Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 21:50   #196
Senior - BHPian

Reppy,

I only hope all that you have said turns true... Even I suppose the i20 should be/may be presented in India for Diwali, but we never know..

I was assuming Maruti may pose the A-Star for launch on Diwali but Sid has just posted today that they are to launch on Nov 18th.. Not a great time for launch, as you pointed out...

I only hope i20 is launched in November and they start delivering by 1st of Dec 08... Hope hope hope... We all live in hope!
Old 16th October 2008, 22:20   #197
Senior - BHPian

I 20 will not be coming before january, as per my talk with my friend, who works in HMI, which I had minutes before.

he though, stated that maybe a 1.4 petrol and a 1.4 diesel will be the only engine options to come to India.
Old 16th October 2008, 22:27   #198
Senior - BHPian

Bad news. January means it will be available from march onwards :(
Though this says its coming next month!
Hyundai's i20 to hit roads next month- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Last edited by harry10 : 16th October 2008 at 22:28.
Old 17th October 2008, 00:09   #199
BANNED

i20 & New Verna spotted !!!!

Hi All,

I spotted the new i20 and verna on the test on my way to vellore last week.

Thought i dont have much detail on i20 (as it was camouflaged) ,i did have a look at new verna.

There is a slight change in the front grill.a steel strip seemed to inserted in it.the car looks better that what it is now.

I also saw the new ikon on 9/oct/08.the design is same as the fiest.no other major change in it,

Thanks

Ram
Old 17th October 2008, 00:28   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Bad news. January means it will be available from march onwards :(
Though this says its coming next month!
Hyundai's i20 to hit roads next month- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
I have a strong feeling that manufacturers will be making their launches ASAP. One reason being the festive season. Another very serious concern would be the slowdown. I'm sure the industry is watching this very closely. The longer they take to launch the cars the fewer sales they'll get.

I've been hearing just too many people talking about their fears of how the slowdown could affect them - especially their jobs.

Last edited by CBlazer : 17th October 2008 at 00:31.
Old 17th October 2008, 22:42   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All,

I spotted the new i20 and verna on the test on my way to vellore last week.

Thought i dont have much detail on i20 (as it was camouflaged) ,i did have a look at new verna.

There is a slight change in the front grill.a steel strip seemed to inserted in it.the car looks better that what it is now.

I also saw the new ikon on 9/oct/08.the design is same as the fiest.no other major change in it,

Thanks

Ram
Josh, you are one of few lucky persons to see new look Verna , I am very sure that there will be few changes at (front part as you say ) new look front grill. By the way which one you sported Diesel one or Petrol one?
Old 17th October 2008, 23:35   #202
BHPian

Hi Guys. I had been to Trident Hyundai (Sankey Road) today to test drive Getz Diesel. During our conversation i asked the sales person about the launch of i20 and the new verna.

She confirmed that i20 will be launched next month (ie November) and it is a competitor for Maruti Splash. She didnt mention if it is going to be a soft launch or not. Its not going to affect Getz in anyway. Only petrol version is going to be launched initially and we can expect a diesel heart in it only after an year. She also confirmed that the new verna will be launched ONLY next year.

She was also speaking about the launch of one more car this year. But she was not able to put it across to me properly. I am confused. It is either a replacement for Elantra or a car from Hyundai stable which will be in a higher segment than the Sonata Embera. I am not sure which segment she was talking about.

Guys one more thing. The dealers are really worried about the market slow down. I could see that on her face. Lets all hope for the best!

Last edited by Torque123 : 17th October 2008 at 23:36.
Old 17th October 2008, 23:46   #203
BHPian

@Torque123: Splash is an even smaller car than the swift. She obviously didn't know much about cars. The i20 is a much larger car than the Splash or even the Swift!
Old 18th October 2008, 00:14   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Hi Guys. I had been to Trident Hyundai (Sankey Road) today to test drive Getz Diesel. During our conversation i asked the sales person about the launch of i20 and the new verna.

She confirmed that i20 will be launched next month (ie November) and it is a competitor for Maruti Splash. She didnt mention if it is going to be a soft launch or not. Its not going to affect Getz in anyway. Only petrol version is going to be launched initially and we can expect a diesel heart in it only after an year. She also confirmed that the new verna will be launched ONLY next year.

She was also speaking about the launch of one more car this year. But she was not able to put it across to me properly. I am confused. It is either a replacement for Elantra or a car from Hyundai stable which will be in a higher segment than the Sonata Embera. I am not sure which segment she was talking about.

Guys one more thing. The dealers are really worried about the market slow down. I could see that on her face. Lets all hope for the best!
most probably it will be the New Elantra which is doing great in other countries. If they will go high segment than sonata then... 2 cars comes in the mind.

Hyundai Azera - V6 and a super spacious car.

Hyundai Genesis - Ahem!! V8
Old 18th October 2008, 12:34   #205
Senior - BHPian

looking at how they are doing with the sonata,i doubt they would make plans for azera or genesis

i really feel bad for sonata ,this car deserves a much better response from market
Old 18th October 2008, 15:50   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
looking at how they are doing with the sonata,i doubt they would make plans for azera or genesis

i really feel bad for sonata ,this car deserves a much better response from market
haha its good for me atleast. I will get a good 2nd hand Sonata CRDi at much cheap price.
Old 18th October 2008, 16:33   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
haha its good for me atleast. I will get a good 2nd hand Sonata CRDi at much cheap price.
Which is ironic for it would fetch you equally bad if not worse resale.

Elito
Old 18th October 2008, 16:49   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Which is ironic for it would fetch you equally bad if not worse resale.

Elito
it wont effect that much dude. Resale will effect the 1st buyer.
i'm still waiting for i20 to launch. Then only i will take my decision to buy i20 or Sonata.

Resale for both the cars i20 brand new and sonata crdi 2nd will almost be the same.

Elantra crdi was flopped in indian market. Still you will find 2005 elantra crdi for 5.5 to 6 lakhs. Only the 1st owner's got ruined with the resale.
Old 19th October 2008, 17:06   #209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
Josh, you are one of few lucky persons to see new look Verna , I am very sure that there will be few changes at (front part as you say ) new look front grill. By the way which one you sported Diesel one or Petrol one?
Hi Ravi,

I really dont know whether it was a Petrol or CRDI,It just zip passed me along with two i20s.So i was very keen on watching the i20 than verna
Old 19th October 2008, 19:17   #210
BHPian

Had been to the Hyundai factory on Friday. I20 launch next month and cars production has already started. Then plan to initially produce 2000 cars a month. Will be available in 1.6ltr petrol at the present , later on a 1.2 ltr option will be added.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed