Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 09:57   #1756
BHPian

Re: Fuel Price Thread

Another hike, petrol cars are getting costlier in maintenance.

What would gov do for all those who use luxury cars, and still get subsidized diesel on their rides?

Other hand common man who commutes on bikes and small/mid size cars burn their pockets.
Old 26th April 2011, 10:22   #1757
BHPian

This is really bad news. Another hike...it really throws the monthly budget for a toss.I understand that because of the crude oil prices rise this is bound to happen.Is there a chance the hike will be rolled back in the future in case of easing of the crude prices?
Old 26th April 2011, 10:36   #1758
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry! If the original intention is a two rupee hike, they will let it be known through the media it will be a three rupee one first. Then they will bow down to popular demand and in the interest of the 'common man", announce a one rupee roll back, as instructed by party high command!. We can all feel grateful to the Govt. and live happily ever after!
Old 26th April 2011, 10:49   #1759
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Normal Petrol will then hit around Rs 67 per litre in BLR. Very tough on the budget for the common man.

Normal Diesel is sitting at around 43 right now - 25 odd Rupee difference.
This would probably go up another 2 rupees -making it 45 or so.

I wonder how soon parity can be reached in our country, between Petrol and Diesel - given our truckers lobby and other such factors.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 26th April 2011 at 10:52.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:48   #1760
Senior - BHPian

Yes crude oil is at the rise but why cant the govt reduce the taxes, with petrol closing in on 100 am not sure how many can afford a petrol vehicles when the pricess hit 100mark and i dont even dare to think of price crossing 100rs.

btw i have already reduced the usage of my car/bike.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:19   #1761
Senior - BHPian

i am now seriously contemplating selling my SX4 and buying a diesel hatch- was planning to pick up an SUV in the next coupleof months (waiting for Merlin and W201) but i guess one has to be practical at the end of the day- fuel costs are just getting too much now.

So a Swift (gen2) diesel or a figo titanium TDCI is on my radar now.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:24   #1762
Senior - BHPian

Is it also possible that perhaps the petrol prices are raised more frequently to offset (even if by a little bit) the fact that diesel prices cannot be raised due to political compulsions?
Sorry for being a bit basic, but still have that doubt
Old 26th April 2011, 12:28   #1763
Senior - BHPian

yeah!! it is getting out of hand now. In here at Hyderabad, petrol is already at rs. 65.15/- for a litre. Three rupees hike will take it 68.15/-. I mean they will just bleed the lower middle class family who only have their petrol bike to commute. This does not make sense , more so when a guy with his 15lakh car comes to a bunk and fills cheap diesel.
May be government should look at collecting some surcharge levied on per litre of diesel sold from the diesel car owners who come to bunk for refuel and exempt buses, truck, tractors and other category of vehicles fit for subsidy.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:39   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
yeah!! it is getting out of hand now. In here at Hyderabad, petrol is already at rs. 65.15/- for a litre. Three rupees hike will take it 68.15/-. I mean they will just bleed the lower middle class family who only have their petrol bike to commute. This does not make sense , more so when a guy with his 15lakh car comes to a bunk and fills cheap diesel.
May be government should look at collecting some surcharge levied on per litre of diesel sold from the diesel car owners who come to bunk for refuel and exempt buses, truck, tractors and other category of vehicles fit for subsidy.
That would just give another alternative for curroption for the rich and the middle-class man who somehow manages to own a diesel will be the sufferer.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:06   #1765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
more so when a guy with his 15lakh car comes to a bunk and fills cheap diesel.
Aren't the diesel motor owners already paying premium of 1+L to own them...
Old 26th April 2011, 13:18   #1766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Yes, but that money goes to the manufacturer of the car.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:26   #1767
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

if the tax that they recently implemented on diesel vehicles in Delhi/NCR were to be implemented elsewhere too, then this might be one way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Yes, but that money goes to the manufacturer of the car.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:30   #1768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
AFAIK, the premium is being paid to the car manufacturers for the technology/ engine. None of this goes to the fuel suppliers. It is only fair that all personal vehicles should pay market price for fuel. The question is how this segregation can be implemented for diesel vehicles without the risk of black marketing (in case separate pumps are opened for public utility vehicles using diesel). Of course, if diesel is sold to ALL vehicles at market price then this would push the inflation rate up further
Old 26th April 2011, 13:45   #1769
Senior - BHPian

^^ The only way is a one time levy when the car is purchased. Differential pricing of fuel will never work.

@Shankar.balan

Has it been imposed? I thought it was only mooted.
Old 26th April 2011, 14:38   #1770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
AFAIK, the premium is being paid to the car manufacturers for the technology/ engine. None of this goes to the fuel suppliers. It is only fair that all personal vehicles should pay market price for fuel. The question is how this segregation can be implemented for diesel vehicles without the risk of black marketing (in case separate pumps are opened for public utility vehicles using diesel). Of course, if diesel is sold to ALL vehicles at market price then this would push the inflation rate up further
One idea I can think of this is, have all the private diesel motors to pay up some amount to the ministry of petroleum every year or once in 5yrs. Again how much should one pay depends on the size of the vehicle. If one fails to pay the money, concerned authorities may seize the vehicle.

Last edited by 2500cc : 26th April 2011 at 14:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks