Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 09:45   #121
Team-BHP Support

While the rest of the car looks fine to me, i totally detest the design of those headlamps.
Old 19th November 2008, 09:45   #122
Senior - BHPian

A Star should be good car If it gives 20+ kmpl in highway driving. To be very frank I feel car looks funny, i10 looks much better than this and can't compete with i10 but its just one small car like others. Maruti is launching this to create more confusion.

I still prefer Alto over A Star for Alto's proven experience.

I wish all the best to real A Star.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 19th November 2008, 09:46   #123
BHPian

The head lamps are certainly odd. Why circular? looks similar to old padmini , ambassador looks
Old 19th November 2008, 09:53   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
While the rest of the car looks fine to me, i totally detest the design of those headlamps.
You are right. Actually the dynamics are alright. But the headlamps are really weird. Looks like it is a result of some desperate "out of the box" thinking.

Even the rear. Bumper looks disproportionate. Tail lamps lack a definitive shape.

Interiors seems to be trying hard to impress the onlooker. But for me it does not.

According to me, the only things that might go right with the car are its engine and pricing. Let us see. Hardly some hours left.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:08   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
this is the complete brochure
The keys have remote buttons in them?! Wow! Even my SX4 doesn't have that. Somehow the design isn't exciting at all but lets see the car in real to form a thorough opinion.

But kudos to Maurti's marketing brains. When our media for whom the automotive sector doesn't exsist does a pre-launch feature on a car it shows how good the company is in marketing their product. Aaj Tak ran a special programme today morning at about 8 am on the launch of the A-Star. Sure it typical Aaj Tak style but it was there. Made me wonder if we will see similar marketing tactics before the Linea launch.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:13   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Again MSIL is fooling the INdian Customer, another new offereing for India where as a replacement for the Alto worldwide.
Do you own a Hyundai?

In any case, its the same for all manfacturers from the likes of Skoda (Laura and Octi), to Hyundai (with Accent and Verna, i10 and Santra), to Tata's, they keep selling the the old model and position the new model along as a new entry in the market. Why just blame MUL.

Rather when companies like Honda and Toyota (like Qualis) discontinue old models and bring newer models, most ppl complain like crybabies that why discontinue something that sells good and runs well..

So one can keep arguing on this. What we should appreciate is that manf should keep giving us new offerings, whether they keep continuing with the old ones or not, is their call.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:21   #127
BHPian

Just saw a preview of A-Star on NDTV and CNNIBN this morning.

Looks to be promising to me. lets wait for the price list to be out soon.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:47   #128
Senior - BHPian

I did not like the headlight design. They really seem to be popping out of the whole car. Something very similar to the i10. Otherwise the overall car looks good. FE is a Maruti + and this wont be any different. So do we have an Lxi and Vxi in this? Waiting to see the final pricing but Maruti looks to have another winner on its hands.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:57   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
So do we have an Lxi and Vxi in this?
We do !! Along with a Zxi. Brochure with all details on page 7
Old 19th November 2008, 11:17   #130
Senior - BHPian

Brochure looks interesting, few comments:

Liked the way front bumper scoops out at bottom in corners.
Wheel arch bulge is typical Swift like.
Front grill design is different, is it inspired from VW family look?
Hope tacho size is not too large else it can hamper visibility in tight right corners.
Persons in rear seats might feel less roomy due to less glass panel on side doors & tailgate.
Boot lip appears higher but doesn't look like it would be pain to put in luggage.
Wheelbase: retained at 2360 mm. wonder why MSIL/Suzuki chose to keep it same. Why can't we get some more wheelbase in this segment?
Tyres: 80 profile tyres, i10 has company.

Last edited by sukiwa : 19th November 2008 at 11:18.
Old 19th November 2008, 11:17   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
We do !! Along with a Zxi. Brochure with all details on page 7
It would be interesting to see the pricing of the Zxi in particular. The airbags etc come in this variant.
Old 19th November 2008, 11:32   #132
Senior - BHPian

Looks weird to me, especially from the front. Reminds me of a python spreading its jaws to devour its prey. The design of the eerie headlights and the large grill seems out of place with recent times, where narrower grills are finding favour (like in i10 or the new Ikon and Fiesta).
The i10 looks far, far better, IMO.
Old 19th November 2008, 12:00   #133
BHPian

Some Info about ASTAR in The Hindu earlier

Here you can see some info about this car ,
The hindu link
Old 19th November 2008, 12:03   #134
BHPian

If we talk about Alto replacement, I A-Star is far better compare to Alto. MUL should replace 3 cylender with 4 that will give driving pleasure which is not with Alto.
Old 19th November 2008, 12:07   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Do you own a Hyundai?

In any case, its the same for all manfacturers from the likes of Skoda (Laura and Octi), to Hyundai (with Accent and Verna, i10 and Santra), to Tata's, they keep selling the the old model and position the new model along as a new entry in the market. Why just blame MUL.

Rather when companies like Honda and Toyota (like Qualis) discontinue old models and bring newer models, most ppl complain like crybabies that why discontinue something that sells good and runs well..

So one can keep arguing on this. What we should appreciate is that manf should keep giving us new offerings, whether they keep continuing with the old ones or not, is their call.

I dont own a hyundai.

But people who start crying will keep on crying all the time, its their mentality and we cant change it can we?

Why cant India move with the rest of the world, i dont think there will be many other countries where manufacturers follow the policy like they do in India of adding replacement models for other markets in India with newer names...

Accent to Verna, Octavia to Laura, Alto to A-Star etc etc and the list goes on.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks