BANNED

forget the girl
forget the car
im buying a kawasaki bajaj boxer
and putting a side car to it
Old 21st March 2005, 19:53   #47
BHPian

it's all crap,

pc chid and m s aiyar are just manipulating the people of this country. those two dopes - 5 bucks.

while our oil companies are busy posting million dollar profits and buying off shore rigs and companies all over the world.

why does pc chid have to raise excise, cess, import duties, taxes etc on oil? that's not the cost of the oil - that's the cost of the govt's ineffiency.

give me a break here - this country sucks...
Old 21st March 2005, 22:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
give me a break here - this country sucks...
I agree. Life is so much better abroad. You can buy a super car in the gulf and afford to run it too. Who cares about mileage there?

Dippy
Old 21st March 2005, 22:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

Its Rs 2.80 hike in Blore for petrol from April 1st and Rs 2.00 hike on diesel!!!
Wat the hell??? I drive 40kms everyday in my 14kmpl Alto...I am crushed!!!

I think Canada is a better option( Kinda love that place)...Any Canadian women ready to marry me n get me a canadian citizenship??? "HAPPY MARRIED LIFE" guaranteed...
Old 22nd March 2005, 08:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
I agree. Life is so much better abroad. You can buy a super car in the gulf and afford to run it too. Who cares about mileage there?

Dippy
Countries like US u get a decent car for around $ 15k, Premium fuel for $ 2/gallon and make around 50 K a year with a decent job.

India Shining??? Not for me atleast!
Old 22nd March 2005, 09:49   #51
BHPian

[quote=or 16 times costiler!! so by 2041 liter petrol will be 682 rs/liter.
swear I wont even buy my girl a car; leave myself I am far better off on a bicycle or foot or public transport[/QUOTE]

By 2041 my girl will be old heheheh or may be I can try for a young girl then by earning lots and lots and lots of green; guess what 20 year old ask at 2040???

and which state in US has 2 $ premium gas available now?

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 22nd March 2005 at 09:52.
Old 22nd March 2005, 10:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

last i filled gas in the states was for close 3-4$ a gallon for premium gas
Old 22nd March 2005, 11:00   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
and which state in US has 2 $ premium gas available now?
Atlanta, u get for around 2.1 / 2.2 . And of course its Shell / QT / BP.
Old 22nd March 2005, 11:13   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye
Atlanta, u get for around 2.1 / 2.2 . And of course its Shell / QT / BP.
im sure some one will say georgia , and u did?? hahah

but 2.1 ?? I got my 88 last gallon in florida at 1.9$/ 2 years back.

and when was it 2.1? and I heard you said "SHELL"
Old 22nd March 2005, 12:22   #55
BHPian

/partially stoned ramblings

Why don't we put up some money, charter a small oil tanker and import some 100 octane petrol from Dubai - maybe smuggle in a coupla thousand Filters, Turbos, chips etc as well- secede and form our own country - 'The Republic of Highway 66' .......

btw has anyone heard of any progress on the alternative fuel segment ? Are other car companies going to introduce dual fuel models stock ? (a la Contessa and Nexia CNG/Petrol versions..)...And what about biodiesel ?
Old 22nd March 2005, 12:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dippy
Oil always cheaper on other side - old arab saying

1. No fun in driving here. No particular driving skill required and speed cameras every 5 kms or so. Paid more in speeding fines than what I saved on fuel.

2. Buy super can and run it - remember you also have to live there and park your car somewhere! How does a rent of approx Rs.10 lakhs / annum for 2 BHK sound to you - would get to buy a Skoda every year in India for that price. And run that car on the amount you pay for covered parking at home and on parking fees in the rest of the city.

Steer
Old 22nd March 2005, 12:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dippy
Oil always cheaper on other side - old arab saying

1. No fun in driving here. No particular driving skill required and speed cameras every 5 kms or so. Paid more in speeding fines than what I saved on fuel.

2. Buy super car and run it - remember you also have to live there and park your car somewhere! How does a rent of approx Rs.10 lakhs / annum for 2 BHK sound to you - would get to buy a Skoda every year in India for that price. And run that car on the amount you pay for covered parking at home and on parking fees in the rest of the city.

Steer
Old 22nd March 2005, 20:52   #58
Senior - BHPian

Guys please help me. I want to change my wagonR engine to a Diesel engine.
Also i would prefer if the engine is optimized for Biodiesel. Is there anybody who can help me with this project ?
Old 22nd March 2005, 23:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
Guys please help me. I want to change my wagonR engine to a Diesel engine.
Also i would prefer if the engine is optimized for Biodiesel. Is there anybody who can help me with this project ?
Wouldnt it be cheaper still to run it on Gobar? Plenty of cows on the road - refuelling shouldnt be a problem.

Of course you'll need to fit in a f**talyctic converter to meet pollution norms...

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2005, 01:24   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Wouldnt it be cheaper still to run it on Gobar? Plenty of cows on the road - refuelling shouldnt be a problem.

Of course you'll need to fit in a f**talyctic converter to meet pollution norms...

Cheers
:WTF: If we resort to gobar we will have MPGI engines(Multi Point Gobar Injection)...hahahhaaaaaa.... Then as the demand for gobar rises cattle will be injected steroids to induce diarrhoea genetically to meet market requirements and beat beat inflation... All the cows and buffaloes will start crapping all day long...then the cattle feed prices will go up,,,India will start importing cattle feed then for all you know each Kg of cattle feed would cost 50bucks in Blore just as much as petrol...So Im better off with petrol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Viewed