Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2010, 12:14   #1576
Senior - BHPian

BPCL petrol up by 3Rs. Other to follow suit tonight.

Apparently only BPCL raised prices yesterday night - now close to Rs60 per litre in Chennai. I filled in today morning at HPCL for old price of Rs57.47 - saving of 150 bucks on a 51l filling. Other oil-cos are supposed to raise prices tonight.
Old 15th December 2010, 12:17   #1577
BHPian

Re: Official tracker of Price hike's & cut's in petrol & diesel in India

Found this history of prices in the IOCL website. As late as 2004, we were paying Rs. 34 to a litre.

http://www.iocl.com/Products/PetrolDomesticPrices.aspx

Last edited by gvivek75 : 15th December 2010 at 12:18. Reason: Wrong link
Old 15th December 2010, 12:20   #1578
BHPian

Petrol Price increases by Rs 2.96 today midnight

BPCL increased petrol prices by Rs2.96 per litre, making it the fifth hike this year.
i think Government is more intended about stopping people from taking their rides out. Hope it will reach 100 by end of 2011

Details in link BPCL increases petrol prices by Rs2.95 a litre - Home - livemint.com
Old 15th December 2010, 12:29   #1579
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Official tracker of Price hike's & cut's in petrol & diesel in India

as of this morning the HP price showed 59.6. in the 3 different bunks i passed there were scads of cars waiting to fill up.
I think this evening or tonight its going to hit 62 -63 and anyway by evening I expect that most of the bunk fellows will simply say "saary saar - no stock saar" to the poor public so that they can cash in on the small differential in money after midnight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvivek75 View Post
Found this history of prices in the IOCL website. As late as 2004, we were paying Rs. 34 to a litre.

Indian Oil Corporation :: MS/Gasoline Domestic Prices
Old 15th December 2010, 12:34   #1580
Senior - BHPian

Re: Petrol Price increases by Rs 2.96 today midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
BPCL increased petrol prices by Rs2.96 per litre, making it the fifth hike this year.
i think Government is more intended about stopping people from taking their rides out. Hope it will reach 100 by end of 2011

Details in link BPCL increases petrol prices by Rs2.95 a litre - Home - livemint.com
On a lighter note. Yes, Govt is very keen on its citizens health. So, everyone, Walk or Cycle

Did it really went down anytime after the so called decontrol? Or the Crude was always in the north after that???

The timing is also very bad. December end is a good vacation time for many here. So, not so good. Drives are going to be expensive.
Old 15th December 2010, 12:59   #1581
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Fuel Price Thread

Costs of Fuel and vehicle taxes, various other taxes and entry levies on electronics, white / brown goods etc in Karnataka state are higher than the rest of india

inflation in real terms must be the highest in Karnataka in comparison to the rest of the country

and the collection in terms of all sorts of taxes including income taxes etc from Bangalore residents is what fuels the so called development in the rest of Karnataka as well as Uncle Yeddy's contributions to various temples, the recent and regular horse trading activities amongst the K'taka politico's, funding the purchase of Madam Shoba Karandlaje's 160 acre coffee estate in Coorg, land purchases by HDK and gang and their families and of course Uncle Yeddy's family etc.

its truly a lovely state of affairs indeed!
miserable louts, these politicos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The price increase has been reported in the news paper. 37 paise increase. IOC has already done that and the others are following suit on Tuesday.

After the de-regularization, the fuel price has silently gone up close to 2 rupees in a couple of months, a nice way to increase the prices with little increases. Something like slow poison.

Bangalore sucks big time when it comes to fuel costs.
Old 15th December 2010, 13:19   #1582
Senior - BHPian

I wish I had a 100 ltr tank, sadly a full tank was done at 35 ltrs this morning. Still not bad, a 105 bucks saving for an action done 36 hours in advance ! Somewhere I read about hydro powered cars to be launched in 2011, but considering the shortage of drinking water throughout the city, that too does not sound that great. The only resource we have in plenty is AIR, which is free. Anyone thinking about AIR- powered engines ?
Old 15th December 2010, 13:45   #1583
NFS
BHPian

News paper reports (The Hindu dated: 15-Dec-2010) states that prices increased for petrol to nearly 3Rs (2.96) by BP Tuesday Midnight. I filled petrol today morning from BP and the price is 60+ per litre. The boy said all companies have raised the prices, though not sure if it is true.

Poor people Inflation has come down to 8%, and prices all around India are going up. I have no clue of what is happening.

Petrol prices are not controlled by central govt, but when Overseas crude prices comes down, No body reduced the Petrol prices. God help us!
Old 15th December 2010, 13:59   #1584
BHPian

Re: petrol prices soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakowli View Post
hey all, do anybody keep checking the petrol prices now-a-days. almost every 15days there is a increase of 20-40 paisa. this minute change nobody checks, so there is no big issue out of it. but now after the Govt. has removed the subsidy the oil companies are minting more profits i doubt. in about 3 months time the prices have gone up by almost 2 Rs.
what do you all have to say on this? In Mumbai it is Rs. 57.34 per litre for petrol.
I think its the same way in other countries as well. Crude oil prices have increased so much recently and these petrol price hikes are in-tune with that. Govt de-regulated the petrol price doesnt mean that the fuel companies can charge whatever they wish to. When crude oil prices come down, we should and will see a reduction in petrol price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Petrol prices are not controlled by central govt, but when Overseas crude prices comes down, No body reduced the Petrol prices. God help us!
After de-regulation, crude prices never came down. Right now it is at a 2 year high of $90 per barrel.

Last edited by arunkk : 15th December 2010 at 14:02.
Old 15th December 2010, 14:03   #1585
BHPian

I filled up my bikes tank too after reading that the price of petrol is going to increase by 3/liter. While filling I asked the guy about the increase, he said it's not going to increase as it did not get approved or something.

However 100/liter is not too far away
Old 15th December 2010, 14:05   #1586
BHPian

The bubble has to burst one day. These companies cant just keep increasing prices like this. I dont know what the govt will do.
Everytime I fill the fuel, there is some increase (few paisas). This is the icing on the cake.
Along with this, the prices of all essential commodities will increase as well, if Diesel prices are jacked up as well.
Old 15th December 2010, 14:07   #1587
Team-BHP Support

Price in Texas, USA.

2.65$ or Rs 120 for 3.79 Liters.

Rs 31.66 for one liter of petrol.
We pay double that.
Old 15th December 2010, 14:40   #1588
BANNED

With petroleum at $90 a barrel ($100 expected by mid 2011) this was inevitabl.

What is bugging me is that there is still no removal of the 'so called' diesel subsidy. maybe they are scared of MDA. He has said - deregulate diesel as well and he will restart all pumps.
Old 15th December 2010, 14:59   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Definitely a bad news and we are not too far away from "100"....
Old 15th December 2010, 15:41   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
News paper reports (The Hindu dated: 15-Dec-2010) states that prices increased for petrol to nearly 3Rs (2.96) by BP Tuesday Midnight. I filled petrol today morning from BP and the price is 60+ per litre. The boy said all companies have raised the prices, though not sure if it is true.

Poor people Inflation has come down to 8%, and prices all around India are going up. I have no clue of what is happening.

Yes its right upto half..BP has raised the prices from midnight yesterday, others HP, IOC, IOCL are increasing it on midnight of thursday, so 1 day left for other petrol stations. God should only save us from these hikes.

Most Viewed