Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2011, 13:27   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fuel Price Thread

We at Bangalore are privileged to pay the most. Thanks mostly to the wonderful state taxes we pay, for no extra benefits compared to our friends from other cities.

Now that the Oil companies have been taken care of by de-regularization.
Govt needs to regulate itself on the taxes being levied on fuel.

Predictions on when it will hit the magic 100Rs mark?
Old 20th January 2011, 15:19   #1682

Just filled my Wagon R with Autogas LPG from Greater Noida (UP). Costs Rs 40/-. Was around Rs 35/- a week ago.
Petrol costs Rs 62.2/- in Noida UP.
Old 20th January 2011, 16:57   #1683
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

we pay the highest taxes on Fuel. we have the highest road taxes also - this was supposed to be levied so as to help improve infrastructure.
and look at the bleeding mess our roads are in!

dear old Bangalore was such a nice place in the SM Krishna regime. I think he was the last CM who did something concrete for the city and the state. Quite a different kettle of fish from the subsequent regimes of looters, thieves and scoundrels that we appear to be lumped with.

Again I am forced to rant - why cant the government fix a standard MRP for Fuel and for vehicles etc across the country? after all, we are ONE Country so we should have ONE price - as in everything else, just have a standard MRP! Is that too much to ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
We at Bangalore are privileged to pay the most. Thanks mostly to the wonderful state taxes we pay, for no extra benefits compared to our friends from other cities.

Now that the Oil companies have been taken care of by de-regularization.
Govt needs to regulate itself on the taxes being levied on fuel.

Predictions on when it will hit the magic 100Rs mark?
Old 20th January 2011, 17:34   #1684
BHPian

Re: Official tracker of Price hike's & cut's in petrol & diesel in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumar007 View Post
Unlike Petrol/LPG, Government will not prefer to increase Diesel prices just like that. Our country's economy is based on Diesel. So, they don't play with that too often.
=========
All of them are running on Diesel.
It they stop running due to price hikes, India literally halts.
-JK
Do you think Petrol Car makers will do something with governament?
Otherwise it will hit their targets, R&D and future plans.
Old 20th January 2011, 17:50   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

dear old Bangalore was such a nice place in the SM Krishna regime. I think he was the last CM who did something concrete for the city and the state.
Funny part is - in Bangalore - Fuel cost of running a scorpio with 10kmpl @ is Rs. 4.25 / km & that of a nano @ 18 kmpl is Rs.3.6 / km. If petrol prices keep going up & diesel remains static, the running cost of scorpio may become cheaper than that of nano ! ( considering only cost of fuel )

Just OT - That is one much repeated urban myth..unfortunately Krishna believed such myths & india today articles crowning him the best CM of India & dissolved the assembly 6 months in advance , thinking he will get a bigger mandate .. but in the elections he could win less than 50% of seats won by his party earlier..30 of his 35 ministers lost their seats !!

Obviously the people of karnataka & bangalore were pissed off & did not believe the india today survey & urban myths on krishna..
Old 20th January 2011, 18:02   #1686
BHPian

In Bangalore the petrol price is 65.35 per litre. i seriously don't know what will be the position in future.

With in a matter of 25 days the price has been hiked twice. From 57 odd rupees to 65.35.

Diesel price hike will create problem from transporters and goods carriage plyers and therefore the Govt has kept the price unhiked.The inflation rate is at peak and it is one of the fastest grown inflation rate from the recession period right from 2009.

Running cost of car (Av. mileage 13) = 5.03/-
Bike (Av. mileage 40) = 1.64/-
Diesel car (Av. mileage 13) = 3.25/-

Where is INDIA going
Old 20th January 2011, 18:08   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
we pay the highest taxes on Fuel. we have the highest road taxes also
And we have the highest speed breakers also.

Bless the MJD. I shiver even to think of standing in the queue for Petrol. At Rs 65 a liter, its a daylight murder. Infact why not they start murdering people openly. Already they are doing so in guise of Rising prices.

OT: Manmohan Singh has at least done one thing: To put firmly to rest the myth that Educated people make better leaders. Lalu did a better job of pulling Railways out of the mess they were in.
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:48   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
In Bangalore the petrol price is 65.35 per litre. i seriously don't know what will be the position in future.
I feel that the oil prices should be kept high. If we compare european prices our oil prices are still low. It is unwise to follow the US model of not taxing oil heavily.

Oil is a non-renewable, ecologically dangerous product. It's price elasticity of demand is low, thus it needs huge increase in price to bring down demand.

The only hope of world seeing alternative fuels and encouraging alternative mode of transport is if the fuel prices indeed go thru the roof.

So, I believe it is essential for the fuel prices to remain high, perhaps above Rs.100/liter range (both petrol and diesel).
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:38   #1689
Senior - BHPian

hkollar: The same oil is used by trucks to get food home. 100/Liter for oil would also affect wheat and rice prices.

Though a poor person will not have a car he still has a stomach.

If there is good transport options people would use it for commute and be less dependent on cars. Delhi and Mumbai are an example and volvos in bangalor are one more. The govt control over prices are good but there should be some alternative.

Alternative fuels is a good option but still caters to a niche market.
Old 3rd February 2011, 13:03   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
I feel that the oil prices should be kept high. If we compare european prices our oil prices are still low. It is unwise to follow the US model of not taxing oil heavily.

Oil is a non-renewable, ecologically dangerous product. It's price elasticity of demand is low, thus it needs huge increase in price to bring down demand.

The only hope of world seeing alternative fuels and encouraging alternative mode of transport is if the fuel prices indeed go thru the roof.

So, I believe it is essential for the fuel prices to remain high, perhaps above Rs.100/liter range (both petrol and diesel).
you believe it should be still high i think US should follow india so that they consume less fuel. i think out of the whole world US is consuming the most of fuels. there is hardly any vehicle below 2000 cc in US.

3$ for 1gallon i.e almost 4 litres of fuel considering the income of US individual is peanuts for them. a coke costs .75$ and fuel the same? funny isnt it.

considering the income of indian the fuel cost should be around 20 rs a litre which will be inline with US and other developed nation.

Indian are being screwed when it comes to fuel consumption and decreasing the carbon footprint.

do you know why indians say " kitna deti hai, mileage" before buying a car or bike- its coz the loot that govt does using the fuel tax prices.

if fuel is sold at US typre prices every indian will be driving a 2000 cc and above car.

Jagoo Grahak Jagoo.
Old 4th February 2011, 11:43   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Got this by email today. I will not fill on 14th Feb, for whatever it is worth!

Subject: Do not buy Petrol on 14th Feb.'11 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To:
This is a msg passed on by a friend--and i too think its high time the Govt stopped pulling wool over our eyes over the ridiculous price of our fuel
> Dear Friends!
>
> Petrol in Pakistan Rs17 per litr
> Malaysia Rs 18 per litr
> In India it's Rs.65per litr
>
> Why is there a difference within India itself? World Market CRUDE Oil is not the reason for this. It's all Gain for private owners?

As we are the general public, or Common Man as R.K.Laxman wud hv said, we have to raise our voice, let's raise thru Emails.

> Forward this to all Indians who care.

> It has been calculated that if everyone did not purchase a drop of petrol for one day and all at the same time, the oil companies would choke on their stockpiles.

>At the same time it would hit the entire industry with a net loss over 4.6 billion dollars which affects the bottom lines of the oil companies.

> Therefore " Feb.14th " has been formally declared "Do not buy Petrol" day and the people of this nation should not buy a single drop of petrol that day.

> The only way this can be done is if you forward this e-mail to as many people as you can and as quickly as you can to get the word out.

> Waiting on the government to step in and control the prices is not going to happen. What happened to the reduction and control in prices that the Arab nations promised two weeks ago?

> Remember one thing, not only is the price of petrol going up but at the same time airlines are forced to raise their prices, trucking companies are forced to raise their prices which affects prices on everything that is shipped. Things like food, clothing, building
supplies medical supplies etc. Who pays in the end? We do!

> We can make a difference. If they don't get the message after one day, we will do it again and again. So do your part and spread the word.

> Forward this email to everyone you know.

> Mark your calendars and make* * *Feb.* 14th

> A day that the citizens say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

> We forward so many junk email to many of our friends, now let us do it for some useful cause to cut down the price of the petrol .. ....

> REMEMBER : * 14th February 2011 *

Old 4th February 2011, 12:39   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Petrol in Pakistan Rs17 per litr
Malaysia Rs 18 per litr
In India it's Rs.65per litr
The Current Petrol Price in Pakistan : 38.9530 INR (Welcome to Pakistan State Oil)
The Current Petrol Price in Malaysia : 37.4733 INR (Malaysian Fuel Prices)

I'm off the belief that even if we stop buying anything from these oil companies, they will still operate like what Air India is doing now. Using tax payers money to cover up the loss! So it is like you pay the premium while purchasing Petrol or pay it by Income Tax.

Last edited by mail4loys : 4th February 2011 at 12:41. Reason: formatting
Old 4th February 2011, 17:57   #1693
BHPian

With so less purchasing power of the common man, there is so much of traffic jam in the metros. Most of the time, it is the price of fuel that prevents the common man from buying a car. Ownership of cars is still a meagre 5-8% of the population and with that there is so much private traffic on the roads. Imagine if everyone in the city can buy a car because the fuel is cheap, what will happen to the traffic jams in the cities? Traffic will just not move!

Prajwal
Old 7th February 2011, 00:18   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Imagine if everyone in the city can buy a car because the fuel is cheap, what will happen to the traffic jams in the cities? Traffic will just not move!

Prajwal
If I had a decent commute for the my work, which is ~25 KM away, I would rather use it than drive 50 KM every day through maddening traffic with auto rickshaws, buses, lorries, pedestrians, bikers and all contraptions on wheels haggling for road space.

I am sure there would be a whole bunch like me. Hiking the fuel cost to deter people from buying cars would the worst strategy ever. Right up with the 2G auction!
Old 7th February 2011, 08:38   #1695
Senior - BHPian

the point is clear - Petrol vehicles should be dumped asap. I mean using non-maruti petrol's as daily drives should be in past tense. At best they are weekend warriors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks