Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 20:18   #151
Senior - BHPian

Oh Man looks so dashing in Blue!
When the hell is it coming to India.
Nov,dec? or next year?
Old 7th October 2008, 20:23   #152
BHPian

If and when an improved Verna and when i20 CRDI are launched Hyundai should ensure that they don't continue to have any of the handling issues of the Diesel Verna or Getz CRDI that leads to comments in T-BHP like "Even a brick can go fast if thrown hard enough,Can it turn".
Old 7th October 2008, 23:37   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimi View Post
The car is not even launched, No one has seen the Indian version. How can someone make such comments?
Don't get tensed so much!. I was just commenting by my experience with different cars which are there in the market and comparing them with the global versions.
Old 8th October 2008, 14:18   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Has anyone else here noticed disc brakes on all 4 wheels on the i20? Are there other hatchbacks sold abroad that come with all wheel disc brakes?]
Many hatchbacks abroad have 4-wheel discs. Two examples are the Civic type-R and the BMW Mini Cooper. By the way (btw), the supercharged Cooper S with a manual is the best hatch I have ever driven.
Old 9th October 2008, 17:37   #155
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Has anyone else here noticed disc brakes on all 4 wheels on the i20? Are there other hatchbacks sold abroad that come with all wheel disc brakes?

However, don't think Hyundai will even give all wheel disc brakes here even as an option [considering it may be a safety requirement for 120+ bhp compacts?]
Hyundai's Elantra, Honda's Civic, Toyota's Corolla and Skoda's Laura have had four wheel disc brakes since introduction. Even some Indian variants of Skoda Octavia and Hyundai Verna come with optional four wheel disc brakes.

There will certainly be a variant of the i20 with four wheel disc brakes for India. The question merely is: Will the base model have four wheel disc brakes?
Old 9th October 2008, 23:13   #156
BHPian

i20 Production Started

Guys,

last week when i was in hyundai plant, i came to know that they have already started producing i20 from this month. the export models are being made first. i could not see the car but the general feedback of the interior is good.

the only concern is the petrol version would only give the mileage same as getz, which is bettween 8- 10 in city. diesel launch is not yet certain.

Ronny
Old 10th October 2008, 12:07   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
Guys,

last week when i was in hyundai plant, i came to know that they have already started producing i20 from this month. the export models are being made first. i could not see the car but the general feedback of the interior is good.

the only concern is the petrol version would only give the mileage same as getz, which is bettween 8- 10 in city. diesel launch is not yet certain.

Ronny
What you heard there aligns with the earlier reports. i20 initial production is for exports (petrol to start with and then diesel in early 2009). I wish they roll out i20 for india in early 2009 ( both petrol and diesel)
Old 10th October 2008, 13:46   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Hyundai's Elantra, Honda's Civic, Toyota's Corolla and Skoda's Laura have had four wheel disc brakes since introduction. Even some Indian variants of Skoda Octavia and Hyundai Verna come with optional four wheel disc brakes.
Ram, I think you missed seeing my post correctly [Dose did]. I only meant hatchbacks. Of course I know Elantra, Civic and other larger sedans come with all wheel discs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
There will certainly be a variant of the i20 with four wheel disc brakes for India. The question merely is: Will the base model have four wheel disc brakes?
This, i doubt. I don't think Hyundai will be providing all wheel discs on i20 with less than 100bhp and doubt the 120+ bhp petrol and diesel hatches getting launched here [if it does, i'd be shocked and it would be brilliant]..
Old 10th October 2008, 14:13   #159
BHPian

Like the looks of the i20, looks like they have incoporated the better aspects of the i10 and sleeker getZ to come up with a great looking car.
Old 10th October 2008, 15:34   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Like the looks of the i20, looks like they have incoporated the better aspects of the i10 and sleeker getZ to come up with a great looking car.
IMO, it's inspired by the i30 and certain elements of the getz. I think there's a picture of i30 in this post.
Old 10th October 2008, 15:42   #161
BHPian

i20 is a good car finally hyundai india has decided to launch it here. Now that the i20 is going to be launched wonder what is going to happen to the Getz will the i20 make a dent in the already sale slumped getz or will hyundai phase out the getz.

I dont see any news on the verna front, maybe hyundai will release the all new elentra soon.
Old 11th October 2008, 17:03   #162
BHPian

I'm surprised no one caught this - today's "Zigwheels" paper edition has given the specs of the i20! Here they are:

Length - 3940 mm
Width - 1710 mm
Wheelbase - 2525 mm
Height - 1490 mm
Fuel Tank Capacity - 45 litres

The rest has been printed elsewhere too:
Suspension - Mcpherson struts in the front, torsion beam in the rear
Boot Space - 295 litres

Adil Jal Darukhanawala also goes on to say that it will be launched next month in India.
Old 11th October 2008, 17:14   #163
BHPian

This car is 115 mm longer, 45 mm wider, and has a 70 mm longer wheelbase than the Getz!

It's even longer (by 35 mm) and wider (by 15 mm) and has a longer wheelbase (by 25 mm) than the new Honda Jazz! (though I don't think interior space depends purely on dimensions - can't wait to see it in the flesh!)
Old 12th October 2008, 01:02   #164
Senior - BHPian

Here is the link -
Zigwheels.com

This indicates only petrol engine might be coming next month and at higher price!
Old 12th October 2008, 02:19   #165
BHPian

does the rear design inspired by new opel orsa?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed