Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 20:36   #181

November is a good time to launch. Just in the festive season, and the delivery would be sometime by December or early next year. Then model would be of 2009. Hope they launch the diesel also. Diesel has increased demand in Indian market these days and it's sensible for HMIL to do so.
I read in BHP about 1.4 L Crdi referred as blue. Mostly diesel engines referred as blue or clean require 50 ppm diesel. It'll be available in India only from 2010 that too only in 6 cities. If it's clean diesel engine, it's for Europe only and Hyundai will have to stick to engines suited for Indian fuel supply.
Else 1.4L 90 bhp would suit the car better. And Hyundai can save the 1.6L 128 BHP for Elantra if they want to have it soon.
Old 15th October 2008, 20:37   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Seems like as we are getting so many messages for Nov launch it might get launched in Nov only!
Remember, I had also posted on a prior date when my sales contact at Trident Hyundai also blurted the i20 will get launched early or mid november..

I noticed from your signature Harry, that you are also waiting between a Vista and the i20.. I think we're on the same boat...
Old 15th October 2008, 21:00   #183
Senior - BHPian

@ Ajay - Right! The only diff been you are inclined towards petrol and am towards diesel!
Old 15th October 2008, 21:50   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Ajay - Right! The only diff been you are inclined towards petrol and am towards diesel!
Yes, petrol since I don't have a budget for the i20 diesel [more than 6.3 for a diesel means way gets out of budget]..

If it's under 6.3 I may consider if it's a mid of the line variant.
Old 15th October 2008, 21:56   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Yes, petrol since I don't have a budget for the i20 diesel [more than 6.3 for a diesel means way gets out of budget]..

If it's under 6.3 I may consider if it's a mid of the line variant.
Above 6 i20 diesel doesnt makes sense as you can get a Fiesta or a Verna 7 onwards so why take a Hatch when you can get a sedan for a bit more.
Thats diff if its loaded with so many features which can justify the price !
Old 15th October 2008, 21:59   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Above 6 i20 diesel doesnt makes sense as you can get a Fiesta or a Verna 7 onwards so why take a Hatch when you can get a sedan for a bit more.
I guess if 6.3lacs on road, then why not go for a SX4 basic version or a DZire sedan. You get better safety than this hatchy i20.
it really makes no sense to put in all the money into the front safety only when you back can be hit well off. (actually the car's back )
Old 15th October 2008, 22:06   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
I guess if 6.3lacs on road, then why not go for a SX4 basic version or a DZire sedan. You get better safety than this hatchy i20.
it really makes no sense to put in all the money into the front safety only when you back can be hit well off. (actually the car's back )
Thats why i said above 6 Sedan's can be considered. Dzire is off Q due to long waiting periods (personally i hate the look of the car) .
As the CEO said it will be costly than getz am expecting i20 to be atleast 6.5 ex showroom
Old 16th October 2008, 01:31   #188
BHPian

The interiors look good but i hope hyundai does not spoils it by giving it a beige colour.It would most probably come with a 1.6 litre diesel.It would also would be great if hyundai gave an automatic transmission with the diesel coz we dont get that on small cars.
Old 16th October 2008, 03:04   #189
Team-BHP Support

By the way, looking at the i20 I get the feeling that its body is way over-chiselled for indian roads. With frequent skirmishes and fender benders we encounter here that i20 body will be a nightmare to repair. In fact any body hit will mean a straightaway replacement of panels. Thats gonna be costly guys.
Old 16th October 2008, 13:09   #190
Senior - BHPian

Reasons

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
Well Harry & Anup,

I don't need a dedicated boot so I am not inclined towards a sedan.. A big hatchback with good bootspace will do..

Secondly, I know Hyundai might/will price i20 diesels high up, but I think we are considering the possibility, with the Getz crdi in comparison. The particular thing to be noted here is the Getz currently has a more powerful 1.5ltr 110 bhp engine, which is what makes the Getz diesel so pricey now.

But, the i20 has been announced to come with 1.3ltr [or so?] engines with 2 variants, one turned for 75bhp and another tuned for 90bhp.. I rest my hope on these 2 engines to keep the price below astronomical levels and affordable for people with a budget.

I am hoping one of these 2 are available for around 6L-6.3L on-road.. I can always later add on Pete's box for more power if required.. Ifff none of the diesels are available at around 6.3L, then I have no option than to consider the petrol versions, or go back to being content with Getz Glx or Vista quadjet... which would be too sad...

Let me wait 2+ weeks and see what happens... Positive thing out of this is I pray more often now..... lol... aK
Old 16th October 2008, 15:35   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Well Harry & Anup,

I don't need a dedicated boot so I am not inclined towards a sedan.. A big hatchback with good bootspace will do..

Secondly, I know Hyundai might/will price i20 diesels high up, but I think we are considering the possibility, with the Getz crdi in comparison. The particular thing to be noted here is the Getz currently has a more powerful 1.5ltr 110 bhp engine, which is what makes the Getz diesel so pricey now.

But, the i20 has been announced to come with 1.3ltr [or so?] engines with 2 variants, one turned for 75bhp and another tuned for 90bhp.. I rest my hope on these 2 engines to keep the price below astronomical levels and affordable for people with a budget.

I am hoping one of these 2 are available for around 6L-6.3L on-road.. I can always later add on Pete's box for more power if required.. Ifff none of the diesels are available at around 6.3L, then I have no option than to consider the petrol versions, or go back to being content with Getz Glx or Vista quadjet... which would be too sad...

Let me wait 2+ weeks and see what happens... Positive thing out of this is I pray more often now..... lol... aK
hyundai i20 diesel variant will come with 1.4L 90hp 220 nm torque.

Torque is equalent to Verna and moreover, it will be lighter than Verna. So, how about the straight line acceleration compared with verna?
Old 16th October 2008, 16:02   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well Harry & Anup,

Praying does comes handy as by my experience so keep praying!
the same is with me, however instead going for a petrol i will look towards Vista Quadra as my running will be around 100 km per day.
Old 16th October 2008, 16:53   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
does the rear design inspired by new opel orsa?
I guess Rip off is the right word!
Old 16th October 2008, 18:24   #194
Senior - BHPian

Calling for....

It's almost 2 weeks for Diwali now and i20 'may' launch then or sometime in 1st week of November..

Sidindica! Where are you? Don't you think it's time you dive in and get a 'TBHP Exclusive' on engine specs and/or pricing before the company does??

You've done it with the Vista, done it with the Honda G3HC... I think the i20 is a hat-trick in the waiting...

Come on Sid.... Shock us soon....
Old 16th October 2008, 18:58   #195
BHPian

I get the feeling that the car would be launched before Diwali (just like i10), or otherwise launched in Dec 2008 or Jan 2009.

I say this because it does not make sense for a manufacturer to launch a car after Diwali - they might as well sell it as a 2009 model then, since sales in the last 2 months is anyways slow due to the depreciation factor.

FYI - Hyundai i10 was launched on Oct 31st 2007 - 10 days before Diwali, ie, Nov 9th 2007.

Launching the car in November would be an exception to the rule if Hyundai does it.

Although one more thing that I would like to add is - Hyundai i10 became a grand success in terms of sales, even though it was slightly overpriced, due to the numerous "Car of the Year" awards and intelligent marketing.

Wasn't it weird seeing a hoarding that in the month of February 2008, said that Hyundai i10 was the car of the year 2008 as voted by all magazines? That makes the common man think that is this car really so good? Must be worth the money then even though its the start of 2008, not knowing that the award goes to a car which was launched in the previous year.

Similarly, I'm sure Hyundai's gunning for the Car of the Year 2009 prize. Which means that the i20 will have 1 or 2 revolutionary things that are not offered in the B+ segment.

Which also means that the car must be launched, and delivered, in 2008!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th October 2008 at 19:50.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks