http://www.hindustantimes.com/busine...1-1128166.aspx
avi550m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 11:24   #3332
BANNED

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Petrol prices may drop by Rs. 2/- litre soon:
Looks like cross subsidy is coming bask. With a 1% drop in crude and 5%+ drop in exchange rate I was expecting more like Rs.4 or so, at least Rs.3.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 12:42   #3333
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Looks like cross subsidy is coming bask. With a 1% drop in crude and 5%+ drop in exchange rate I was expecting more like Rs.4 or so, at least Rs.3.
Unfortunately, that looks like the case, if the price reduction does not reflect the changed realities accurately

I don't want to go into a political discussion, but given this fact:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
62 % petrol used by 2 wheelers , 27% by cars. 19% diesel used by cars/SUVs.
I can only wish that the hopelessly short-sighted voters teach these people a lesson in the upcoming state elections, and more importantly in the general elections after that. A lesson that they will never forget for the rest of their crooked lives.

Each time petrol worth Rs. 50 or 100 goes into the tank of the 100cc commuter bike of the working class man, each time it goes into the gearless scooter of the young lady or college girl, each time it goes into the TVS 50 moped or Bajaj M80 step-through used by the office tea-vending guy or petty shop owner, I hope they remember each every instance where they got less and less fuel for the money.

I hope they remember the pinch they feel each and every time and associate it with the fact that they are taken for granted by these people because they don't have a voice and don't go and block roads and disrupt the wheels of the economy like the truckers, bus and taxi operators and the commie unions whose goons enforce these strikes.

If they do understand how they are taken for granted and crushed by asking to bear the rising burden all alone each time, I hope they remember it on the polling days and translate it into action on the electronic voting machines. It should be such a hard lesson to not only these people, but to whoever comes after that. A lesson that the common man or woman who is silent can act decisively when the time comes.

If you can excuse the comparison, I hope they understand that a silent dog that bites hard can cause severe hurt when compared to a dog that barks constantly
Old 28th September 2013, 17:57   #3334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Funny that despite so much recovery which has been on for a while now the reduction is a couple of bucks and that too after a while. Compare this to the times they increase without warning. Why not have the same time gap for increases too?

After a 13 rupee increase and a good recovery in a short time, was expecting a decrease of 4 rs minimum. But I guess something needs to be pocketed too.
AbhishekB86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 12:10   #3335
Senior - BHPian

reduction always comes slowly, very hesitantly, very nervously in India's 'decontrolled petrol pricing system'.

Price increases though are always carried out on the dot, at Fridays, by the dehli sultanate.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 19:41   #3336
BHPian

Petrol price cut by 3.05/litre, diesel up by 0.5/l.

Quote:
NDTV ‏@ndtv
Petrol price cut by Rs 3.05 a litre, diesel hiked by 50 paise: PTI
nipcarlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 19:45   #3337
Senior - BHPian

For a change, diesel powered vehicle owners can crib now. :P
Old 30th September 2013, 19:47   #3338
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Petrol price cut by 3.05/litre, diesel up by 0.5/l.
Thanks for sharing the news! I hope Shell correct their prices soon and bring Unleaded back to below Rs. 80 a litre.
Old 30th September 2013, 19:52   #3339
BHPian

Have been waiting for this announcement for the last two days. Although there are many factors which enabled this price reduction, like Rupee appreciation and crude oil price cooling down. Finally a good news to petrol car owners..
Old 30th September 2013, 20:56   #3340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
For a change, diesel powered vehicle owners can crib now. :P
50p per liter is peanuts. I think they should listen to Parikh and increase it by Rs. 4 at least.

Every damn government is populist. I haven't seen any government, even those who are cribbing in the opposition doing anything about the diesel subsidy in the past.

The Rs 5 hike and the 50p per month hike are at least baby steps which others shied away from taking.
ecosport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 21:15   #3341
BHPian

Diesel hike should be restricted at minimum. Not because of passenger car market, but because trucks and large vehicles for transportation use diesel. A steep increase can increase commodity prices by a significant extent.
skyfire2892 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 21:21   #3342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Diesel hike should be restricted at minimum. Not because of passenger car market, but because trucks and large vehicles for transportation use diesel. A steep increase can increase commodity prices by a significant extent.
They should bring in the logic of LPG subsidy here. They should not give subsidy for commercial users, but restrict it to individuals. So petrol, which is used by the poor and middle class (bikes, small cars etc), are more eligible to get subsidies than diesel used by the rich and businesses (high-end cars and commercial vehicles).
Old 30th September 2013, 23:15   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
Increase in prices of diesel directly results in the overall increase of all consumer products, vegetables etc used by the common man. It also results in subsequent increase of freight costs charged by the Fleet operators ( Trucks), Buses etc.

Taxes on fuel prices are not being reduced as they're one of the major source of revenue to State Govts. A holistic solution needs to be derived for addressing this issue, considering use of alternative fuel like ethanol (domestically produced) in the days to come, which can help reduce imports & cut subsidies.
Old 30th September 2013, 23:22   #3344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post

They should bring in the logic of LPG subsidy here. They should not give subsidy for commercial users, but restrict it to individuals. So petrol, which is used by the poor and middle class (bikes, small cars etc), are more eligible to get subsidies than diesel used by the rich and businesses (high-end cars and commercial vehicles).
Easy in theory, difficult to implement in practice. And then there are black markets. Easy to sell this in black than LPG.
Old 1st October 2013, 07:29   #3345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All said and done, Irrespective of Diesel price, The prices of commodity are spiraling up anyways. Rupee has become so much diluted.

Even if take vegetables as an example: There is still plenty of veggies getting rotten and thrown but the prices are going through the roof. And the poor farmer is yet to benefit from all this.

And now thanks to Food security bill, More grains will be rotting in the Govt warehouses, Feast for the rodents.

So I still felt they should have hiked Diesel prices by at least 5 rs in one shot last year it self and by now everything would have been still same if not worse
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks