Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2012, 19:48   #2461
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

What happens when petrol price rises!

First Reaction - Mind block -> rush to nearest petrol pump -> waste petrol while idling the car waiting at the queue -> Curse Government -> opposition do rallies etc -> mindless facebook status updates and hate messages for Government.

Second Reaction - Jaw Drop -> monthly fuel bills making a hole in owner's heart -> decides to use public transport/metro and save money -> Give suggestions to friends/family to use public transport -> Receive suggestions from them to get the car CNGfied.

Third Reaction - Full Shock -> while using the public transport or the lack of it -> the owner thinks he will get killed while traveling in crazy Delhi metro/equivalent public transport.

Fourth Reaction - Eye Pop -> re works the budget and starts driving the car as usual -> petrol starts looking affordable again. Some get the car CNGfied.

Fifth Reaction - Tick Tock, time goes by, Prices are again increased and same reaction cycle starts.

We hardly can do anything about this price hike except for pressing the correct button on the voting machine (if there is any) in 2014 common elections.
bluevolt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 20:02   #2462
SLK
Senior - BHPian

People on the sun-film ban thread tell me, that in this democracy we can't talk openly to criticize SC decisions, I just hope members don't get offended with my comments on our over qualified learned Dr. PM!

A statement comes yesterday from the PM that: "Difficult decisions have to be taken on both spending and revenue mobilisation".

And what you see today is an example of that, the intention of the government is to milk money, from whoever has it and that's what they will do with whatever means...

India just needs to pull-up its socks in terms of poor policies (like the current budget!), and hard crackdown on corrupt govt. officials, the rest will be taken care by the private sector. Both these are easy to do at PM level! but PM can't see through his Phd degrees, as this was not in his course.

Last edited by SLK : 23rd May 2012 at 20:13. Reason: SP error...
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 21:10   #2463
Senior - BHPian

What is the petrol price in Goa after the revision?
Old 23rd May 2012, 21:42   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
What is the petrol price in Goa after the revision?
I think it will be 63, now.
Old 23rd May 2012, 21:53   #2465
Senior - BHPian

On some NEWS channel I read that Diesel prices tobe raised by 14 Rs tomorrow or this week.
Old 23rd May 2012, 21:55   #2466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised
On some NEWS channel I read that Diesel prices tobe raised by 14 Rs tomorrow or this week.
They wouldn't dare do that. Such bad optics.
Old 23rd May 2012, 22:05   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Doing that will be like the govt shooting their own foot with a machine gun!
It will cause a complete economic meltdown for sure.
Old 23rd May 2012, 22:19   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
I seriously doubt this. What I came to know is this is the amount of loss the oil companies are making after selling ot each liter of diesel. Raising 14 rupees on diesel would have Tsunami effect on the economy.
Old 23rd May 2012, 22:49   #2469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wish they do it. Atleast, it will lead to the fall of this so called govt!

But I seriously doubt that anything will change after this petrol hike. Except the amount of money going out of our pocket.

If the dollar is going to be back to 50rs, will we go back to -8rs??? NO.
mjothi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 23:12   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
People on the sun-film ban thread tell me, that in this democracy we can't talk openly to criticize SC decisions
In any democracy, Judiciary is apart from opinions, as the system is supposed to be neutral. One who has a difference in opinion can approach the system to have the opinion heard (PILs! ).
Not following the court directives would lead to contempt of court and is a serious offense.
PM / any other office is not held so high (as they don't have to be neutral), and any one has right to comment against as a fundamental right (freedom of speech).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
Raising 14 rupees on diesel would have Tsunami effect on the economy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Doing that will be like the govt shooting their own foot with a machine gun!
It will cause a complete economic meltdown for sure.
+1 to that. It would be a catastrope. I would assume INR would become a junk currency in no time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Why cant states come into action and reduce VAT/Octroi/taxes to benefit the common man...
Even Center has not done it. Greedy Govts are going to kill the goose in search of the golden eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
+1 on the bike situation. Just imagine an owner of a gearless scooter (which many of us are) now shells out Rs.2/ km given a avg mileage of 40 kmpl and average fuel cost of Rs.80 (guessing it to be in Blr).
I don't quite understand this though. When petrol was less then 60 (couple of years ago), two wheelers were sold on Mileage as USP for decades. Now, I see two wheelers are sold on comfort, style, performance (and perhaps last as mileage). Not so long ago, 60 kmpl was decent, now it is 40-45 kmpl. So, is the aam aadmi bothered about the petrol price anyways?!
babu.sundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 01:26   #2471
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
In any democracy, Judiciary is apart from opinions, as the system is supposed to be neutral. One who has a difference in opinion can approach the system to have the opinion heard (PILs! ).
Not following the court directives would lead to contempt of court and is a serious offense.
PM / any other office is not held so high (as they don't have to be neutral), and any one has right to comment against as a fundamental right (freedom of speech).
Who said not following the directives? just criticizing/questioning a judgment (a decided case) based on fact/figures/analysis is completely allowed.
Old 24th May 2012, 06:47   #2472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I wish they do it. Atleast, it will lead to the fall of this so called govt!

But I seriously doubt that anything will change after this petrol hike. Except the amount of money going out of our pocket.

If the dollar is going to be back to 50rs, will we go back to -8rs??? NO.
The fuel price hike due to Dollar rise is a fake excuse given by the government. As per recently published news:

"The per barrel cost of crude was 114$ on 15th May 2011, and at that time a dollar equaled to 46 Rs. So, for one barrel we used to pay 5244 INR. But in today's scenario the crude is at 91$ per barrel and a dollar now equals to 56 INR, so one barrel in today's scenario costs only 5096 INR, which means that the companies are buying crude oil 148 Rs cheaper."

The truth is when the crude oil was 114$ per barrel then too the oil companies were showing losses and now when it stands at 91$ per barrel (148 Rs cheaper actually they are buying) then too the oil companies are showing losses.

Last edited by mercedised : 24th May 2012 at 06:50.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 08:17   #2473
BHPian

Quote:
The truth is when the crude oil was 114$ per barrel then too the oil companies were showing losses and now when it stands at 91$ per barrel (148 Rs cheaper actually they are buying) then too the oil companies are showing losses.
Although the Singapore Brent crude price has dropped to $91, the mix of imports that India has, hasn't dropped so low! So, we import the most "premium" quality, then go on to degrade the quality and sell it to the unsuspecting janta at even higher prices! There is absolutely no long term Indian strategy on acquiring such crucial resources!

But yes, they were "kind enough" to rollback the import taxes on gold! Was "that" so unimportant to the state coffers?
adroit_91 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 08:19   #2474
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
What happens when petrol price rises!

We hardly can do anything about this price hike except for pressing the correct button on the voting machine (if there is any) in 2014 common elections.
I am certainly going to make good use of my voting rights in 2014 common elections. This govt. needs to be taught a lesson.
Old 24th May 2012, 08:29   #2475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I am certainly going to make good use of my voting rights in 2014 common elections. This govt. needs to be taught a lesson.
this is OT, but do you think any other govt would have not increased the prices? They are all the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks