Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 14:47   #2581
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

^^^ OMCs are considering a further price cut of Rs.1.5 to Rs 2.0 for petrol this Friday
Old 17th June 2012, 11:04   #2582
Senior - BHPian

Petrol Prices reduced by 92 Paise, Diesel Prices Increased by 37 Paise in Delhi.

How many of you are now switching back to petrol?
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 13:28   #2583
BANNED

Crude oil prices at $95, and still those greedy oil companies not reducing Petrol prices! Is there a government or opposition here?
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Fuel Prices Thread-untitled.jpg  

Old 20th June 2012, 19:44   #2584
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Crude oil prices at $95, and still those greedy oil companies not reducing Petrol prices! Is there a government or opposition here?
They are too busy (in)fighting. I was expecting a Re.1 or so drop in the 15th June review. Zilch is what we got.
Old 21st June 2012, 15:34   #2585
BANNED

And today, it is $92! Still no news about rate cut.

I think these politicians at the govt an opposition are getting handsome money from private oil companies.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Fuel Prices Thread-20120621_153140.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st June 2012 at 15:36.
Old 21st June 2012, 15:42   #2586
BHPian

Quote:

I think these politicians at the govt an opposition are getting handsome money from private oil companies.
Shell is charging a full 2Rs less than the govt IOC, BP and HP pumps in Bangalore..Wonder what this country has come to finally
Old 21st June 2012, 15:49   #2587
BHPian

Quote:
I won't see any price cut as Rupee slipped to a life time low against dollar today. So the price cut is not on cards.
Old 21st June 2012, 16:10   #2588
BANNED

There was a quasi-announcement by a Govt Official that the OMCs are not likely to cut petrol prices soon. So much for a deregulated commodity!!!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:28   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
I won't see any price cut as Rupee slipped to a life time low against dollar today. So the price cut is not on cards.
If that was the case, then how are Shell able to give fuel at a price lesser than the govt pumps? I think its just a case of govt/govt owned pumps wanting to make as much money from uncomplaining middle class customers!!!
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:40   #2590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
If that was the case, then how are Shell able to give fuel at a price lesser than the govt pumps? I think its just a case of govt/govt owned pumps wanting to make as much money from uncomplaining middle class customers!!!
This is probably to recover their losses, because OMCs had not raised their prices for a looooong time when crude prices were at their highest (in recent times) but Shell was selling at 12-15 rupees above the OMC prices (to reflect true international prices).

I didn't hear anybody complaining about it at that time, so why now?
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:48   #2591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
This is probably to recover their losses, because OMCs had not raised their prices for a looooong time when crude prices were at their highest (in recent times) but Shell was selling at 12-15 rupees above the OMC prices (to reflect true international prices).

well, for starters private companies are generally more pricier than the Indian OMC's. Even now when i tell people that Shell costs less, they refuse to believe me!--> This makes people more angry with the government esp considering the heavy subsidy being offered on diesel. Not to mention, the umpteen times they've increased the prices but when the time came to decrease they shied away immediately(only a couple of times i know they've decreased, one during elections).

The bottom line is people expect Shell to be costlier due to no subsidy and no govt interference and when it is lesser than the OMC's it generally means something's wrong..atleast thats how i see it
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:11   #2592
Senior - BHPian

I seriously dont understand, why the government keeps crying about the "loses" while 50% of the cost is tax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post

Old 22nd June 2012, 11:26   #2593
BANNED

International crude oil prices are falling day-by-day, and our govt and opposition are still sleeping... Now, the Brent oil rate is below $89.81!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Fuel Prices Thread-20120622_112230.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2012, 11:38   #2594
BANNED

There is some talk that they may want Brent below $80 and then deregulate Diesel! However, with the Rupee approaching 57to a dollar I have no hopes.

Nero fiddled while Rome burnt - how true Mantralaya with all the Adarsh & Lavasa files has burnt, along with the North Block. So Nero can have his field day before vanishing up Raisina Hill, or is Nero MMS or SMG!
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:44   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I seriously dont understand, why the government keeps crying about the "loses" while 50% of the cost is tax!
My guess is they screwed up somewhere else and to cover it up, blame the one steady thing they can bank on...the higher international fuel prices...and if you notice, their losses are always on petrol only, you dont see them crying on losses over diesel or the exorbitant freebies they seem to throw around to rescue states just because they are in the alliance or they helped them in someway(read Nuclear bill or president election).

Most Viewed