Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2009, 11:05   #196
BHPian

What Happened to the clear Lense Headlamps?I thought the Refreshed Innova was supposed to come with Clear Lense Headlamps but the pics above show the same Lamps as in the older model with black bordering?

I really don't like those...
Old 28th January 2009, 11:40   #197
BHPian

Not much difference from the existing one. It looks like a made in China add on kit put on old innova. Charging any premium on this would be day light robbery. I was planning to replace my 3 year old innova with the facelift version but now I think whats the point.
Old 28th January 2009, 12:08   #198
BHPian

Really disappointing... after the hype & long wait. It looks like a honda city now! Hope the interiors are better.
Old 28th January 2009, 12:09   #199
Senior - BHPian

Those old headlamp design is a big turndown, so the only new changes which models below V get the new grill and LEDs at the rear and the new colors? or something more?
Old 28th January 2009, 12:33   #200
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody post a side-by-side snap with the old one so we can run a spot-the-difference contest?

The winner will have to TD the 'facelift' and post a review.

I hope they dont advertize this as a 'new' Innova or anything and just quietly launch it as a 2009 version of the same thing.
Old 28th January 2009, 13:48   #201
Senior - BHPian

Very disappointing is they still kept old headlight black portion. I think adding clear/chrome would have attracted some increase in production cost so they might have not done it. But they did BIG mistake by retaining old headlights design.

If they increase the price Innova will fall into highly overpriced vehicle unless they offer 50,000/- discount.

About facelift well every car manufacturer do cosmetic changes like whats been done in Innova, so lets critisize Innova.

Its known fact that every year Toyota brings in improved tuned version which we should appreciate

Regars,

Ravi.

Toyota - Innova URL to read about facelift

Last edited by ravibhat : 28th January 2009 at 14:03.
Old 28th January 2009, 13:49   #202
Senior - BHPian

prices for facelifted models

introductory prices range from 7.66L to 11.06L(ex-showroom, Delhi).
Is this inline with expectations?
Old 28th January 2009, 13:49   #203
BHPian

Just read on ET that the facelift Innova has been launched ...

Toyota launches new Innova in India- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 28th January 2009, 14:04   #204
Senior - BHPian

That grill.. looks too similar to that of corolla altis

Instead of facelift...it looks like Toyota went on cost cutting by reusing components(what we software engineers do)
Old 28th January 2009, 14:05   #205
Senior - BHPian

This facelift only reinforces my theory that the Indian auto market demands dull, dreary, boring ,frumpy and utility. Utility being the reason of being. If the Standard Pennant was still manufactured with current mechanicals and some awful stickering it would sell like hot veggie puffs. Oh!. I forget that HM is doing the same with the Amby and it continues to sell. Both the Pennant and the Amby were designed around the same time. I wouldn't get so upset if these automakers didn't insult us by hyping these non-events. They will probably charge double the cost of the facelist per car and pass it on to the consumer.JAI HO!.
Old 28th January 2009, 14:17   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
JAI HO!.
When in India, do as the Indians do!
Can we really fault Toyota for this?
Old 28th January 2009, 14:25   #207
BHPian

Build a better website for starters!!

I just checked the Toyota website. If Toyota is known for its quality, the first thing they need to do is re-vamp the site they've built for India.
Besides the fact that it looks like a website that was built in the early days of the internet, it also has errors.

I looked at the specifications page and so the model names as VX and GX. When I go to the price list page, I see V and VM...don't know which one is correct!!!
Old 28th January 2009, 14:25   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
When in India, do as the Indians do!
Can we really fault Toyota for this?
No, but they have a better looking variant for innova in thailand and UAE. They launched it in thailand as innova 2008.
Are we indians, or our market not even considered as important as thailand or UAE?
or are we too happy spending our hard earned cash (in some cases, no so hard earned) on outdated models?
Old 28th January 2009, 14:30   #209
BHPian

Guys
The website has been updated but partially.(Toyota - Welcome to the world of Toyota In India)
Old 28th January 2009, 14:41   #210
BHPian

Website

I just checked the Toyota website. If Toyota is known for its quality, the first thing they need to do is re-vamp the site they've built for India.
Besides the fact that it looks like a website that was built in the early days of the internet, it also has errors.

I looked at the specifications page and so the model names as VX and GX. When I go to the price list page, I see V and VM...don't know which one is correct!!!

Most Viewed