Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki A-star Launching on 19th Nov EDIT- Brochure on Page 7
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki A-star Launching on 19th Nov EDIT- Brochure on Page 7 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/45219-maruti-suzuki-star-launching-19th-nov-edit-brochure-page-7-a-10.html)

Has the launch been postponed? few min back the site countdown was showing 8mins left for the launch and now its showing 1day 23hrs left?

NOW IT SAYS 3mins. dont know what is going on with there countdown.

Is A star getting launched today ? I was watching the count down timer go down from 00:00:00:56 to 00 and then alas, after 00, it started again with 01:23:00:00. Now, when I checked after some time, the timer shows 2 more min remaining for launch.. What is happening ?

check now, it has gone back to less than 5 minutes.
This web server seems to be overloaded, response is slow.

The countdown timer re-sets itself to 1D 23H 23M 59s :Frustrati

am able to see the Webcast of the launch.

There is some live video playing.. must be from the launch..

Official press release and prices are out
Maruti Suzuki launches A-star

Introductory Prices of A-star in DELHI are:
Lxi 346775
Zxi 411775
Vxi 374775

I think this is the first budget car with full features including safety, hence its an important release for India.

Hey,

maruti a star is launched with price tag as follows

lxi: 346775
vxi: 374775
zxi; 411775

all ex showroom delhi

Hyundai i10 cost are as follows
irde (mettalic)
dlite: 340787
era; 376489

Kappa(mettalic)
Magna: 399985
Sports: 430481
Asta: 489291

Again maruti has surprised with costing

Its live launch. the video is live

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem (Post 1058731)
Do you own a Hyundai?

In any case, its the same for all manfacturers from the likes of Skoda (Laura and Octi), to Hyundai (with Accent and Verna, i10 and Santra), to Tata's, they keep selling the the old model and position the new model along as a new entry in the market. Why just blame MUL.

Rather when companies like Honda and Toyota (like Qualis) discontinue old models and bring newer models, most ppl complain like crybabies that why discontinue something that sells good and runs well..

So one can keep arguing on this. What we should appreciate is that manf should keep giving us new offerings, whether they keep continuing with the old ones or not, is their call.

But I guess MUL takes the cake when it comes to replacing older models with newer ones.
Guys : This is what I have read over the years. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.
Considering the first ever Maruti 800 to be introduced in India as the baseline - first generation small car, the next 800 was second generation with its various iterations [ MPFI, 4-speed, 5-speed]. For the world markets, the 800 was replaced by the Zen [not the Estilo] - the third generation. Then came the Alto - Fourth generation - to replace the Zen. Today with the the A-Star launch, MUL is launching the 5th Generation of the car that set on India on wheels.
Had MUL not discountinued the earlier Zen, India would have been in a unique position as the only car market in the world to have 4 generations of the same car family selling side-by-side. We would probably be breaking our own record - set by MUL itself while selling the 800 / Zen / Alto - cars from 3 generations.
Put together they were selling in substantial numbers, helping MUL retain the numero uno postion in this market.
For a moment consider, if Toyota had been selling 3 generations of the Corolla at the same time in the US. But they wouldnt.
Government regulations on emissions & safety, consumers' appetite for improved car designs & comfort, competition and Toyota brand building exercise are some of the reasons I can think of for Toyota to stop selling older cars.
So where does this leave MUL, the current competition in India and India as an automotive society as a whole.

The prices are on higher side & do notice that These are introductory prices.

These prices are very close to those of Wagon R.

Anyways we also need to see how spacious the A star is.

I am sure it will pickup well but what needs to be seen is how it performs 6 months down the line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 Bond (Post 1058989)
Hey,

maruti a star is launched with price tag as follows

lxi: 346775
vxi: 374775
zxi; 411775

all ex showroom delhi

Hyundai i10 cost are as follows
irde (mettalic)
dlite: 340787
era; 376489

Kappa(mettalic)
Magna: 399985
Sports: 430481
Asta: 489291

Again maruti has surprised with costing

Oh man, Zxi with airbags and ABS right?
Kool price list

Now it is being shown on Ndtv Profit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 1059010)
The prices are on higher side & do notice that These are introductory prices.

These prices are very close to those of Wagon R.

Anyways we also need to see how spacious the A star is.

I am sure it will pickup well but what needs to be seen is how it performs 6 months down the line.

star news showed that the space available is very less(backseat for a person taller than 5`10.)
in the end he said "this is a family car,par family nahin aa sakti""

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarunmadhok (Post 1059014)
Oh man, Zxi with airbags and ABS right?
Kool price list

Yes, great pricing for the higher end models.

For i10, only Asta has both ABS + Airbags, and it costs 4,89,000, where as A-Star ZXi costs just 4,11,000! Great pricing for the ZXi, but LXi pricing is a bit on the higher side.