Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 15:48   #1381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Not necessarily.

Even car prices rise from tomorrow itself. If the dealer is honest, you might get the old stock at old prices.
I have yet to come across an honest dealer . Most pump owners would stop sale around 8 pm
Old 26th February 2010, 15:49   #1382
BHPian

Hey even cigarettes have become expensive! I noticed it only today. Any idea when the fuel increase will come into effect?
Old 26th February 2010, 15:50   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hey even cigarettes have become expensive! I noticed it only today. Any idea when the fuel increase will come into effect?
Fuel hike will come into effect post Midnight Today.
Old 26th February 2010, 15:57   #1384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
We will get the pinch of fuel raise from today evening only when the pumps put up a board "NO STOCK" and need not wait until mid night
Old 26th February 2010, 16:04   #1385
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
This is confirmed - Petrol, diesel prices hiked from midnight- Hindustan Times

However, if you want to beat the price hike and save a few quid, you can go to a Shell pump. They always sell even before a hike, but currently I think their prices are ~Rs. 1.20 higher than the PSUs.
Will hardly make a difference though- even i fill 50 liters in both my cars, will amount to Rs 130 at the MOST. Not worth all the trouble.
BTW they sell a little higher but quality is better too, experienced it first hand
Old 26th February 2010, 16:13   #1386
Senior - BHPian

For me, some of the most direct impact:
1. Income tax down by 50-54K per annum (depending on various calculations)
2. Fuel price will hit by around Rs. 140/month (50-55 litres).
3. Indirect impact of fuel price hike-could be some amount.
4. do not smoke, but even if I did, good to see the excise hike. But why not bidis.

One ridiculous statement in a link provided above pertains to VW. Think about it. What does it mean: Government cannot tinker with the tax rates in perpetuity???. Diesel and petrol cost largely the same to produce, but why does diesel cost less at the pump??. Keep prices in relation to the cost of production, and then see less subsidisation of fuel for car drivers. Why should they (and esp. the Laura, Jetta, Merc, Innovas, Scorpios, etc) be subsidised.

Last edited by vasudeva : 26th February 2010 at 16:19.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:14   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Will hardly make a difference though- even i fill 50 liters in both my cars, will amount to Rs 130 at the MOST. Not worth all the trouble.
BTW they sell a little higher but quality is better too, experienced it first hand
Can't disagree on this

My standard brew is Shell Diesel. After switching to Shell Diesel my car rev's a lot more freely now and mileage has improved marginally in the city

Key point to note is that the price increase DOES NOT include the INR 1.00 / litre excise duty.

Time to use public transport soon.

Cheers
Old 26th February 2010, 16:27   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Hope "Shell" wont increse their price again, they have already hiked it by 3 bucks! resulting they are doing very bad business atleast in Mangalore....
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:04   #1389
BHPian

Diesel Price up in Delhi by Rs 2.30/Lt

Bad news for Delhi, Diesel price has been increased by approx Rs 2.30 /lt.

Delhi Budget: Diesel, LPG, fancy mobiles turn costlier - NDTV Profit

Seems they left petrol this time.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:55   #1390
Senior - BHPian

SHell bunks in Mangalore and all small towns being closed.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:53   #1391

Hi,
Moved to Muscat recently. Guess the retail price of Petrol here. Rs 14 per ltr. By the time this Petrol reaches Bangalore retail, it almost becomes 4 times. Transportation costs only a small portion of the escalated cost.
Our oil PSUs are still losing money. So who is making money? Govt of India and our state Govts are making a killing at our expense.
Imagine this hypothetical scenario: All of us Indians decide to go green and start using only Public Transport. Nobody buys Petrol anymore. Our Govts might go bankrupt.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:06   #1392
Senior - BHPian

I guess many will start stopping using fuel, am already trying to do that

10years back we could get 4ltrs for100 bucks today not even 2ltrs ... am sure in couple of years it will be 100bucks a ltr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajhiremath View Post
Hi,
Moved to Muscat recently. Guess the retail price of Petrol here. Rs 14 per ltr. By the time this Petrol reaches Bangalore retail, it almost becomes 4 times. Transportation costs only a small portion of the escalated cost.
Our oil PSUs are still losing money. So who is making money? Govt of India and our state Govts are making a killing at our expense.
Imagine this hypothetical scenario: All of us Indians decide to go green and start using only Public Transport. Nobody buys Petrol anymore. Our Govts might go bankrupt.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:21   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajhiremath View Post
Hi,
It's not even India or it's states,it's only the countries which sell oil.oil barrels are bought based on the international oil price by India so we have to pay high price.Muscat which is not buying oil can sell them to their own people even at lower rates.
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:54   #1394
BHPian

When PSUs are bleeding money, how can the Indian government gain money? I mean majority stake holder in PSU is the government itself right? I can understand the State government making money with surcharge etc.

Somebody enlighten please. I simply do not know enough about this.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:02   #1395
BANNED

Let us look at the bright side. Now Premium will have to be 95RON and not 93RON (Euro-II Premium). I saw somewhere that Speed 97 is off the market. Also, now XtraPremium will have to be real Premium.

All petrol will be 91RON wherever you are. The idea of a higher price for Euro-IV is silly. People will just drive to outside town and tank up in E-III locations. In any case the oil PSUs are not capable of delivering enough E-III stuff, hence the 'staggering'. As late as last week Toyota Kanpur were unaware of the incoming BS-IV!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks