Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 11:15   #1216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I think they cut diesel price by Rs2 today - heard on the radio on way to work. But why only diesel ? Why not petrol too ? :-(
Well, if its only diesel, they've lost my vote!
Old 26th February 2009, 11:43   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi
Well, if its only diesel, they've lost my vote!
Add me to the list too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy
Now some sanity is prevailing with the difference b/w petrol and diesel back to 15 Rs. Thats how it should be
Sanity ? Inspite of the fact that worldwide both are either priced the same or diesel is pricier, I am willing to ignore that and pay more for petrol ONLY because of the fact that if diesel price is raised, it increases cost of almost all products since trucks/buses etc use it. But for someone to say that it is how it should be is .

Subsidy on diesel for the common man to have food/necessities/public-transport at affordable prices is OK, but I don't see why I should subsidise the personal travel of those that can afford it - starting from the DDiS - CRDi- TCDi - DICOR - TDCi - CDI and whatever comes above that.

So, whats the solution for this ? We cannot obviously raise diesel prices without the whole country, truckers etc going on strike. So drop petrol prices to match the diesel prices. This will not affect the deserving diesel users like trucks, buses etc. And as far as the guy who is ready to cough up a premium for his diesel car, I am sure he can now look at the petrol version also as an option - something which they ignored all this while. He can either save some cash upfront by paying less for petrol car or pay more intially for a diesel car, but get better FE per litre of fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra
Maybe someone in the Government believed the posts here in TBHP and took pity on the long suffering customers of TATA, Skoda & Fiat!
Huh!!? Long suffering ? Who ? Suffering from what ? And what posts ? Could you please clarify what you are talking about ? Could not understand your point.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 26th February 2009 at 11:45.
Old 26th February 2009, 13:47   #1218
BHPian

@SupremeBaleno: I know how you feel. But I have been feeling the same way for the past 4 years driving the MPFI zen.

It was only a couple of months back that I had bought the Vista TDI. Imagine just after buying the car the price of petrol gets cut by 10 bucks and diesel only by 4 bucks. How would I feel when there were so many petrol cars available which I could buy instead of the Vista at a lower price?

Hence the comment, so now my reasoning for buying the Vista stands good.
Old 26th February 2009, 13:51   #1219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Subsidy on diesel for the common man to have food/necessities/public-transport at affordable prices is OK, but I don't see why I should subsidise the personal travel of those that can afford it - starting from the DDiS - CRDi- TCDi - DICOR - TDCi - CDI and whatever comes above that.

So, whats the solution for this ? We cannot obviously raise diesel prices without the whole country, truckers etc going on strike. So drop petrol prices to match the diesel prices.

You have put my feelings in very clearly manner.
Good one.
Old 26th February 2009, 14:15   #1220
BHPian

Guys, Is the news about the diesel price cut confirmed??
Old 26th February 2009, 14:31   #1221
Senior - BHPian

not sure but thats what they were announcing on radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Old 26th February 2009, 14:40   #1222
BHPian

i tend to agree with supremebaleno.. but the billing will become a nightmare if u start distinguishing in the vehicles using diesel ..petrol should also come down by about 5Rs. the diff betn petrol and diesel can be maitained within rs.5

but.... govts will do anything for a vote.
Old 26th February 2009, 14:51   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know how you feel. But I have been feeling the same way for the past 4 years driving the MPFI zen.
No, man, I am not envious of you or any other diesel-car guys or anything. I use petrol cars out of choice because I prefer them and not because I can't afford the extra dough required to buy diesel. Just that after all the I.Tax and sundry other taxes paid, I feel bad that I have to subsidise guys who are well-off to not deserve that subsidy.

Quote:
Imagine just after buying the car the price of petrol gets cut by 10 bucks and diesel only by 4 bucks.
That I understand, but you forget that petrol was overpriced in the first place. So should that not get a proportionately higher cut by simple logic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost
You have put my feelings in very clearly manner.
'Feelings' as seen by any petrol-car user. For a diesel-car user, it might sound like a rant, who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west
Well, I think I heard Suchitra (of 94.3 FM) say today morning that diesel price cut by 2 bucks. But I won't bet on that because I tune to her channel only to hear her voice (oh so chweeet) and in most cases miss what she is actually saying. So I might be wrong too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n
but the billing will become a nightmare if u start distinguishing in the vehicles using diesel ..petrol should also come down by about 5Rs. the diff betn petrol and diesel can be maitained within rs.5
Noooo. No differential billing and all. That just gives scope for corruption and black marketing - not something we want here. Just let the diesel price be where it is and bring down the petrol price to same as diesel. Since diesel price is not hiked, no one will be angry/hurt. And I am sure no one is going to be angry about petrol prices being reduced. When the difference goes away, we will not only see the waiting-lists for DDiS disappear and the subsidy (if any, depending on crude prices at that time) would go only to those who need/deserve it.

Ofcourse, with the current crude prices, I know that petrocompanies are making a profit on petrol. So they won't be hurt due to the reduction in petrol price proposed above. And if in the future the crude prices rise, increase both petrol and diesel price by same amount to always keep them at same rate.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 26th February 2009 at 14:59.
Old 26th February 2009, 15:00   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
i tend to agree with supremebaleno.. but the billing will become a nightmare if u start distinguishing in the vehicles using diesel ..petrol should also come down by about 5Rs. the diff betn petrol and diesel can be maitained within rs.5

but.... govts will do anything for a vote.
All Petrol users will agree with @SupremeBaleno. But none of the diesel users would
Old 26th February 2009, 15:10   #1225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Nope, it's just speculation till now. No news channels have confirmed it.
Old 26th February 2009, 15:15   #1226
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
All Petrol users will agree with @SupremeBaleno. But none of the diesel users would
I whole heartedly agree with Supremebaleno inspite of being a confirmed diesel addict for the last 10-12 yrs
It is the logical and the just thing to do. On the bright side, it will also make car buying easier, because we dont have to get restricted to the choice on the diesel side only.

Old 26th February 2009, 15:29   #1227
Senior - BHPian

@rippergeo : and it would also bring down the diesel car prices
Old 26th February 2009, 15:43   #1228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Huh!!? Long suffering ? Who ? Suffering from what ? And what posts ? Could you please clarify what you are talking about ? Could not understand your point.
In your excitement seems to me you overlooked that he could be saying that in humour (as i understand from his post).

Adding myself (a hyundai diesel user) to that long suffering list. Atlast some relief
Old 26th February 2009, 15:56   #1229
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow or in couple of days election will be announced.

2/- price cut in Diesel is much expected to bring down inflation figures below 3% and to make transport people cool because they had very difficult time last year! Let everyone have their day

Its good move by government.

But please note that this is just one example how government changes its words and tactics.

1 month back they said they make aprox. 8/- profit on Petrol and aprox. 2/- on Diesel but this week there is report saying Petrol is sold just with few paisa profit and Diesel with 3/- profit, so news report in India can swing in anyway or government gave more discount on Diesel.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS
Please note that for private use buy Petrol CARS unless you travel too much (more than 1500kmper month) and don't need 5 Star comfort. Diesel cars are just marketing gimic and people are getting cheated compared to corresponding Petrol cars.

Last edited by ravibhat : 26th February 2009 at 15:57.
Old 26th February 2009, 16:32   #1230
Team-BHP Support

Shouldn't petrol car users also hope for diesel price reduction? If diesel price is made same as petrol, the price rise will be such that you won't have any money left to purchase fuel.
Cheap diesel = Cheap essential commodities!
So hope for cheap diesel, and pray more people shift to diesel, since diesel = less CO2 = less global warming

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks