Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2013, 20:07   #3451
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

After the recent concluded election results, there is no way the current government is going to deregulate diesel prices in the near future. The recent hike of only 10 paise is an example of the same. Why wasn't it hiked by the pre decided 50 paise? Let Mr. Moily first answer that.
Old 21st December 2013, 21:32   #3452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
After the recent concluded election results, there is no way the current government is going to deregulate diesel prices in the near future. The recent hike of only 10 paise is an example of the same. Why wasn't it hiked by the pre decided 50 paise? Let Mr. Moily first answer that.
The 10 paise is a commission increase for dealers. The 50p increase was done as scheduled this month already.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 22:31   #3453
BHPian

LPG cylinder price raised by Rs.220/-only.

Really? Rs.220 hike in one go. Seriously? Not sure how the unprivileged will manage to have Rs.1250 cash ready for the cylinder delivery man and then wait for the subsidy amount to be refunded to their bank account!

I've seriously had enough with the PSUs making "losses" logic.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:11   #3454
Distinguished - BHPian

This plan of raising diesel prices ever so slightly is a masterstroke I feel. Unlike previous hikes, these 50 paise hikes are never followed my Media's hue and cry. And slowly but surely the prices keep going up. Just filled my car up last evening and realized that in the last 1 year or so, prices of diesel have gone up by more than 10 Rs.

Also what about all that talk of hiking prices causing inflation stand at now? Has this close to 10 Rs hike in the last year contributed to Inflation in the way and magnitude it was being projected?
drmohitg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:29   #3455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Really? Rs.220 hike in one go. Seriously? Not sure how the unprivileged will manage to have Rs.1250 cash ready for the cylinder delivery man and then wait for the subsidy amount to be refunded to their bank account!
In Pune the price of a domestic LPG cylinder is Rs.1278. Yesterday I refilled a cylinder at this price. But in the afternoon I received an SMS from the OMC saying that Rs.435 has been credited to my bank account. That means the effective price is Rs.743.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:58   #3456
BANNED

@MaxTorque; We got a cylinder yesterday. Date of booking was 19/12. We still paid 431 only. Also, remember by many accounts the subsidy payment by them is taxable!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:55   #3457
BHPian

Quote:

LPG cylinder price raised by Rs.220/-only.

I've seriously had enough with the PSUs making "losses" logic.

Will this have any impact on auto LPG prices?
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:23   #3458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
In Pune the price of a domestic LPG cylinder is Rs.1278. Yesterday I refilled a cylinder at this price. But in the afternoon I received an SMS from the OMC saying that Rs.435 has been credited to my bank account. That means the effective price is Rs.743.
Hi MaxTorque : Can you tell me which company do you use (HP, IOC). I use HP gas, and last month paid 1024. I got 1000 refunded in my bank account, so i'm not sure how this subsidy refund works. Any pointers will be appreciated.
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:00   #3459
BHPian

Mine is Bharat Gas, I am from PCMC area. Somehow I am unable to understand, how did you receive Rs.1000 as refund.
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:53   #3460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post

Will this have any impact on auto LPG prices?

Very much, Autolpg prices has gone up by a whopping Rs. 11.50.
Brace for rise in auto fares as well.

This will be a major jolt to people who use Autolpg. In Bangalore the price of Autolpg has crossed Rs.66. At this price it does not make sense to use Autolpg at all.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:56   #3461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
we know that the annual subsidised quota is 9 for 1 year , apr-mar. So, is thsi price od 1248 applicable for cyl behind that quota of 9 or for all cylinders taken in the year? . I have so far taken 7 cyls in this FY and paid approx <450/- per cyl to elivery boy as per charge slip.

just to clear my doubts ..i dont have aadhar card till now.
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:55   #3462
Senior - BHPian

@MaxTorque, I am also curious to know more about this expensive cylinder that you just purchased.
BTW: Shouldn't there be another thread to discuss LPG cylinders?
Old 2nd January 2014, 16:46   #3463
Team-BHP Support

I'm a Bharatgas customer in Bangalore, and I usually do not go beyond my subsidized cylinder quota for a year. Is it mandatory now to provide Aadhaar/ Bank Account details to get subsidy even on the yearly 9-cylinder quota?

I don't have an Aadhaar number yet and haven't booked a cylinder in the last few months due to low usage, so not familiar with recent rule changes.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd January 2014 at 16:48.
Old 2nd January 2014, 17:09   #3464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I'm a Bharatgas customer in Bangalore, and I usually do not go beyond my subsidized cylinder quota for a year. Is it mandatory now to provide Aadhaar/ Bank Account details to get subsidy even on the yearly 9-cylinder quota?

I don't have an Aadhaar number yet and haven't booked a cylinder in the last few months due to low usage, so not familiar with recent rule changes.
Aadhaar card details are not yet mandatory in Bangalore city. In other places in Karnataka, it is slowly being implemented
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 19:38   #3465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
haven't booked a cylinder in the last few months due to low usage, so not familiar with recent rule changes.
Off topic, But just thought of sharing it...

If you are not availing re-fill for more than 6 months period continuously, then your connection will be suspended and you need to submit KYC documents once again by visiting your distributor. Its really painful process(especially with the rush in the distributor place) and recently i've gone through that :( Its better to book one cylinder for every 6 months at least to make the connection to active!
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks