Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2008, 10:32   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
CNBC claimed that Hyundai i20 will be coming in jan, 2009
Yup, it was CNBC and shahrukh khan was presenting i10 as prize to a winner.
Old 15th November 2008, 12:40   #272
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
On the contrary i believe the automative slump is more because many buyers like me are waiting for new launches like - i20,Linea,ANHC(which just got launched but still not available for test drive),
Harry, I agree with your statement to an extent, but we have to realise that 10 - 15 new car launches take place every year! Thus, there'd always be a segment of buyers who are waiting for that fresh new car. However, the global economic climate has not been as bad in a long time. Interest rates are high too and banks are wary of giving loans as freely as they were in...say....2006.
Old 15th November 2008, 13:43   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Harry, I agree with your statement to an extent, but we have to realise that 10 - 15 new car launches take place every year! Thus, there'd always be a segment of buyers who are waiting for that fresh new car. However, the global economic climate has not been as bad in a long time. Interest rates are high too and banks are wary of giving loans as freely as they were in...say....2006.
I agree. I'm afraid we might have to wait longer for some of the much awaited and already delayed launches.

Even where cheaper credit is available, people are being cautious. A Toyota sales person whom I've known for a long time told me that the number of company leases have also come down.

Job cuts are being made in several IT companies - the numbers may be small and don't always get reported in the media. In my company due to such fears, even though the lease scheme is still available, people are not taking it. A serious drawback of company lease is that in case of a termination, the person has to pay up all the remaining installments at the pre-tax exempt rate.

Last edited by CBlazer : 15th November 2008 at 13:46.
Old 20th November 2008, 22:09   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
...banks are wary of giving loans as freely as they were in...say....2006.
Yes ideally banks should be conservative and be wary of giving loans but they are not.
On the contrary, I hear indian consumers are smart and withhold all their big expenses. Banks and their sales guys are eager to give away loans, housing, auto, personal and there are less takers..
Old 20th November 2008, 22:38   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Yes ideally banks should be conservative and be wary of giving loans but they are not.
On the contrary, I hear indian consumers are smart and withhold all their big expenses. Banks and their sales guys are eager to give away loans, housing, auto, personal and there are less takers..
I beg to differ on this sir. If you have read the recent reports you will find Banks have become very choosy in giving loans and most banks are not financing more than 85% and are also demanding more DP from the buyer.
Anyways any more news about i20 launch?
Old 26th November 2008, 21:42   #276
BANNED

i20 in jan

hi all,

My colleagues had gone for a business meeting in hyundai last week. they saw the i20 parked there.it seems the car is AWESOME and the design is outstanding.

The car looks muscular and long.Already the i20 is being manufactured in chennai and exported.

Let us all wait for the wonder.......!!
Old 27th November 2008, 20:30   #277
aseemjohari

Hyundai i20 - Review Specification Technology Price Launch India Diesel Petrol

as before the launch of A-Star by mariti same kinna websites was registered...we all can hope the lunch of i20 soon in india now.

Old 27th November 2008, 20:52   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseemjohari View Post
Hyundai i20 - Review Specification Technology Price Launch India Diesel Petrol

as before the launch of A-Star by mariti same kinna websites was registered...we all can hope the lunch of i20 soon in india now.
The A-Star website was Maruti's official one. This i20 site clearly states that they are not associated with Hyundai.
Old 14th December 2008, 18:14   #279
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai | New Cars | I20 | Technical

Seems like UK hasn't got the 1.6L i20!

going by the figures, the 1.4L is not really a hot hatch! sigh....
Old 14th December 2008, 18:17   #280
Senior - BHPian

I dont see a market for an i20 either, but after driving around in the i10 for a while I would be very tempted to go for the i20 even if I were in the market for a sedan. Yes the hatch I drove around cost 5.25 OTR, but hey there was a whole world of difference between this one and all the other generic hatches available int he market.
Old 16th December 2008, 08:30   #281
BHPian

The TVC should be out by new year and i20 would be reaching showrooms around the same time. 1.2 petrol and 1.4 diesel expected initially.

The i10 diesel and verna facelift expected by March 09

Now the real news.... Santa Fe is expected by April-May 09. Tentative pricing: 20L

Source: A friend who works with Hyundai regional HQ in Delhi.

Elito
Old 16th December 2008, 09:42   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
The TVC should be out by new year and i20 would be reaching showrooms around the same time. 1.2 petrol and 1.4 diesel expected initially.

The i10 diesel and verna facelift expected by March 09

Now the real news.... Santa Fe is expected by April-May 09. Tentative pricing: 20L

Source: A friend who works with Hyundai regional HQ in Delhi.

Elito
Amen! I was expecting a Jan 15th launch (worldwide) but if this is true then there's no way better to celebrate new years than to book one in red! cheers:
Old 16th December 2008, 09:43   #283
Senior - BHPian

is this the grill coming on the facelifted verna?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyunda i20 on test and the new verna too-1.jpg  

Old 16th December 2008, 10:28   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Amen! I was expecting a Jan 15th launch (worldwide) but if this is true then there's no way better to celebrate new years than to book one in red! cheers:

Actually the i20 and the i10 diesel are already being exported, so they will be india specific launches.

@sid - sorry buddy no pics or details, guess thats your job!

Elito
Old 16th December 2008, 11:17   #285
BHPian

Wasn't Hyundai also supposed to launch sedan wersion of i 30 sometime this year in India ? any idea on those plans
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks