Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2012, 09:10   #2401
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

I feel the government would not increase the diesel fuel price much. By end of 2012 and mid 2013 i see Petrol finishing at around Rs 85 per liter and diesel would hit Rs 50 per liter in Bangalore. They would increase the excise duty on diesel cars to recover the cost as it is the easiest and simplest way to recover. If petrol prices go up post Budget and hit Rs 80, i am sure diesel vehicle sales would shoot up and in spite of the hike in diesel car prices. I do not see any permanent solution for this problem looking at the way things are trending.

Last edited by Dushie : 11th March 2012 at 09:13.
Old 18th March 2012, 13:00   #2402
BHPian

there are some news floating of a petrol and diesel price hike (petrol by 5 rupee and diesel by 2 rupee) in the coming week; does anyone has any idea? has anyone heard this from a reliable source yet?
Old 19th March 2012, 18:07   #2403
Team-BHP Support

And here it comes :

Fuel price hike after budget session, hints Pranab Mukherjee - The Times of India

A hike in LPG and diesel is hinted at but nothing about petrol in this report.
Old 21st March 2012, 12:22   #2404
Senior - BHPian

Tax on diesel is reduced from 18% to 16.75% in Karnataka budget. Diesel will be cheaper.
msdivy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 22:47   #2405
BHPian

Just saw it on the news, Goa has slashed VAT on petrol to 0.1% thereby reducing the price of petrol by Rs 11. Now that is what i call a government of the people, by the people, and FOR the people.
On the down side, they are hiking the taxes on Alcohol, 15% more on cars over 15lakhs and 15% more on bikes over 2 lakhs.
On the whole, i will be visiting Goa more often.
Old 27th March 2012, 01:09   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbly View Post
Just saw it on the news, Goa has slashed VAT on petrol to 0.1% thereby reducing the price of petrol by Rs 11. Now that is what i call a government of the people, by the people, and FOR the people.
On the down side, they are hiking the taxes on Alcohol, 15% more on cars over 15lakhs and 15% more on bikes over 2 lakhs.
On the whole, i will be visiting Goa more often.
While we welcome you to Goa, be prepared to pay an "Entry Toll" on all vehicles registered outside the State that enter Goa. Check out my post on some of the salient features of the Goa government's budget:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2726884
Old 27th March 2012, 09:41   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
While we welcome you to Goa, be prepared to pay an "Entry Toll" on all vehicles registered outside the State that enter Goa. Check out my post on some of the salient features of the Goa government's budget:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2726884
Thank you Misquitas for the warm welcome, didnt know about the entry toll. Entry Tax or no there is no place like Goa to chill out.
Just been through your post detailing the pros of the budget in Goa, i think what the present babus are doing in Goa should be used as a benchmark by all other states in the country, especially the MH government, whose idea of filling their coffers is increasing VAT on petrol by 2% and 4% on diesel. This is in addition to the nationwide increase in fuel prices expected in April thanks to a few bozos sitting at the Centre.
Old 27th March 2012, 21:37   #2408
Senior - BHPian

I think now we should remove that Diesel vs Petrol car excel sheet from Team-BHP. This sheet has been used many to find number of kms they have to cover to recover the high intial cost of Diesel vehicles. And with current scenario the whole deal has become irrelevant.
2014 is so so long way out. I wonder if people will take to street Greece style to protest. What a Govt!!! What a Govt!!!

OT: FIAT can rest easy now. With the huge demand for MJD from Maruti/TATA to get even bigger, they need not lose sleep over the dismal sales of Punto and Linea.
Old 31st March 2012, 01:55   #2409
Team-BHP Support

What is the official petrol price at PSU bunks in B'lore?

Reason I ask is - I filled fuel in my car yesterday at the HP Bunk near Brand Factor, Marathahalli at Rs. 73.52/litre. Today, I visited the HP Bunk near Cosmos Mall, Kundanahalli and the fuel rate was displayed as Rs. 72.86/litre.

Is there such a difference or the meter at one of the place is faulty/not updated?
Old 31st March 2012, 10:03   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Looks like bad news for us petrolheads. Report in TOI about Oil Cos meet today to review petrol prices. A Rs.5/- per litre hike expected.
Oil companies may hike petrol prices by Rs 5 per litre from next month - The Times of India

So while the Goans are better off than the rest of us, they still have to bear a partial cross. For them the old saying could be modified slightly - 'what you gain on the swings you lose on the roundabouts'. (The rest of us keep losing)

Last edited by wilful : 31st March 2012 at 10:03. Reason: typo
Old 31st March 2012, 10:18   #2411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What is the official petrol price at PSU bunks in B'lore?

Reason I ask is - I filled fuel in my car yesterday at the HP Bunk near Brand Factor, Marathahalli at Rs. 73.52/litre. Today, I visited the HP Bunk near Cosmos Mall, Kundanahalli and the fuel rate was displayed as Rs. 72.86/litre.

Is there such a difference or the meter at one of the place is faulty/not updated?
This is basically the Euro III and Euro IV fuels available in the metro and non metro. Though Marathalli to Cosmos mall is not too far off, this really sounds absurd though.

This is the only reason I can think off. Anyways I am currently on the outskirts of the city, let me check with one of the bunks.
Old 31st March 2012, 10:37   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful
Looks like bad news for us petrolheads. Report in TOI about Oil Cos meet today to review petrol prices. A Rs.5/- per litre hike expected.
Oil companies may hike petrol prices by Rs 5 per litre from next month - The Times of India

So while the Goans are better off than the rest of us, they still have to bear a partial cross. For them the old saying could be modified slightly - 'what you gain on the swings you lose on the roundabouts'. (The rest of us keep losing)
Petroleum Companies meeting to "review" fuel prices is a farce. They only "hike". When the price of crude comes down, operational costs go up or they need to recover past losses. They only time we lesser mortals have some relief is election time.
Old 6th April 2012, 13:36   #2413
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

When I last filled Diesel I remember paying about Rs 46.20 or so - this was atleast a couple of weeks back.
Last evening while filling up I observed that the Diesel price had fallen to 45.68 or so.
Whats the action on in Karnataka? Has any rate reduction happened out of the blue but without informing the world at large?
Old 6th April 2012, 13:49   #2414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
When I last filled Diesel I remember paying about Rs 46.20 or so - this was atleast a couple of weeks back.
Last evening while filling up I observed that the Diesel price had fallen to 45.68 or so.
Whats the action on in Karnataka? Has any rate reduction happened out of the blue but without informing the world at large?

Even I noticed this, the last time i filled diesel I had paid, 46.61 and today it is 45.68. Could be due the tax on diesel is reduced from 18% to 16.75% in Karnataka budget.
Old 6th April 2012, 13:53   #2415
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Thats a bit of a drop eh?
Hope its sustainable.

I dont mind paying 50bucks for a litre of Diesel. And I wish they would make Petrol equitably priced at the same 50bucks. All they need to do is to be a little less greedy on the taxes and excise.

If there was a legislation that all taxes on Petrol and Diesel would be used for roads, infrastructure and public transport systems, I would very happily pay whatever they ask - provided there is a guarantee of implementation, transparency and of course, proper ethics and accountability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Even I noticed this, the last time i filled diesel I had paid, 46.61 and today it is 45.68. Could be due the tax on diesel is reduced from 18% to 16.75% in Karnataka budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks