX at 30K discount. He's mentioned that on the pics thread.
Old 4th September 2008, 15:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though ppl talk of hefty discounts, I don't have first hand news of anyone actually getting ANY; would be interesting to see if anyone has actually got hefty discounts !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I hate to be the party pooper, but i guess i have to. The latest owner of the MHawk on the forum (pramods) got his Scorp VLX at 30K discount. He's mentioned that on the pics thread.
Also do not miss Shankar Balan's detailed analysis here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...tml#post955014

53k saving! Another 40k available on tap if you forego the roof A/C & the extended warranty. Looks pretty real to me

Last edited by suman : 4th September 2008 at 15:09.
Old 4th September 2008, 15:48   #21
BANNED

Way to go Mahindra! Come on Tata, bring on those diesel automatics.
Old 4th September 2008, 15:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Also do not miss Shankar Balan's detailed analysis here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...tml#post955014

53k saving! Another 40k available on tap if you forego the roof A/C & the extended warranty. Looks pretty real to me
Thanks for that link..... 90 K saving is really something!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Tnx for that info.......... I missed that.

Power to the people, competition does have its value in bringing down prices and keeping the pressure on quality, looks like the "Discount Mela" is on everywhere.

Raj-5004:

I was very skeptical about AT earlier, went to Kenya 2 years back, saw almost 90% of the cars / suv's there were AT, that changed my mind about AT.

I was not allowed to drive on the roads his Prado, but only do a small Chakkar insidei the housing compound of our colleagues there. I took a round inside the second hand car dealer's big compound on a Subaru Forester - AWD - 4 speed AT (electronic), Toyota Landcruiser Colorado 3.0 D4-D GX AT, Toyota Rav4 AT, Pajero AT, Suzuki GV - 4 speed AT, I was seriousluy thinking of importing one, they are all very cheap there.

I was most impressed with the RAV4 AT, samller than other mammoths, goes off the bock quickly; so it's possible to mate an AT and give it MT performance. Yes.. the MT gives you that feel of conrolling the beast with your hands and you can feel the caged beast thro the stick... one can get addicted to that.

--Ramky
Old 4th September 2008, 16:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

if they launch 2 models with AT one with the 2.6 crde and other with M hawk one being less than 10L and one being more, it would be quite a hit

i saw one of these on the WE highway near andheri long time back but it had the ugly grafix with automatic transmission written all over the side body.

that was not good at all. would love the plain normal look instead
Old 4th September 2008, 16:30   #24
BHPian

An Automatic in not someone i will buy on the first go.

An Auto tramission is very complex - perhaps the most complex component of a car.

How is this transmission proven its reliability?
Old 4th September 2008, 17:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Wait till the niggling faults start coming up with this AT, the mechanics struggle with simple ECU's. These AT are going to be a nightmare for them.
Old 4th September 2008, 17:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Wait till the niggling faults start coming up with this AT, the mechanics struggle with simple ECU's. These AT are going to be a nightmare for them.
why to think so negative buddy?
why should a fault occur in the first place?

but as you said, mahindra products are very good but their service needs a huge improvement.
Old 4th September 2008, 17:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

should have better towing capacity and also better grade climbing ability due to the T/C.
Old 4th September 2008, 18:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If we track back the history, the CRDE had lots of nigglies and people were very upset, M&M has slowly but surely sorted out all these; the leaf suspension is a case in point. Though there are areas of improvement the the service, they would probably learn fast and the AT would be a success.

I have lots of respect for M&M, because this is a ground-up SUV, home-brew, researched, developed and delivered by them all in India; that's some feat in contrast to the R & D / marketing / financial muscle & experience of the giants out there. To sell a SUV to the world and numbers in India needs value for money and continuous improvement of the product.

---
Old 4th September 2008, 18:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If we track back the history, the CRDE had lots of nigglies and people were very upset, M&M has slowly but surely sorted out all these; the leaf suspension is a case in point. Though there are areas of improvement the the service, they would probably learn fast and the AT would be a success.

I have lots of respect for M&M, because this is a ground-up SUV, home-brew, researched, developed and delivered by them all in India; that's some feat in contrast to the R & D / marketing / financial muscle & experience of the giants out there. To sell a SUV to the world and numbers in India needs value for money and continuous improvement of the product.

---
You think Mahindra listen to customers ? Ok I give you an example of a problem that has plagued the Scorpio since its launch. When Mahindra launched the Scorpio my cousin bought one to replace his old Safari. On the way home from dealer he got a puncture, he puts the tool in and gets the spare lowered and then tries to jack the rear of the scorpio up, the damn jack point (due to the puncture) is too low for the jack to slide under. Using the old grey matter, a few bricks were found and the rear tyre driven on to it to artificially lift the car. This did the trick and the jack then was able to slide into the correct place.

Yes it is a trivial problem but Mahindra are well aware of this problem and to date have done nothing to resolve it. Wait till the AT problems bite there service centre guys on the backside, they will do the usual and claim the whole AT system has to be changed. This will be fine when the car is under warranty but wait till it is out of warranty and they demand lots of money to fix.

Last edited by bigman : 4th September 2008 at 18:42.
Old 4th September 2008, 19:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You think Mahindra listen to customers ? Ok I give you an example of a problem that has plagued the Scorpio since its launch. When Mahindra launched the Scorpio my cousin bought one to replace his old Safari. On the way home from dealer he got a puncture, he puts the tool in and gets the spare lowered and then tries to jack the rear of the scorpio up, the damn jack point (due to the puncture) is too low for the jack to slide under. Using the old grey matter, a few bricks were found and the rear tyre driven on to it to artificially lift the car. This did the trick and the jack then was able to slide into the correct place.

Yes it is a trivial problem but Mahindra are well aware of this problem and to date have done nothing to resolve it. Wait till the AT problems bite there service centre guys on the backside, they will do the usual and claim the whole AT system has to be changed. This will be fine when the car is under warranty but wait till it is out of warranty and they demand lots of money to fix.
Bigman,

I can see how you feel that way.... guess many would go crazy if they have use the jack M&M has given as OE. You have a big point there, why has M&M taken so long to correct this isssue or have they sorted this out with the new mHwak jack? Remember reading somewhere this is sorted out, not sure.

The serice guys would go nuts if they are not trained and paid well and if the infra is not in place, only time will tell, in the meantime there's HOPE?

-----

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks