Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 16:24   #1441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Old prices still apply. Might go up by evening.

Just had a short quick spin for a top-up.
The price hike is effective from midnight today ..
Old 25th June 2010, 16:29   #1442
Senior - BHPian

This is the classic case of herd mentality at work. Wasting your own precious personal time waiting in queue for hours just to save may be 100 bucks on a full tank.
Old 25th June 2010, 16:29   #1443

"The decision follows a ministerial panel meeting on freeing up petrol prices and cutting subsidies on diesel, kerosene and cooking gas, to help rein in the fiscal deficit, which is projected at 5.5 percent of the gross domestic product in 2010/11 and free up revenues for other programmes.

Wow
Old 25th June 2010, 16:30   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Not sure what to say; I'm sure we'll start cribbing about this for another one more week until there's another sensational news, after which, this is a forgotten story. Why aren't they implementing dual pricing policy on Diesels? There're so many ways to earn revenue & why does the Govt always want to earn through hurting common man? Why not they start collecting the pending taxes?
Old 25th June 2010, 16:32   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Excuse me. Are you sure it has two zeros after 16????
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbu64 View Post
U sure with the math

40x4=160 or 1600. U want to stand in a long line for say a minimum 30 min or more to save Rs 160 while the engine is kept running to run the ac in the hot weather. And this is only a one time event.
My bad with the extra zero.

However, its not so bad with the queues yet.
I just topped up, with no queue at the bunk at all. Wouldn't mind any such savings any which ways.

If I find time I'll even topup the other car later in the evening today.
Old 25th June 2010, 16:34   #1446
BHPian

ahhh !!! not again

Now what other things did the govt do in all these years of being in power? I have only seen price hike, inflation and bla bla bla since the past couple of years !

such a bad news on a weekend that too.. It is the worst friday i had this year, and UPA is totally responsible for this. Cant they deregulate the taxes also ? I mean why should we pay so many taxes? for fuel, for road for highways etc ? one centralized tax structure should be devised, which should take care of every infrastructure required to run the country
Old 25th June 2010, 16:41   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Can some one explain how the deregulation of petrol prices is going to work. Will price be revised on a daily/weekly/monthly basis? Hoarding, black marketeering, speculative trading every thing is going to happen now.
Old 25th June 2010, 16:47   #1448
BHPian

Apart from Subsidy...somewhere I have a feeling that it is being done to help Reliance to reenter in petrol pump business.
Old 25th June 2010, 16:53   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Apart from Subsidy...somewhere I have a feeling that it is being done to help Reliance to reenter in petrol pump business.
Not only Reliance, but all the private palyers including shell. As I mentioned earlier it was only Shell who kept on adding more and more outlets even if their sales went down and down. They knew this is going to happen.
Old 25th June 2010, 16:55   #1450
BHPian

re

Just a question. Do you guys think that this will impact the resale value of petrol vehicles?
Old 25th June 2010, 16:55   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Yes... i also somehow have this feeling !! what with anil & mukesh joining hands, two wicked minds at work.. we can expect things like this only to happen
Old 25th June 2010, 17:08   #1452
Senior - BHPian

!00 doesnt look far, i mean per liter:(, certainly a depressing news and i dont like it. at one hand the prices has escalated for all the essential commodities and here we have another hike! so now we the consumers will have to shell out on fuel and also pay up indirectly on the commodities...

As Krishna mentioned why are they not reducing the taxes levied on the fuel? atleast that would keep the price on check!
Old 25th June 2010, 17:12   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
Not only Reliance, but all the private palyers including shell. As I mentioned earlier it was only Shell who kept on adding more and more outlets even if their sales went down and down. They knew this is going to happen.
Agree. And we should all be open to things changing.
Privatization is a good thing in more ways than one.

One can atleast hope / expect the prices now to go down when the crude prices fall. This is something that has been an unknown phenomenon so far with Govt controls.

And competition always has its advantages with regards to being being reasonable as well as providing quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Just a question. Do you guys think that this will impact the resale value of petrol vehicles?
Why would it ? Its not gonna have any catastrophic impact on the petrol rates. Its a big automobile industry playing out there on petrol cars (old/new both). I am sure there willl be enough done here behind the scenes to ensure their businesses doesnt go bust.

Edit:
At the same time it will force manufacturers to open up and seriously think of going the Electric way !

Last edited by jigbarai : 25th June 2010 at 17:27.
Old 25th June 2010, 17:22   #1454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post

f) finally govt is run by money of rich man and vote of poor man. Beech mein there is the middle man, that no one cares about
. Damn the central government which gives a damn about the middle class.

Get the taxes down.

Bangaloreans will be suffer a lilttle more due to the hike.
Old 25th June 2010, 17:23   #1455
BHPian

Great Job!!

Excellent work done by the government . There are points to be pondered upon before making any comments:
1. The Government has taken the subsidy off petrol prices and not diesel, which effects inflation in a direct way.
2. This is for the betterment of our fiscal deficit which in turn will help in improving our economic strength in the long run.
3. I agree about the taxes part: But that is being taken care of by GST which the government is trying to put in place by next financial year. Once that is in place We all will notice that this deregulation will benefit us all.
4. Do you see the number of vehicles on road. C'mon, Bangalore guys are talking about traffic conditions. Do you realize the kind of effect these vehicle sales will have on our infrastructure. This increase in petrol prices is not going to effect the common man as much as it is going to effect the middleclass man. I know some of you may say ..why not improve the infrastructure! But the fact of the matter is that no government can do that in a day. They need time for everything,and more importantly money which they can get by taking such measures.

There are many other points which will come up during a healthy discussion which I think should start in this thread .

I still am against the government for taking subsidy off Kerosene oil and cooking gas prices which will really effect the common man.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks