Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 12:11   #4711
BANNED

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Brent prices dropped down to 54 level but there has been no reduction in retail price this 15th. It seems fuel retailers can do whatever they want, no accountability
Yes, Brent is in ~$54 region, but the ₹ is down to the 63 per $ level. If the RBI cuts rates then expect 64 levels.
Old 19th March 2015, 14:10   #4712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Yes, Brent is in ~$54 region, but the ₹ is down to the 63 per $ level. If the RBI cuts rates then expect 64 levels.
in the 15 day period leading up to march 15 rupee dropped around 1 to 1.2 Rs to the dollar (drop of around 2%) but in the same period Brent dropped by around 7 dollars (61 to 54) which is a drop of more than 10%. So even after offsetting the drop in Rupee the price of crude has dropped in real terms.

So if the rupee drops to 64 let them increase it then, anyway it is to be revised every 15 days.

The Fed policy announcement has had a positive impact today as rupee has appreciated. RBI i don't think will cut the repo rate any more soon. it might drop the CRR requirement at the max. So i see no justification for not reducing the price
Old 20th March 2015, 13:10   #4713
Senior - BHPian

Today, petrol price in Pune was Rs. 68.42
Old 26th March 2015, 16:43   #4714
BHPian

Oil prices surge after Saudi air strikes in Yemen
Quote:
LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - Brent crude oil soared more than 4 percent towards $59 a barrel on Thursday after Saudi Arabia and its Gulf Arab allies began a military operation in Yemen, which sits on a key shipping passage between Europe and the Arab Gulf.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0WS0R520150326

One hopes the Middle East isn't heading towards an all out war.
Old 27th March 2015, 09:29   #4715
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post

Not very likely, but at some point I do expect big operations against the ISIS/ISIL and their chums.
Old 27th March 2015, 13:38   #4716
Taffy

There were fears about two years ago that 100 a litre was imminent. There are more reserves in the world than we are let on. USA is just sitting on oil, the government's hands tied by the environmental lobby. Ditto Canada with its Alaskan deep fields. In Texas vast farmlands are being converted to oil fields. (Good luck eating petro-corn in the near future I say).
It's an increasingly held belief that there is no worry this century on oil. I don't know about that it does sound optimistic, but there are enough conspiracy theories going around I guess (including the moon landing) for this one to be just labelled outrageous.

:-)

Old 27th March 2015, 14:06   #4717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post

The Middle east is already in an all out war, some wars are openly being fought, others through proxies but surely they are all bleeding themselves big time while the international players are chilling in their penthouses and white houses watching the show they started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Not very likely, but at some point I do expect big operations against the ISIS/ISIL and their chums.
I don't think so simply because these people who are the global police are actually the one's who made ISIS. Iraq and Syria are fighting for their survival because some idiots in this world thought undermining Russia,Iran and its allies was more important than lakhs being dead.

BTW chums of ISIS are called 'Rebels' by the West. See the irony? These countries will sell their mothers and integrity when came to achieving their terroristic goals.

The Houthis are going to damage a lot of Saudi oil infrastructure in the coming months.

Last edited by humyum : 27th March 2015 at 14:09.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 22:56   #4718
Senior - BHPian

I am intrigued by your post. It would be interesting to find out as to how & when did the environment lobby become stronger than the petroleum lobby. When did Canada acquire Alaskan oil fields deep or otherwise and when did farmlands take root in Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
USA is just sitting on oil, the government's hands tied by the environmental lobby.

Ditto Canada with its Alaskan deep fields.

In Texas vast farmlands are being converted to oil fields. (Good luck eating petro-corn in the near future I say).

It's an increasingly held belief that there is no worry this century on oil. I don't know about that it does sound optimistic, but there are enough conspiracy theories going around I guess (including the moon landing) for this one to be just labelled outrageous.

:-)
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 11:24   #4719
BHPian

An interesting video from Bloomberg:

$20 Oil Could Be a Reality If This Happens:

http://bloom.bg/1BoH3WZ

I don't think there is any worth in discussing this theory but can be thought of one of those Black Swan situations.
Old 28th March 2015, 23:28   #4720
BANNED

Hearing the news on tv channels that petrol/diesel might get cheaper by 1 rupee from April 1.
Old 29th March 2015, 19:12   #4721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Hearing the news on tv channels that petrol/diesel might get cheaper by 1 rupee from April 1.
April 1? Seriously? Not doubting you, but the date has traditionally been suspicious. I even got a forward on whatsapp the toll tax for passenger cars in Maharashtra will be abolished on - you guessed it April 1.
To be honest I'm nor sure variances of +/- Rs. 1/liter makes much of a difference in a regular consumers spending unless he tanks up daily.

Last edited by gomzi : 29th March 2015 at 19:28.
Old 30th March 2015, 08:46   #4722
Senior - BHPian

Came across this comparison a few days back in the TOI about the cheapest and expensive fuel rates in India.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Fuel Prices Thread-p_20150327_073453.jpg  

ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 08:48   #4723
BANNED

@gomzi; remember to the babu all fools day is the start of the financial year, andhe/she forgets the rest. Fuel price changes, if any should be known today, or maybe tomorrow. These days they do not strictly follow the 1st/15th regime.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 11:23   #4724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Came across this comparison a few days back in the TOI about the cheapest and expensive fuel rates in India.
Good information, thanks for sharing.
Unsurprisingly, Mumbai ranks near the top on all these surveys and not in a good way either. :banghead:
Old 1st April 2015, 12:23   #4725
BHPian

Petrol prices reduced by 49 paise, diesel by Rs. 1.21, effective midnight tonight-

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle7056712.ece

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks