Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:18   #2641
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

The presidential elections are over and the petrol price is hiked by 70 paise effecting from tonight.
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:54   #2642
Senior - BHPian

God not again!!

we need to wai till 2014 for some considerable decrease in the pricing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
The presidential elections are over and the petrol price is hiked by 70 paise effecting from tonight.
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:59   #2643
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I will gladly pay Rs 55 for Diesel if they would bring the Petrol pricing in line too.

Let the blasted state governments especially the idiot government of Karnataka reduce the taxes it levies on us.

Considering they give us absolutely nothing in return.

In particular since the great political flobbits here are publicly exhibiting their rank idiocy by considering spending Rs 17 Cr. on Rain God appeasement through Mumbo Jumbo and Pujas instead of making rain water harvesting across the state mandatory and conserving resources better!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 23rd July 2012 at 20:00.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 22:48   #2644
BHPian

So much for being able to infer 2 + 2 = 4 :-(

How do I correlate the decision of an independent body, increasing the petrol price and India getting a new president?

Which direction are we headed?
Old 24th July 2012, 01:41   #2645
BHPian

Hi everybody
Here is a link to 23rd July DNA pointing out how the state governments are laughing all the way to the bank.
In a first, states top in petro duty mop-up

This article also continues onto page 13.Please do read it.
Regards
Old 24th July 2012, 01:53   #2646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I will gladly pay Rs 55 for Diesel if they would bring the Petrol pricing in line too.

Let the blasted state governments especially the idiot government of Karnataka reduce the taxes it levies on us.

In particular since the great political flobbits here are publicly exhibiting their rank idiocy by considering spending Rs 17 Cr. on Rain God appeasement through Mumbo Jumbo and Pujas instead of making rain water harvesting across the state mandatory and conserving resources better!
Idiots who? Them or us? What seems to be idiocy may not be. More likely the mumbo jumbo and pooja is just an eyewash for the public to siphon off money indirectly from the treasury and make it look legit.
Old 24th July 2012, 02:09   #2647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
Are you sure about the rise ? Do you have any idea about chennai and other cities ? These 3 PSUs should have reduced the price from the 70/litre and not increase it by Rs.7 and then reduce Rs.5 from that. They would have foreseen it for sure. Instead of a Price of Rs.65/litre for petrol, we are paying Rs.72/ litre

Last edited by aah78 : 24th July 2012 at 03:24. Reason: Quote referenced.
revv_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 02:33   #2648
BHPian

well, I am happy this is a Rs 0.70 hike & not a Rs 7 hike.

It's time the state govts played their part in reducing the burden in line with what Goa & Delhi did.
Old 24th July 2012, 08:03   #2649
Senior - BHPian

Its an 88 paise hike in the petrol price in Mumbai, now the price is 74.23, will be atleast 76+ in Thane.

Although the hike seems to be too small to be concerned (after those massive 7/- hike) but the timing is definitely not correct. Does the govt now need an political event to hike/reduce the fuel prices. I thought the petrol prices were linked to Intl markets rather than the political scenarios in the country.
Old 24th July 2012, 09:28   #2650
BANNED

Rise is fine, not totally unexpected. The timing is highly suspect. The price revisions were to be announced every fortnight on the 15th and 30th. I do not think yesterday was either.

So much for free pricing, it was obviously synched with the Presidential poll. I see a heavy, dirty hand of the govt in the timing.

Usual asinine noises by TMC and BJP. Also, (looked like canned or coached) comments by vehicle owners on the Box.

I am getting sick of this charade.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 09:38   #2651
Senior - BHPian

Another curious thing is that for increasing prices they have no fixed dates, but for any reduction in petrol prices they have always wait for the 'fortnightly review' on 15th and 30th. And any dollar value revision by then can always dilute or negate any reduction.

But I say, give these guys anything and they will make it a joke sooner than later. It goes with the nature of the beast.
Old 24th July 2012, 10:05   #2652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
The timing is highly suspect. The price revisions were to be announced every fortnight on the 15th and 30th. I do not think yesterday was either.
They stopped changing prices on the start or mid of month since this was leading to petrol-pumps manipulating the situation.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 10:28   #2653
Senior - BHPian

Government should stop shedding crocodile tears and reduce the "taxes" on the petrol, if they really are concerned.

also check on how their spendings, if they are concerned about the "losses"

and please no diesel hikes, i dare to think what wil be the repercussion cascading on every single commodity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Old 24th July 2012, 12:47   #2654
Senior - BHPian

I have been hearing that Shell is yet to increase the fuel price so the Shell is still selling petrol at 76.10 where as the PSU were 0.50rs costlier and now another .90rs = 1.4 rs costlier than shell

I am not saying that PSU are not supposed to make profits, but common sense tells me that Shell is a private player and would love to keep their profits clean.

So if shell petrol is at 76.10, going by the past record, our PSU should have been somewhere around 75-75.5 instead they are 1.5rs more !!!
Old 24th July 2012, 14:27   #2655
BHPian

just now news flashed, there will be proposal today for diesel and lpg hike....so get ready guys

Last edited by kdeepakk : 24th July 2012 at 14:28.
kdeepakk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks