Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 10:46   #3076
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Really feel for Honda. Diesel variant of Amaze has got a good review, but with the increase in diesel prices, their sales might just be taking a hit.
Old 28th May 2013, 11:10   #3077
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsnavy View Post
Really feel for Honda. Diesel variant of Amaze has got a good review, but with the increase in diesel prices, their sales might just be taking a hit.
Yes and no. Barring Goa the taxation differential will stay, and so will the market. So Honda may still be on to a winner. Expect the same motor in a VGT trim on the New City, whenever it comes.
Old 28th May 2013, 12:16   #3078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsnavy View Post
Hello Ramsnavy,

Honda Amaze diesel is definitely a great vehicle & recent increase in diesel prices will not impact much because the price gap between petrol & diesel prices is still approx Rs. 15 in most Indian cities.

Also since the last fuel price revision (increase in Diesel price & decrease in Petrol prices) though the Crude prices have been more or less stable, Rupee has fallen against US Dollar & it now stands around Rs. 55.75 against 1 USD. Further according to Societe Generale USD / Rupee exchange rate may fall to 57 - 58 in medium term - (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/20306572.cms).

Thus given the current scenario, I am expecting a Petrol price hike probably on 1st June or 15th June 2013. If this hike actually happens, then Price gap between Petrol & Diesel will further widen leading to rise in demand for Diesel cars.

Thanks,
Old 28th May 2013, 13:18   #3079
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
What is the current buying / booking scenario for Goa?
I don't have the Numbers but as far as I know, Hondas are way more popular in Goa than anywhere else. So it clearly helps the petrol sedans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
May be true because SUV running cost was similar to a premium petrol hatch until diesel prices increased. But those who look at Butch SUV are unlikely to transition into tiny Hatchbacks.
Kindly read my previous post again, I am not talking about budget hatchbacks, I am talking only about the Sedans vs SUV debate. It is a very relevant comparison, since most of the SUV owners don't actually use their mud plugging abilities (many newer ones have none )
Old 30th May 2013, 00:57   #3080
Senior - BHPian

The honeymoon is over. 1 Rupee increase in petrol price post 3rd June
Old 30th May 2013, 03:02   #3081
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
its anyways up from 69 to 71 btw.
Old 30th May 2013, 09:43   #3082
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Only expected with the oil prices headed north and the rupee south.
Old 30th May 2013, 10:03   #3083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
But yesterday evening I filled here in Delhi with old price - 63.09
Old 30th May 2013, 10:56   #3084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
I dont think prices have increased yet. But with Rupee tanking against dollar. It will be soon since the month is also ending.
Old 30th May 2013, 11:22   #3085
BANNED

June 1 is expected to be the D-day.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 11:45   #3086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
June 1 is expected to be the D-day.
I am refilling today evening. Every rupee counts for Petrol.

My next car is going to drink diesel. In last week or two, i was begining to have second thoughts due to downward petrol and climbing diesel price but Then there is reality. In India the politicians will never let this happen.

There will be elections next year and sooner or later there will be a pause on diesel price hike. Then the gap will again bound to increase.
Old 30th May 2013, 11:55   #3087
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
There will be elections next year and sooner or later there will be a pause on diesel price hike. Then the gap will again bound to increase.
I doubt it. The so called subsidies have to go. Only id wwe switch from Trade Parity to Export Parity the under recoveries will be lower, but the differential may not be affected.

Heard from a source that the rupee is headed for Rs.68-70 (slowly for now) which may happen a fortnight before the elections when RBI will stop propping it up.

Last edited by sgiitk : 30th May 2013 at 11:56.
Old 30th May 2013, 12:03   #3088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I doubt it. The so called subsidies have to go. Only id wwe switch from Trade Parity to Export Parity the under recoveries will be lower, but the differential may not be affected.

Heard from a source that the rupee is headed for Rs.68-70 (slowly for now) which may happen a fortnight before the elections when RBI will stop propping it up.
That would be really sad. With Diesel deregulation, i was under the impression that Rupee will be further strengthened. But demand seems to be just shooting up irrespective of high prices. Interestingly Inflation is under control when diesel prices are higher now as compared to when diesel was priced low.

Ideally the differential should not be there, in fact negative for petrol vs diesel but what we have is artificial differential(due to taxes) and do you think one day diesel will also have taxation to take it on par with petrol ?
Old 30th May 2013, 13:25   #3089
BANNED

yes it went up. it was 69 in bombay and its now 71. i know this because in my slip book i fill in full entry details. the price went silently up by almost 2 bucks. if there is another bump on june 1 then i dont know. bombay people can update on the 69 to 71 bump i guess
Old 30th May 2013, 13:58   #3090
BHPian

Quote:
68-70 is too far fetched. Imported articles sales and associated industries would be ruined.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks