Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 14:48   #886
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
On NH4 out of Bangalore, near Hosakote (don't remember where exactly now) I saw an IOC bunk which had a banner saying "Low price petrol now 56.80". Will check it out the next time and post exact co-ordinates.

Note: somewhere between the Whitefield turn off and Volvo factory, IIRC. For reference, unleaded petrol is 57.17 in Bangalore.
Almost every direction across Bangalore outskirts (rather) Bangalore Rural district, the petrol prices are around 56.80-56.88 INR
Old 4th September 2008, 14:55   #887
BHPian

Quote:
On NH4 out of Bangalore, near Hosakote (don't remember where exactly now) I saw an IOC bunk which had a banner saying "Low price petrol now 56.80". Will check it out the next time and post exact co-ordinates.

Note: somewhere between the Whitefield turn off and Volvo factory, IIRC. For reference, unleaded petrol is 57.17 in Bangalore.
HP petrol bunk next to cosmos mall, brooksfield sell normal petrol for 56.80/lt.
Dont know the reason though..

Regards,
Old 4th September 2008, 16:04   #888
BHPian

I paid 39.91 per litre of diesel at Bowring Petrol Pump when I took delivery of my car. Next tankup, I paid 39.09 per litre at the HP Bunk near Cosmo's mall. Does this mean that Outskirts of Bangalore have a lower price?
Old 4th September 2008, 16:10   #889
Senior - BHPian

I regularly fill petrol in HP bunk next to cosmos. But never gave notice to the actual price.
But after reading this I just checked my bills and yes, it is. Man I am curious now. Why?
Old 4th September 2008, 16:48   #890
BHPian

Yes, even I have noticed the same - the petrol bunk near Bimal on Mahadevpura main road (Whitefield Road) sells pertol cheaper than in the city.
Old 4th September 2008, 18:41   #891
BHPian

This is slightly OT. I saw in Financial Express the following:
Cabinet to take up ethanol price hike issue today where it mentions that petrol will have a mandatory 10% ethanol blending starting October. I have seen Honda advertising as E10 ready. How about the other petrol cars? Are they E10 ready too and if not what needs to be done?
Old 17th September 2008, 11:49   #892
BHPian

Now the fuel price has fallen to less than $92 per barrel. Is govt planning to roll back the hike.
Old 17th September 2008, 12:06   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Now the fuel price has fallen to less than $92 per barrel. Is govt planning to roll back the hike.
Nope. As per yesterdays news. Govt will not reduce the fuel price until oil price reaches $60
Old 17th September 2008, 12:54   #894
Senior - BHPian

Government is not in hurry to reduce the fuel prices until they reach $ 67 per barrel. This is, according to Mr. Deora, due to the fall in rupee vis-a-vis dollar.

As far as I know, almost all cars are E10. Correct me if I am wrong but I heard there wouldnt be need of any modifications.
Old 17th September 2008, 14:42   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
As far as I know, almost all cars are E10. Correct me if I am wrong but I heard there wouldnt be need of any modifications.
I dont think so. Except for Honda and other luxury cars, none of them is E10 compliance.
Old 17th September 2008, 15:01   #896
BHPian

yeah...they all are K30 compliant!

Regards,
Old 17th September 2008, 15:06   #897
BHPian

Quote:

I have an upcoming trip to Goa (mostly temples and no beaches). Cant wait to fill my petrol tank petrol. Any idea what the fuel price is in Goa?
Old 17th September 2008, 16:23   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
I have an upcoming trip to Goa (mostly temples and no beaches). Cant wait to fill my petrol tank petrol. Any idea what the fuel price is in Goa?
55 for premium fuel.
Old 17th September 2008, 17:17   #899
Senior - BHPian

I believe the Government will use the falling oil prices as an oppurtunity for fix the disparity in fuel prices and slowly and steadily removing subsidies. This will move it a step closer to let the fuel price be based on global market forces and distance itself from recieving blame when prices go up, they will start blaming the rising price of the barrell instead.

But who knows come election time we mostly get a goodwill reduction.
Old 17th September 2008, 20:13   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I believe the Government will use the falling oil prices as an oppurtunity for fix the disparity in fuel prices and slowly and steadily removing subsidies. This will move it a step closer to let the fuel price be based on global market forces and distance itself from recieving blame when prices go up, they will start blaming the rising price of the barrell instead.

But who knows come election time we mostly get a goodwill reduction.
Actually thats what we had during the NDA regime. The fuel price was adjusted to the global rate every fortnight. After the UPA came to power this was scrapped. I am not advocating one over the other. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages

However, eventually we should move away from too many taxes and sub-taxes on fuel and the subsidies on diesel. However, considering that this brings in huge revenues to state and central governments it seems very unlikely. Not sure any one has enough guts to stop milking this cash cow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks