Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 11:49   #1561
Distinguished - BHPian

The price increase has been reported in the news paper. 37 paise increase. IOC has already done that and the others are following suit on Tuesday.

After the de-regularization, the fuel price has silently gone up close to 2 rupees in a couple of months, a nice way to increase the prices with little increases. Something like slow poison.

Bangalore sucks big time when it comes to fuel costs.
Old 9th November 2010, 11:56   #1562
Senior - BHPian

What I knew beforehand is that the term 'decontrol' actually means 'increase prices without fuss' but didn't know that it would get so addictive for these companies.

I don't think these petroleum companies and govt cartel (well it is) would do this so blatantly. Next time i see reports in the newspaper of imminent budget deficit, they will slowly increase petrol prices again by 2 rs. This really stinks.

Such is the govt that one can't take anything at face value. Whatever they say seems to have some dubious double-meaning without which they can't even get moving it seems.

It would be a wise idea to switch to diesel en masse and let the govt face the music for a change.

Last edited by lurker : 9th November 2010 at 11:57.
Old 9th November 2010, 12:06   #1563
Senior - BHPian

The recent Petrol hike is a huge parameter that crops up as a problem area in company budgets. Now I think I would have been better off even with a low mileage diesel rather than a low mileage petrol.

If both the fuels would have changed this made sense, but stay over subsidy on diesel has solved really complex calculations in favor of diesel anyday.

Tankful daytime trip from Gurgaon to Delhi with 100% AC on even in November results in massive approx Rs 1400 saving over 450 kms approx Rs 3/km while diesel gives me avg. of 13 and petrol car avg. of 10. It does not bother me too much as my running is low but people doing Delhi Gurgaon everyday should seriously think of going Diesel.

If they increase the petrol price atleast they should give us proper quality fuel and service.
Old 9th November 2010, 12:20   #1564
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore the latest Diesel price is 42.34/-. Just 5 days back it was 42.30/- and another 10 days back it was 42.28/-.
Old 9th November 2010, 14:17   #1565
BHPian

petrol prices soaring

hey all, do anybody keep checking the petrol prices now-a-days. almost every 15days there is a increase of 20-40 paisa. this minute change nobody checks, so there is no big issue out of it. but now after the Govt. has removed the subsidy the oil companies are minting more profits i doubt. in about 3 months time the prices have gone up by almost 2 Rs.
what do you all have to say on this? In Mumbai it is Rs. 57.34 per litre for petrol.
Old 9th November 2010, 14:53   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Thats true. The minor increases goes unnoticed after the government decontrolled petrol prices, but over a period of time, the hike will be substantial.

As a lay man, whom to complain? What steps an individual can take ? (Other than as a sincere citizen who votes in all elections)

I don't know, but at a minimum, i can shed my grievance in forums like this...

-Ravi
Old 9th November 2010, 15:09   #1567
Senior - BHPian

FOlks a thread already exists on this topic "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/50137-fuel-price-thread-update-petrol-freed-all-pricing-controls-pg-69-a.html"

But yes it certainly is a cause of concern!!!
Old 9th November 2010, 15:12   #1568
Senior - BHPian

Yaar,

You talk of petrol - the basic potatoes, onions have doubled in the last 1.5 odd years. We stay in interesting times - everything is going up - house prices, sensex, salaries (slower than all, but more than USA), petrol, essentials, gold. Such is life.

Do you protest all of that?

We're the middle children of history - we'll see the chaos emerging from the oil rundown. Its like gold - soaring demand, but declining production. ergo, doubled in two years. Why will petrol be any cheaper?

Only solution - cycle
Old 9th November 2010, 15:42   #1569
Team-BHP Support

Fuel prices all set to increase by 36 paise in Bangalore as announced in TOI today..
Old 14th December 2010, 23:23   #1570
BHPian

Re: Official tracker of Price hike's & cut's in petrol & diesel in India

Petrol up by Rs. 2.96!

No word on diesel yet, makes me think twice now about continuing to drive a Petrol car
Old 14th December 2010, 23:38   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Filled IOC Normal @59.66 few hours back - saving of Rs 120
Old 15th December 2010, 08:07   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingme View Post
Highest prices are not because of Oil companies...but because of heavy taxes and levis Govt put on it...Oil is only cash cow Indian Govt has...

PS: price in europe are around 1.2 euros/lit for petrol that comes out to be around 60 rupees a lit so we are still cheaper I think
I am quoting this message which was posted early 2005 here in this thread.

And after 5 years, the petrol price in Euro is still "almost" same. Its in the range of 1.4 euro. Imagine in India. Went up more than 20%

We pay for the bad governance of our government.
Old 15th December 2010, 09:18   #1573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
And after 5 years, the petrol price in Euro is still "almost" same. Its in the range of 1.4 euro. Imagine in India. Went up more than 20%
Diesel prices also going up by at least 2.50 (Appx) in Bangalore sometimes this week. Petrol prices are unbearable now.

More than 60 Rs a Litre is too much compared to Indian average Income. 1.4 Euro per litre is justified in terms of European average income.

Good that just now I sold my 800 Petrol car for a very good price.
Old 15th December 2010, 09:22   #1574
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

bad show for petrol driven car owners - 60-62 per litre is rough on them.
Diesel going to 44-45 from next week will also make us suffer quite a bit.

Uniform Taxes, Levies and Excise across India is the only answer.
One country One price - when will our miserable powers that be ever listen to the common man?
Old 15th December 2010, 10:18   #1575
BHPian

Part of the justification for price increase is the US Dollar value with has been down, and the Japanese Yen, which has been more or less the same (the past two-three months). Methinks the money is going into some politicians' and babus' personal bank accounts.

The government should show us how the prices have been arrived at. This black-box method looks very arbitrary.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks