Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
I hate this Govt.

Attachment 1512818
the fuel price increase is quite disproportional to the increase in crude price

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
guys, any insight on price revision for today - 31st May ? I have to get the tank filled up - should I wait for tomorrow or get it done and over with it today ?!
I hope you tanked up.
Old 1st June 2016, 00:08   #5493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
I hate this Govt.
O boy. The fuel tank of my XUV500 was nearly empty today evening, and I tanked up- ~65 liters. Was feeling lazy and wanted to do it tomorrow, but I am glad I did it today.

On the other hand, I had to fillup my swift petrol a day after the last petrol hike, so I guess that evens things out
Old 1st June 2016, 06:22   #5494
BANNED

I must say the ₹2.58 and 2.26 quite surprised me. I did not see much movement in Brent (yesterday it dipped below WTI for some time), and the exchange rate was again trying to go back below 67. So I was not expecting any increase, or at most Re.1 or so.
Old 1st June 2016, 06:57   #5495
Distinguished - BHPian

Whats new in this? They are all out to loot us. Be miserly when it comes to reducing prices citing 100 different excuses. And be a philanthropist when it comes to increasing prices. All those taxes that were increased were apparently said to be temporary at the times of introducing them, but now as usual they will always stay put.

What is more interesting is the amount of price hike of diesel and petrol.
Why does it vary all the time? I am talking about the percentage. For instance last time petrol was hiked in only paise and diesel by much more. This time petrol more than diesel? What is the science behind that.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 07:41   #5496
Distinguished - BHPian

I tanked up yesterday too. But this is a huge hike god knows for what reason
Old 1st June 2016, 07:45   #5497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
Crude oil price is slightly higher than what it was a fortnight ago so we might be looking at another increase in prices. Oil price forecasts are getting more bullish and we might be looking at reaching 60 dollars a barrel by the end of 2016.
Wow you fuel pricing pundits have got it spot on. I was busy yesterday and though I read this didn't tank up. You can be assured I'm going to follow up on the predictions next time. BTW what are the predictions for upcoming months increase or decrease.
Old 1st June 2016, 08:34   #5498
BHPian

Quote:

I hope you tanked up.
Oh Yes I Did. Saved about 100rs ....but this attitude of govt is
Old 1st June 2016, 08:55   #5499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Wow you fuel pricing pundits have got it spot on. I was busy yesterday and though I read this didn't tank up. You can be assured I'm going to follow up on the predictions next time. BTW what are the predictions for upcoming months increase or decrease.
In the coming 6 months to a year the crude price is expected to increase to 55-60 dollars a BARREL as per most estimates. Let's hope the govt starts to ease the exorbitant duties and cesses that it jacked up over the past year or so.
bullrun87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 09:10   #5500
BANNED

@bullrun87; & co. We are not upset at Petrol being well above £1 per litre in the UK since it does not bother us, or we are under the old presumption that we are a poor country. I will like to see what is the current rough multiplier for ₹ to say $ under PPP. was about 6 a few years ago.

Last edited by sgiitk : 1st June 2016 at 09:12.
Old 1st June 2016, 09:14   #5501
BHPian

Quote:
In the coming 6 months to a year the crude price is expected to increase to 55-60 dollars a BARREL as per most estimates. Let's hope the govt starts to ease the exorbitant duties and cesses that it jacked up over the past year or so.
Yeah that's what I have been hearing as well. The duties which government levied were supposed to be temporary and hopefully they will ease them out soon.
Old 1st June 2016, 09:24   #5502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
The duties which government levied were supposed to be temporary and hopefully they will ease them out soon.
Yes. When duties were increased they had mentioned the reason that a sudden decrease in price of an essential commodity would cause mayhem in economy. I am not sure how that works though.

Anyways, I guess with crude supposed continue its upward trend slightly. Government will keep holding on to higher duties till its nearing election term. Decrease it by couple of rupees then and claim credit.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 12:33   #5503
BHPian

Scams and goof ups apart, I really appreciate MMS for fuel pricing.
AJITHAAA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 12:59   #5504
Senior - BHPian

Look, in India there is a clear connection between financing budget deficit and petrol pricing. Indian budgets are going to go into greater deficits, and govts are going to go for the easiest option of taxing petrol to cover that deficits.

Past 3 revisions have moved contrary to global pricing. We are still in administered pricing mode. With Ministry of Finance and Petroleum Ministry giving green signal to go ahead with every hike or to withdraw hikes if elections or some other inconveniences are around the corner.
Old 1st June 2016, 15:21   #5505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I might be the contrarian here but it is true that GOI never cut prices steeply and therefore one is protected from steep hikes. Brent fell to $27.88 a barrel on Jan. 20, since then it has rallied 75%. Retail prices have moved nowhere close to that number.

Yes, they were lining their pockets when oil was low but now that it's on the way back up the oil cabal has room to absorb some of the impact. All the extra taxes can be jettisoned if needed.

So, yes, we don't have true deregulation on the downside or upside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks