Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2012, 09:21   #2806
BANNED

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Should not be a problem if one keeps the receipts and also ensure entry into the Consumer book for records.
This may not help much. The bulk of the diversion is through a fake invoice, so the supply will appear in the Consumer book, except you will not be the recipient.
Old 14th September 2012, 09:34   #2807
Senior - BHPian

So in Bangalore the price at HP pumps is 49 approximately. I always wondered how BPCL rates are more and HP is less by few paise. Anyways I think its high time for State Govts to reduce taxes on this precious commodity to reduce the burden on the consumer. But that's just wishful thinking.

Anyhow, the bottom line is drag races at traffic signals will be less as hopefully folks will try to extract as much mileage as they can from every drop of this liquid gold.
Old 14th September 2012, 09:44   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Also, LPG reduction in cheap cylinders should hopefully cut the diversion to other sector and improve availability and delivery times. We barely consume six a year, so it does not affect me directly. Only now I see arguments between the customer and the dealer - you have used up your quota, no I have not!
OT please.
What will be the impact on piped natural gas supplied to residents by Mahanagar Gas Ltd ?
Old 15th September 2012, 02:56   #2809
BHPian

Hi everybody.
As this is related to our fuel prices I am posting the news here.
Moderators:If it is inappropraite please post it the proper thread.
Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Today's(14/9)Times of India has the following news:
Soon cars to run on human waste.
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML

No carbon emissions,no global warming,no depletion of resources,eternally renewable source etc
Regrds
Old 15th September 2012, 04:05   #2810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
OT please.
What will be the impact on piped natural gas supplied to residents by Mahanagar Gas Ltd ?
AFAIK it will continue as usual. Gas cylinders were subsidized. Piped gas was at the regular unsubsidised cost so ideally should not be affected
hrman is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 22:48   #2811
BHPian

Premium diesel rates raised by whopping Rs.19.55 per litre.

Quote:
The government, on Thursday, had raised diesel price by Rs 5.63 per litre and allowed the oil companies to price premium or branded petrol and diesel at market prices.

Subsequently, the premium or branded petrol in Delhi is being sold at Rs 77.58 per litre from today as against Rs 71.22 previously.

Similarly, premium or branded diesel is being sold at Rs 65.81 per litre as against Rs 46.26 previously, industry sources said.
Link:http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16413087.cms
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 23:34   #2812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post

Link:http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16413087.cms
I was just about to post the same. In what comes as a shocking news, even premium petrol to be increased by 6.xx rupees. If petrol is currently being sold at market price after the excise duty cut, why is there a need to increase its premium cousin's price by 6.xx ?
Old 16th September 2012, 00:20   #2813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
I wonder if there will be any takers for branded fuel now or this segment will completely cease to exist in short time?
Old 16th September 2012, 00:39   #2814
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand why they are labeling these premium fuel as Branded? Are the normal Petrol and Diesel that we use is Unbranded?
Old 16th September 2012, 00:47   #2815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I was just about to post the same. In what comes as a shocking news, even premium petrol to be increased by 6.xx rupees. If petrol is currently being sold at market price after the excise duty cut, why is there a need to increase its premium cousin's price by 6.xx ?
Hellmet
Until Maruti came on the scene petrol was available in 87 and 93 octanes.The price difference was just a few paise per litre.
After Maruti srtormed the Indian car market 87 was changed to 90 octane.Even after that the price difference was just a few paise.
One fine finance minister change the pricing structure of 93 on and made it very expensive.(At that point I stopped using it for my Fiat).His logic was that it was used for the affluent class for their fancy cars.
The reasoning continues and hence the disparity.
Regrads
Old 16th September 2012, 10:37   #2816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I don't understand why they are labeling these premium fuel as Branded? Are the normal Petrol and Diesel that we use is Unbranded?
I believe the branded fuel are the category which includes the additives and possibly higher cetane numbers. They are being sold under the brand Speed, XtraPremium or Power. I think the base diesel price at all fuel pumps will remain the same. I am yet to visit a filling station to confirm this news.

If this is indeed true, the luxury and high performance diesel vehicles where premium diesel is the recommended fuel will be the most affected. But anyways if they can afford a premium vehicle, they can also afford the premium fuel for it.
Old 16th September 2012, 11:30   #2817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmania
I believe the branded fuel are the category which includes the additives ..... being sold under the brand Speed, XtraPremium or Power. I think the base diesel price at all fuel pumps will remain the same.

If this is indeed true, the luxury and high performance diesel vehicles where premium diesel is the recommended fuel will be the most affected
That is correct. But most premium manufacturers such as BMW, VW group et al actually recommend ordinary diesel and petrol without additives, small this will do is lead to the death of these products.

Last edited by Hayek : 16th September 2012 at 11:31.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 12:10   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
That is correct. But most premium manufacturers such as BMW, VW group et al actually recommend ordinary diesel and petrol without additives, small this will do is lead to the death of these products.
Recent Development: BMW has a petrol additive available at its shops. 1 bottle for a tank full. States it has Octane boosting properties as well as helps improve the detergent properties of Engine Oil.

Recommended for users of petrol fuelled cars from non metros/up country drivers or wherever the quality is doubtful.
Old 16th September 2012, 14:04   #2819
BHPian

I personally don't have any problems paying 5rs extra for the fuel. However, I'm worried about how this translates to. All the commodities, etc are bound to raise. Not a good time.

Ridiculous price rise for the premium fuel!!

Eagerly waiting for the upa to get off the power.

Last edited by punto_ : 16th September 2012 at 14:08.
Old 16th September 2012, 14:16   #2820
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Honda also recommends normal petrol. Now what we understand is that the additives are put in at the distribution level, so let them die. I will suggest use System D or G once in a while. I stopped Premium once we with BS-III and IV. Earlier with BSII you would not get 91RON in these towns.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks