Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 16:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Face lifted Innova looks impressive especially front. Reflective lights at rear look like made for Euro IV standard like Corolla, Even front is lifted bit more which I noticed in many new cars should be for better safety of pedestrian. I think now a days most of the facelifts for fixing the existing known bugs and giving better safety and luxury features.

I hope they come up with better refined Diesel engine also more fuel efficient (less powered is fine) Petrol Engine (just 1-2 km more FE is more than enough to draw attention of many buyers).

Anyway this is too much of expectation from me because I am looking forward to buy new Innova in coming months.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 16th November 2008, 14:40   #32

ref: autocar, nov'08

hi, in the latest autocar they have carried an article (like always) about the new launches expected in 2009. i was quite disappointed to read that the facelifted innova is due in dec 2009 as per them (and not dec 2008). i have written to them to check if its a typo (and i hope it is)...does anyone have a clearer picture?
Old 17th November 2008, 10:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikapur View Post
hi, in the latest autocar they have carried an article (like always) about the new launches expected in 2009. i was quite disappointed to read that the facelifted innova is due in dec 2009 as per them (and not dec 2008). i have written to them to check if its a typo (and i hope it is)...does anyone have a clearer picture?
It is 100% wrong. I am sure it going to come sooner, it might be even Dec 2008.
Old 17th November 2008, 11:59   #34

letter from autocar

hi - autocar responded to the email that i sent to them and they confirmed that its a typo. the car is expected in dec 2008.
Old 19th November 2008, 15:01   #35
BHPian

Guy any idea bout exact launch date for New Innova, one of my friend waiting quite long for this. I kept on pushing him to wait for new Innova. So please save me if you know some dates
Old 19th November 2008, 16:10   #36
BHPian

Can anyone please ask the salesperson of any Toyota showroom whether they will be launching the Automatic Innova in a few months or not as i am out of the country for quite some time.
And if the dont, how would it be if i import the automatic Innova from Thailand??
Old 19th November 2008, 16:40   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedophobia View Post
And if the dont, how would it be if i import the automatic Innova from Thailand??
It would be day light robbery.

The CRV or Captiva automatics would be around the same price range.

I did speak to a Toyota salesperson today who confirmed launch is Jan 1st week.Current models discounts are 50k +
Old 24th November 2008, 17:15   #38

the sales rep @ the pune dealership mentioned that the new model launch has been postponed. reason - due to the slowdown there is too much stock of the current models that has not been sold. as per him the launch could now be in mar....
Old 24th November 2008, 18:36   #39
BHPian

Is it worth buying the current model for which they are giving upto 50k discount or to wait for the new model members please advice me on this
Old 24th November 2008, 19:26   #40
BHPian

See Its upto you, if you can wait then it worth. Otherwise its a good time to buy old models due to heavy discounts. As New Innova does has only cosmatic changes, if you like them then wait, otherwise no point in waiting. As there will be a slight increase in prices too with new model.
Old 24th November 2008, 20:32   #41
BHPian

Spotted Facelifted Innova in Bangalore

Day before y'day, on Outer Ring Road (close to Marthahalli underpass) in Bangalore, I spotted new Innova in my rear-view mirror. And man, the front looks are way too good.. New grill is absolutely fantastic and gives the vehicle a very aggressive look. The vehicle had body skirtings as well (not sure if there were side skirtings fitted as well or not - I had a handicap of looking at it only in my RVM) which came all the way to the front and had fog lamps engulfed in it.

Could not click any snaps as the Innova took slip road towards HAL airport and I had to follow the road to my home.
Old 24th November 2008, 21:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Is it worth buying the current model for which they are giving upto 50k discount or to wait for the new model members please advice me on this
Innova always comes with discount. Its a sales hype, almost throughout the year Toyota does with Innova.
Old 24th November 2008, 22:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

New Innova looks promising, much better front looks.

Hope they don't increase the price too much. Lets hope they come up with ABS as option in middle variants like G4 or ABS/AIRBAG standard on all variants with nominal price increase.

Its very true that every car manufacturer has huge new cars in stock so expect big discounts in December. They might come up with ad saying price increase in new year 2009 and buy in december to get best discounts.

But my plan is different, wait for a while and buy around March 2009 where there might be huge recession around globe and Automakers has to decrease the price to survive. By now they would have decreased the price but they are not.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 24th November 2008 at 22:03.
Old 24th November 2008, 22:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Models | Innova - Main

No much change in the entire looks, both interior and exterior. I hope these changes can be done even with after market accessories for exteriors.
Old 24th November 2008, 22:33   #45
Senior - BHPian

Facelifted innova looks neat and somewhat helps to improve its looks which otherwise looks more kind of a van. But i feel Toyota should have done something more than just modifying the grill and skirts.

Most Viewed