Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2014, 16:32   #3706
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Here in Bangalore, Diesel is selling at 63.4x and Shell is selling Diesel at 66.xx So Wondering if there is still a 3 rs recovery to be made on Diesel ? Shell petrol now costs same as any other pump
Old 14th August 2014, 16:36   #3707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Here in Bangalore, Diesel is selling at 63.4x and Shell is selling Diesel at 66.xx So Wondering if there is still a 3 rs recovery to be made on Diesel ? Shell petrol now costs same as any other pump
The diesel price at Shell is more or less remained at 66.xx even though the international prices are falling and the rupee is appreciating. The reason I can see is wanting higher profit for the quantities whatever they are selling currently. The private player has this advantage.
Old 14th August 2014, 16:59   #3708
BHPian

At the shell pump close to my home, I hardly see any takers for the diesel. Maybe a hard-core shell fan.
At the rate petrol prices are falling, there will be an additional head-ache for car buyers on which fuel to chose.
Old 14th August 2014, 17:20   #3709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
At the shell pump close to my home, I hardly see any takers for the diesel. Maybe a hard-core shell fan.
At the rate petrol prices are falling, there will be an additional head-ache for car buyers on which fuel to chose.
As one who has just chosen a Tata Zest Revotron as his next car, am pleased at the direction in which Petrol is headed.

Ideally for a huge country like India passenger cars should be run on Petrol, CNG, LPG, Electric, Hybrid etc & only locomotives/trucks/gensets should use Diesel.

Best is to decontrol both fuel prices but break cartel pricing. This is the tricky part.
gsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 17:29   #3710
BHPian

Was seeing on a news channel yesterday, petrol prices would be slashed by Rs. 2.18 in Delhi (including state taxes) w.e.f August 15th!

Anything for Bangalore?
Old 14th August 2014, 18:26   #3711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Was seeing on a news channel yesterday, petrol prices would be slashed by Rs. 2.18 in Delhi (including state taxes) w.e.f August 15th!

Anything for Bangalore?
Dont worry bro - the price reduction is applicable pan India.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 19:17   #3712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Dont worry bro - the price reduction is applicable pan India.

--Anoop
Bangalore has it's pros and cons. When the petrol prices are hiked, we pay the maximum due to high sales tax. On the other hand, if the prices are slashed, we get to enjoy the maximum. I guess the price cut in bangalore may well be in excess of 2.18 Rs.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 19:29   #3713
BHPian

Not sure if this was asked/answered before, when diesel price is fully deregulated (in 1-2 years time) which fuel will be cheaper, petrol or diesel?
Old 14th August 2014, 19:30   #3714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Bangalore has it's pros and cons. When the petrol prices are hiked, we pay the maximum due to high sales tax. On the other hand, if the prices are slashed, we get to enjoy the maximum. I guess the price cut in bangalore may well be in excess of 2.18 Rs.
I think it is around Rs 2.50 for Bangalore. So just above Rs 78 is my guess.
Old 14th August 2014, 19:37   #3715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I think it is around Rs 2.50 for Bangalore. So just above Rs 78 is my guess.
Still not good for Bangalore. Wish our CM follows at least 10% of what Goa CM followed in reducing the petrol price in Goa. As such the KA govt is making huge revenue courtesy the RTO drive against non KA vehicles by tweaking the rule from 11 months to 30 days.
We have this harassment going on one side . Hoping that the sales tax is taken care by the Govt of KA. This will be a great boon to the common man
Old 14th August 2014, 20:45   #3716
Senior - BHPian

In Mumbai the rates are still 80+ even with a 2 rs drop in petrol prices. In Thane its still 82+ thanks to the obnoxious LBT. Petrol pump owners had gone on strike to protest against the LBT all across Maharashtra except Mumbai but the state govt is unwilling to reduce the taxes making the common man suffer as usual.
Old 14th August 2014, 21:30   #3717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabyasworld View Post
Not sure if this was asked/answered before, when diesel price is fully deregulated (in 1-2 years time) which fuel will be cheaper, petrol or diesel?
In shell bunks, diesel is now only ~Rs 3 higher than HPCL etc (seen in a banner in the bunk). So diesel price (~65) would still be lower than petrol (~78).
akj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 00:04   #3718
BHPian

At the risk of attracting anger from diesel-lovers, I believe that not only should Diesel be de-regulated but a hefty pollution tax should be imposed on Diesel.

Most diesel engines release less CO2 and CO compared to similar capacity petrol engines per km (primarily due to higher fuel efficiency), but their emission of toxic compounds such as formaldehyde, benzene and arsenic are much higher. The compounds are associated with lung cancer and asthma. Air pollution is a major problem in India and there was study which documented thousands of deaths in India due to rising lung cancer cases, especially in north India. The smog in Delhi during winters is evident of the health hazards associated with growing usage of Diesel.

This pollution tax can be used to subsidize CNG, hybrid cars and electric cars and also to modernize / expand public transport. Too much wishful thinking?

Last edited by dsunn : 15th August 2014 at 00:15.
Old 15th August 2014, 10:09   #3719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
No Headache man, Go buy your favorite petrol engine, or even Petrol Automatic. Time to enjoy the free revving engines

At least the sanity will prevail while buying the cars now. Only those who drive heavy people movers or needing the torque or who run like 20K per year can think of saving costs with Diesel.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 23:19   #3720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
In Mumbai the rates are still 80+ even with a 2 rs drop in petrol prices. In Thane its still 82+ thanks to the obnoxious LBT. Petrol pump owners had gone on strike to protest against the LBT all across Maharashtra except Mumbai but the state govt is unwilling to reduce the taxes making the common man suffer as usual.
Ghodlur
Hi
Around 20 years back petrol prices were reduced. Our Maharashtra government increased the tax percentage as the lower price was hurting the collection in absolute rupee terms.
Subsequently the prices have increased with regular frequency but the percentage has never ever gone down.
Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks