Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 16:25   #1336
BHPian

Breaking my silence to post this.

Whenever you fill up fuel, my request:-
Get OUT of the vehicle, as soon as the fuel lid latch is pulled to open.
Next walk to the machine, before the person pulls out the fuel hose from the pump and see the pump reading.
In most cases you will find a figure of Litres and price of previous filling.
ENSURE/CHECK this figure is RESET to ZERO in front of you, DO NOT GET distracted in this moment even if a loud bang happens behind your back ( etc etc )
The hose gets into your fuel tank, once the attendant clicks the pump on auto mode, ask him to release his hand from the hose. = Important
Once you hear the "CLICK" sound and the dispenser stops fuel supply ask him to remove the fuel dispenser from the fuel tank, "WITHOUT ANY TOPPING" no next zero /no addition of fuel whatsoever.
Ensure fuel tank is closed properly and demand a bill.
Pay and say bye bye.

Repeat process everytime you fill in fuel, Once you deviate = less fuel efficiency noticed/ other issues related to fuel will be noticed.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:30   #1337
Senior - BHPian

^^This tip is at the wrong place. This should be in the 'Short Feulling tricks' thread.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:33   #1338
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

when did this happen? this latest price rise?
today?

anyway LONG LIVE DIESEL and LONG LIVE the TRUCKERS LOBBY as far as Iam concerned. Cheap and best to have a Diesel vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
hehe yeah. I do love these price rises. My grin does get wider, and i get to drive like a maniac while my friends are all in economy mode.

But all is not rosy. earlier , the govt increased prices by Rs 5 and 3, but rolled them back only by 5 and 2, so us diesel folks got shafted by a rupee.
Old 30th October 2009, 11:46   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Will the fire yesterday at IOC cause any change in fuel prices or in fuel supply? Asking this because I have a major rip planned next week.
Old 4th February 2010, 07:11   #1340
BHPian

Another hike in fuel prices is on the cards. Some news channels were flashing a Rs 2 to Rs 4 increase! Expect to pay more for the already unaffordable dal, roti aur ummm biriyani!

Last edited by triedeverything : 4th February 2010 at 07:19.
Old 4th February 2010, 07:13   #1341
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Some channel projects rs.3 for petrol and rs2 for diesel. Man, I wish there was some state elections in upcoming months
Old 4th February 2010, 08:23   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Inflation is under control is the news from government, but in reality I don't see the prices falling down. Over & above, now the fuel prices have increased & usual drama is bound to happen (again)
1. Petrol price increases by 4 Rs per litre, Diesel price increased by 3 Rs per litre, LPG price increases by 100 a litre & Kerosene increases by 6 a litre
2. Lorry owners association announces all India strike to recall the prices of diesel
3. Opposite parties protest in the interest of common man for LPG & Kerosene prices
4. Finally Govt negotiates successfully with lorry owners association & reduces the price of diesel by Rs 1.75 (sufficient to surge the prices of all edibiles)
5. In the interest of Common man "Aam Aadmi", the LPG prices & Kerosene prices "will be brought" down is the final news (as & when the election nears)

Finally the petrol is at the receiving no one to support
Old 4th February 2010, 08:59   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Inflation is under control is the news from government, but in reality I don't see the prices falling down. Over & above, now the fuel prices have increased & usual drama is bound to happen (again)
1. Petrol price increases by 4 Rs per litre, Diesel price increased by 3 Rs per litre, LPG price increases by 100 a litre & Kerosene increases by 6 a litre
2. Lorry owners association announces all India strike to recall the prices of diesel
3. Opposite parties protest in the interest of common man for LPG & Kerosene prices
4. Finally Govt negotiates successfully with lorry owners association & reduces the price of diesel by Rs 1.75 (sufficient to surge the prices of all edibiles)
5. In the interest of Common man "Aam Aadmi", the LPG prices & Kerosene prices "will be brought" down is the final news (as & when the election nears)

Finally the petrol is at the receiving no one to support
Well said !
Back in kerala a fuel price hike is always followed with a strike by private bus owners for increasing ticket rates.
Old 4th February 2010, 09:11   #1344
Senior - BHPian

^^100.But now the govt are talking of decentralizing the cost of petrol/diesel. I mean now the price of petrol/diesel will be left to companies. That is what I thought. We have to see
Old 4th February 2010, 09:34   #1345
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

looks like we are going to get hit by a few bucks on our fuel then!

de-regulation is a good idea but they should strive to fix an MRP across states - why should Fuel be priced differently across different states and Union Territories?
One India, One Price should be the way!

the common man will get further hit by rising commodity and grocery prices on account of this price rise.

I think it continues to make sense to use a Diesel vehicle rather than a Petrol - at least it cuts down the overall monthly expenses on Fuel.
Old 4th February 2010, 09:40   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Sigh.....why do you guys think I did not get rid of my Splendor even after buying the Alto? I am resigned to my fate of riding it to work everyday and using the car only for week-ends.

I don't like LPG cars. And a diesel car is justified only if the usage is good, otherwise the price difference between a diesel model and a petrol one can pay for petrol for quite a few years.

Last edited by Gansan : 4th February 2010 at 09:46.
Old 4th February 2010, 12:29   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
LPG price increases by 100 a litre
OT.
Slight correction.
LPG is measured in KG.
So the above should have been read as "LPG price increases by 100 a CYLINDER "
Old 4th February 2010, 13:12   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Petrol diesel price to rise to 3-4 Rs and LPG price to rise by 100 Rs

I was shocked to hear the news when i heard that the GOVT is planning to hike the price of LPG petrol and diesel. Such a decission comes when the prices of essential comodities are already sky rocketing. I have never brought sugar for 47 Rs a kg before in my life and not to mention the price of onion and other comodities. The companies do not hike salaries based on this fact, and we see our hikes usually once in 2 years, and If the trend continues it will not be too late when we will see people even at middle class level struggling hard to meet ends.

More on this here Govt wants petrol price hiked, CWC meet unlikely to back it- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

Pramod
Old 4th February 2010, 13:15   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I was shocked to hear the news when i heard that the GOVT is planning to hike the price of LPG petrol and diesel. Such a decission comes when the prices of essential comodities are already sky rocketing. I have never brought sugar for 47 Rs a kg before in my life and not to mention the price of onion and other comodities. The companies do not hike salaries based on this fact, and we see our hikes usually once in 2 years, and If the trend continues it will not be too late when we will see people even at middle class level struggling hard to meet ends.

More on this here Govt wants petrol price hiked, CWC meet unlikely to back it- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

Pramod
Hi Pramod,

These are mere recommendations by a panel, which was just submitted to the government for consideration only.

The government has still not made clear what it will do.

I have a gut feeling that they will take some middle path (probably increase petrol prices by 1-2, LPG by 30-40)
Old 4th February 2010, 13:22   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Hi Pramod,

These are mere recommendations by a panel, which was just submitted to the government for consideration only.

The government has still not made clear what it will do.

I have a gut feeling that they will take some middle path (probably increase petrol prices by 1-2, LPG by 30-40)

Even the middle path looks scary, there is already a shortage for cooking gas and this would mean the delays would go even further, and the black market will boom as ever. I do not understand one thing if the auto LPG cost 35 Rs per KG, how does govt give a more than 50% subsidy on the cooking LPG? I understand the Auto LPG has no subsidy and over and above that its heavly taxed, still the price is just little higher than the cooking LPG(which is 350 and the auto LPG 14 kg would be 490) if they increase the price by say 100, wont that come close to the retail price of auto LPG?

I hate to say this but i feel the working class or the salaried class is the only class which pays taxes for almost every damn thing.

Pramod

Most Viewed