Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 20:28   #3466
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I've seriously had enough with the PSUs making "losses" logic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
I got 1000 refunded in my bank account, so i'm not sure how this subsidy refund works. Any pointers will be appreciated.
If I am not wrong, the subsidy system works like this. Whenever we book a cylinder, approximately Rs.435 getting deposited in the bank. One can withdraw the money and utilize to pay during the delivery of the cylinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
just to clear my doubts ..i dont have aadhar card till now.
I think Aadhar card is compulsory to get the subsidy. There 289 districts where Government has implemented the direct transfer scheme. If your distributor is from any of these districts, you may have to pay the non-subsidized amount. Here is the list of districts now covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@MaxTorque, I am also curious to know more about this expensive cylinder that you just purchased.
BTW: Shouldn't there be another thread to discuss LPG cylinders?
There is a small correction. The amount which we paid yesterday is Rs.1278. Yesterday I received an SMS saying that Rs.435 has been credited in my account. Today evening I received an SMS saying that Rs.811 has been credited to my account. But the second amount is not reflecting in my bank account as of now. That means effectively I have paid on Rs.467 for one cylinder refilling.

Sorry for a lengthy and off topic reply.
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:00   #3467
BANNED

@MaxTorque; Typical governmental fracas. As for Aadhar I think the SCI had ruled that it cannot be made the only document, since no such law has been passed. There was a corrective legislation in the pipeline, where it remains, as it could not be passed in the winter session. Also, I saw a massive news item in the local noise pushing the NPR. I remember hearing some statements that one will lead to the other automatically. Totally confusing!
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:29   #3468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post

I think Aadhar card is compulsory to get the subsidy. There 289 districts where Government has implemented the direct transfer scheme. If your distributor is from any of these districts, you may have to pay the non-subsidized amount. Here is the list of districts now covered.
In the list Pune comes under 1/11/13 (which means 1 Nov 2013).
I haven't seen any direct transfer scheme in place till date (except yours which is for Jan 2014).

Last edited by alpha1 : 3rd January 2014 at 14:30.
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:48   #3469
BHPian

I'm based in Pune and I have got two cylinder subsidies so far. The subsidy amount that is credited to my account is around Rs. 550 and I have to pay approx Rs. 1050 for a cylinder.
I'm entitled to 9 cylinders at approx Rs. 440 (5 cylinders in the first quarter and 4 cylinders in the second quarter). For more than 9 cylinders, I pay approx. Rs 60 more for each cylinder. It is not exactly a subsidy. It is meant to prevent misuse.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
In the list Pune comes under 1/11/13 (which means 1 Nov 2013).
I haven't seen any direct transfer scheme in place till date (except yours which is for Jan 2014).

Last edited by pradkumar : 3rd January 2014 at 15:13.
Old 3rd January 2014, 18:32   #3470
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

Just read breaking news on online newspapers (Times of India & Economic Times) - Petrol prices are hiked for 75 paise & Diesel prices are hiked by 50 paise with effect from midnight tonight.

Regarding Diesel prices it is scheduled 50 paise hike every month, but the increase in petrol price is a surprise. Because during last fortnight, Rupee is almost stable & international crude prices have not gone up drastically.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:24   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@MaxTorque; Typical governmental fracas. As for Aadhar I think the SCI had ruled that it cannot be made the only document, since no such law has been passed. There was a corrective legislation in the pipeline, where it remains, as it could not be passed in the winter session. Also, I saw a massive news item in the local noise pushing the NPR. I remember hearing some statements that one will lead to the other automatically. Totally confusing!
@SGIITK, the statement that you have heard is correct. If any one has enrolled for the NPR (National Population Register) then UIDAI will use the same details and generate AADHAR number. There are many villages where there are no Aaadhar Centers but NPR registrations are going on.

Thanks
Zaveed
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:53   #3472
Senior - BHPian

Petrol price hiked?

Well, its kind a casual news now. No point of Ranting every now and then.

Elections are coming!
Old 3rd January 2014, 20:02   #3473
Distinguished - BHPian

Just exactly what I keep stressing upon. There is no intention to remove the disparity between Petrol and Diesel. Rather both fuels are still seen as the best source of revenue and the gap of current 15 rs approx will always be maintained.
Old 3rd January 2014, 20:15   #3474
Senior - BHPian

May be a little off topic for this forum, but what is current diesel price at Shell in Bangalore?
Old 3rd January 2014, 20:19   #3475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
May be a little off topic for this forum, but what is current diesel price at Shell in Bangalore?

http://www.shell.com/ind/products-se...ing-board.html
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 10:34   #3476
BANNED

Fuels are 79.03 and 58.70 here. This was a bit of a googly, $ stable, Brent stable. I guess some earlier contracts expired.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 10:59   #3477
Senior - BHPian

If one charts the $/Re exchange rate and any crude benchmark, one will find that the petrol price hikes are completely unwarranted to the extent that the PSUs are doing. Just like this hike. Crude prices have actually fallen and $ is quite stable. But petrol price still hiked by almost a rupee. Nothing but misuse of monopoly.

Secondly this is complete reverse Robin Hood - steal from the poor and give to the rich. Petrol is mostly used by two wheelers and small cars of middle class, but is most heavily taxed by Centre and the States.

Diesel is mostly commercially used (gensets, transport, taxis, pumps) and by the rich - SUVs, premium cars, etc. But heavily subsidised and lower taxes by the govt. Of course some diesel small cars are also used by the middle class but all because of this reverse subsidy. And without a particle filter are a lot more polluting in terms of fine soot particles. So use of these in cities is really not desired.

The bulk diesel prices have helped not much - it is hilarious to see queues of BEST buses outside petrol pumps waiting to fill lower cost diesel.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 4th January 2014 at 11:00.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 13:31   #3478
BHPian

Autogas Price :Raised to 60.39/- from 49.xx/- in New Delhi.
Old 6th January 2014, 13:44   #3479
Senior - BHPian

Filled up Shell 'normal' petrol @ Rs. 81.45 in Pune city limits. The premium version is Rs. 90 (I said 'no thanks' to that one)
Outside octroi limit rate is 76.45 (approx.)
Old 6th January 2014, 14:00   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Filled up Shell 'normal' petrol @ Rs. 81.45 in Pune city limits. Outside octroi limit rate is 76.45 (approx.)
Octroi has been abolished almost an year back in MH since 01-apr-13. Why is this price difference of almost 5 /- for ? is it some municipal tax rate / LBT that is creating this gap ?

Most Viewed