Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:19   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fuel Price Thread

BB, I dont think we will have to wait too long for that day.

As for 'choking on excess stocks'. I seriously dont think anything is going to come off it.

Many of us are going to fill in extra fuel a few days before anyway, to prepare for this great day.
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:24   #1712
BANNED

All the IndianOil Petrol bunks around Bangalore has shut shop since yesterday.

When enquired, he gave me fuel for Rs.500/- and said, no IOCL bunks will be open for some more days

The other Bunk where i went said. NO FUEL STOCK at IOCL so no news about Fuel for another couple of days.

I really dont understand where's the truth.
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:51   #1713
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
All the IndianOil Petrol bunks around Bangalore has shut shop since yesterday.

When enquired, he gave me fuel for Rs.500/- and said, no IOCL bunks will be open for some more days

The other Bunk where i went said. NO FUEL STOCK at IOCL so no news about Fuel for another couple of days.

I really dont understand where's the truth.

It is in the news today. Some altercation between the tanker crew and IOC officials at Devanagondi plant (which apparently is the only source for IOC pumps in Bangalore).
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:54   #1714
Senior - BHPian

Just read in Paper about TN govt, planing to reduce the tax for Petrol & Diesel. And what's surprising was it says after MH, TN is has 2nd highest taxes on these items.

Was still today thinking it was Karnataka.

All election tactics. Anyway, when is election for KA
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:33   #1715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Just read in Paper about TN govt, planing to reduce the tax for Petrol & Diesel. And what's surprising was it says after MH, TN is has 2nd highest taxes on these items.

Was still today thinking it was Karnataka.

All election tactics. Anyway, when is election for KA
Then how come petrol is costlier than these two states in KA?
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:37   #1716
BHPian

^^

I guess that it is due to the 5% entry tax levied by the KA govt
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:06   #1717
Senior - BHPian

This might be slightly OT.

I know that fuel at Shell pumps is slightly expensive then say, at HP, BP or even Indian Oil. Since they are privately operated and all.

Yesterday, while coming to ofice, my car needed fuel. On the way to Hinjewadi, there are two pumps, one is an HP and the other is Shell.

When i pulled into Shell pump to top it up (which i always do), the attendant informed me that the price per litre for diesel is 51.xx !!!! Now normally diesel is priced at 41.xx at any other pump. Then why the steep rise. I can understand a few bucks here and there. But a difference of Rs.10 per litre! Thats stealing in my books.

MODS: If this does not belong here, i apologise. please move it to the appropriate thread.
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:19   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
When i pulled into Shell pump to top it up (which i always do), the attendant informed me that the price per litre for diesel is 51.xx !!!! Now normally diesel is priced at 41.xx at any other pump. Then why the steep rise. I can understand a few bucks here and there. But a difference of Rs.10 per litre! Thats stealing in my books.
I think the reason could be that while Petrol prices have been freed up, diesel prices are still being controlled by the government. So what Shell is charging, is actually closer to the market price of diesel. Shell cannot offer diesel at the same price as IOC or HP, as they don't have the government subsidizing their price.
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:55   #1719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I think the reason could be that while Petrol prices have been freed up, diesel prices are still being controlled by the government. So what Shell is charging, is actually closer to the market price of diesel. Shell cannot offer diesel at the same price as IOC or HP, as they don't have the government subsidizing their price.

So basically, does this mean that market price for diesel is around 51.xx per liter? If so, then wow, god bless the govt. for those regulations.
Old 23rd February 2011, 19:07   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
So what Shell is charging, is actually closer to the market price of diesel. Shell cannot offer diesel at the same price as IOC or HP, as they don't have the government subsidizing their price.
Petrol & diesel cost the same from the refinery. Then why there is difference in Shell petrol & diesel prices? Is Shell getting any subsidy from Govt for diesel? Or is Shell charging extra for petrol?
Old 23rd February 2011, 20:11   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Petrol & diesel cost the same from the refinery. Then why there is difference in Shell petrol & diesel prices? Is Shell getting any subsidy from Govt for diesel? Or is Shell charging extra for petrol?
The reason could be the difference in taxes that the government charges on Petrol and Diesel. Petrol is taxed more than Diesel, which leads to this cost disparity.
Old 1st March 2011, 11:28   #1722
Senior - BHPian

Get ready for the drive

Union Budget 2011: OMCs may raise petrol prices by up to Rs 4 a litre this week - The Economic Times

Quote:
State-run oil firms propose to raise petrol prices by up to Rs 4 a litre this week to offset rising crude oil costs as the Budget has ignored their demand to cut duties on the fuel.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:05   #1723
Senior - BHPian

Shell prices would be close to 70-73 and this is just insane. I have to make use of this price hike to drive more miles in my Diesel cars

Now the next thing common man has to get ready for includes the (unruly)chennai auto wallas and preparing oneself for buying vegetables.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:15   #1724
Senior - BHPian

Now we will get closer to 100!!! i dont understand the reason for not reducing the "duties"!!! maybe the govenrment wants to create a "Guinness World Records" in shooting the inflation up! or making a common mans life miserable!
Old 1st March 2011, 12:22   #1725
BHPian

Found an interesting detail in the NDTV article related to fuel prices today :

Quote:
In his budget, Mr Mukherjee has left the customs duty on crude oil unchanged at 5 per cent. The duty on petrol and diesel remains 7.5 per cent. Excise duty on petrol will remain at Rs 14.35 a litre and diesel at Rs 4.60 per litre.
Inspite of the rising prices, the government hasn't reduced the excise duty. 14.35 Rs / litre is just excise duty .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks