Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 13:08   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he said "this is a family car,par family nahin aa sakti""
Thats what I fear too i.e. at that price point there will be more spacious cars available. Lets see
Old 19th November 2008, 13:12   #152
BHPian

I think they should have priced the LXI variant a little lower, it seems a little on the higher side.
Old 19th November 2008, 13:22   #153
Senior - BHPian

Is it replacing the Alto or its going to be alongside the Alto!

Good pricing! The car in flesh & blood post the reviews will say how much it means for the word "Good Pricing"!
Old 19th November 2008, 13:52   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Official press release and prices are out
Maruti Suzuki launches A-star

Introductory Prices of A-star in DELHI are:
Lxi 346775
Zxi 411775
Vxi 374775

I think this is the first budget car with full features including safety, hence its an important release for India.
You are completely wrong. Spark will give the same safety (ABS, Airbags) for almost 50K less. That is a significant amount for this segment.
Old 19th November 2008, 13:52   #155
BHPian

any idea on engine spec ?
Old 19th November 2008, 13:59   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quality, Look, Space, luxury stuffs no way comparable to i10 and for its price A Star is totally different segment.

A Star pricing is way less than i10, so its good pricing.

People who look for economy buy A Star and people who need comfort/luxury would grab i10.

However people who own bigger cars and need simple small one for city commute I feel A Star has edge over i10 because of its pricing

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 19th November 2008, 14:02   #157
BHPian

Pricey

@romeomidhun:

The i10 1.2 Kappa 80 BHP with airbags & ABS goes for Rs. 4.9 Lacs whereas the A Star ZXi is priced at 4.12 lacs. For the premium, the i10 has a larger engine, and some featutres like a rear wiper. May I suggest that a comparison between i10 Era and A Star VXi shall be more fair? And i10 perhaps look better than A Star, at least in photos. Suddenly the Spark looks more VFM.
Old 19th November 2008, 14:09   #158
Senior - BHPian

Just saw A-Star Demo Car in white color running on Okhla Industrial Area roads near C.Lal Chowk.

By looks it looks smaller though looks muscular, looks bigger then alto but smaller then Alto. Couldn't click pics as was with someone.
Old 19th November 2008, 14:21   #159
BHPian

Pricing is high!!

I would say yes the Spark has more VFM, the A-star has its own uniqueness & a very out of the box thinking in its design.
The market is very sluggish now & these prices are on the higher side considering Maruti saying its an introductory price. Lets see what would the other competitors (viz..Fiat - Linnea & Grande Punto) do to the pricing
Old 19th November 2008, 14:22   #160
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Hey,

maruti a star is launched with price tag as follows

lxi: 346775
vxi: 374775
zxi; 411775

all ex showroom delhi

Hyundai i10 cost are as follows
irde (mettalic)
dlite: 340787
era; 376489

Kappa(mettalic)
Magna: 399985
Sports: 430481
Asta: 489291

Again maruti has surprised with costing
yeah!surprised. Now i10 seems to be more VFM, with larger engine, better features and spec.
Unless the buyer is looking only for mileage and not power.

BTW, is it fair to compare AStar with i10. Spec wise i10 seems to be positioned bit higher. After all astar is an alto. We never compare alto with other 1.1litre engine cars, let alone 1.2 litre engines.
Old 19th November 2008, 14:33   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
y After all astar is an alto. We never compare alto with other 1.1litre engine cars, let alone 1.2 litre engines.
huh!?
A-Star is badged as Alto for export, doesn't mean its comparable to Indian Alto. This is clearly a segment above Indian Alto, considering the size, engine specs, and equipment. The Indian Laura is internationally Octavia. Does that mean its overpriced just because "after all its an Octavia" ?

However i do feel its a bit overpriced. But then if Maruti had positioned it below WagonR and Estilo, no one would buy those two ever! And what more Estilo offers compared to A-Star ? Whereas the WagonR does offer more room, is more practical owing to tall boy design, and has a proven engine, so it will still survive.

WagonR--Estilo--A-Star So much choices (or confusion) for the B Segment Maruti buyer. I guess Estilo would be the biggest casualty.

Last edited by DCEite : 19th November 2008 at 14:35.
Old 19th November 2008, 14:36   #162
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Again MSIL is fooling the INdian Customer, another new offereing for India where as a replacement for the Alto worldwide.
I cant say u are wrong. But it is long time we blame the manufacturers.
Lets give them a break , lets blame the customers who buy these outdated junk. As long as they buy it, the manufacturers will keep making it. I think it is also easier to beat up a customer for buying an 800 or octavia, than to do it to the management team of manufacturers. Seriously, i wonder why people buy these when they know it is outdated.

On a serious note, the reason why the manufacturers do it is there is very little competition. Look at maruti. They have only serous comprtition from 2 other manufacturers for small cars in India.
Old 19th November 2008, 14:37   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The prices are on higher side & do notice that These are introductory prices.

These prices are very close to those of Wagon R.

Anyways we also need to see how spacious the A star is.

I am sure it will pickup well but what needs to be seen is how it performs 6 months down the line.

They have priced it in the same bracket of Wagon R. It seems more like an alternative to the Wagon R. I think ZXI is over priced as for the same onroad you will get a Swift Lxi !
Old 19th November 2008, 14:38   #164
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
@romeomidhun:

The i10 1.2 Kappa 80 BHP with airbags & ABS goes for Rs. 4.9 Lacs whereas the A Star ZXi is priced at 4.12 lacs. For the premium, the i10 has a larger engine, and some featutres like a rear wiper. May I suggest that a comparison between i10 Era and A Star VXi shall be more fair? And i10 perhaps look better than A Star, at least in photos. Suddenly the Spark looks more VFM.
You are right that i10 has a bigger engine. But lookwise, the sharp-looking A-Star is far better than the gloomy i10, though looks are subjective.
Old 19th November 2008, 14:52   #165
BHPian

Marketing Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
They have priced it in the same bracket of Wagon R. It seems more like an alternative to the Wagon R. I think ZXI is over priced as for the same onroad you will get a Swift Lxi !
Lets say a customer walks inside a Maruti Showrrom, first thing
1) He / She would notice is see a lot of cars (800, Alto, Estillo, WagaonR, A-Star, Swift) in A, A+, & B segments
2) Has too many options to pick & choose
3) Has too many colours to choose from
4) Has a lot of specifications / features to choose from

So eventually the customer would settle down for something Maruti, instead of knocking the doors of Hyundai, Chevy or Fiat

He/She kind of forgets that there are other manufacturers in India, so I feel Maruti has to be given credit to this & their strategy..Way to go

Just my 2 cents
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks