Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2016, 23:31   #5611
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Saw a queue at all the bunks while returning from office. I thought that maybe there is strike tomorrow in Pune.
Now I know the reason.
Yes. ~3.4 is quite steep.
Old 1st September 2016, 10:03   #5612
BANNED

In my Ulta Pradesh the increases are ₹2.69 (Petrol), 2.29 Diesel, and 19.98 Domestic LPG Cylinder (I guess non subsidized). Only one TV channel cribbing about it. Why increase is less in UP, 'floor VAT', even though I cannot quite understand the rationale, how can value added have a floor rate.

Sounds like SAIM asking for an excise rebate on scrapping of old cars!! They are (I think) at the head of the queue asking for GST as of yesterday.
Old 1st September 2016, 10:13   #5613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Hi,
Well, how did you arrive at the 1-2 Rs increase? any formula here?
I dont have any formula. It was just a feeling that I had after seeing the trend for the last few months on increase/decrease in the prices depending on the crude oil and exchange rates. And yes, I tanked up all the cars at home yesterday and saved around 400 rupees
Old 12th September 2016, 21:29   #5614
BHPian

Guys, any update for 15th ? Should I fill it up?
Old 13th September 2016, 08:09   #5615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
crude's going down so prices could fall this time. Maybe you can wait.
joslicx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 11:51   #5616
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
crude's going down so prices could fall this time. Maybe you can wait.
Let us be realistic, even with a ₹3 hike maybe we are saving all of 100-150. Looking at the totality of thing it hardly matters.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 11:57   #5617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Let us be realistic, even with a ₹3 hike maybe we are saving all of 100-150. Looking at the totality of thing it hardly matters.

I didn't quite get the point. Are you suggesting it's better to wait or not?
Old 13th September 2016, 13:32   #5618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I didn't quite get the point. Are you suggesting it's better to wait or not?
I think what Sir is trying to say here is that, even if there is an increase in prices, you wont save much even if you get the tank full now. Doing so, you would hardly save 100-150 bucks which is any day not much of a saving, don't you think.
Unless, you have 3-4 cars and couple of gen-sets etc lying around empty tank.
Old 13th September 2016, 13:45   #5619
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I think what Sir is trying to say here is that, even if there is an increase in prices, you wont save much even if you get the tank full now. Doing so, you would hardly save 100-150 bucks which is any day not much of a saving, don't you think.
Unless, you have 3-4 cars and couple of gen-sets etc lying around empty tank.
Even with just one car, and a tankful, I would rather save 150rs right now, than filling it up on 20th. It's not that I have to take special route, get in line or so - bunk is on the way, would hardly take 5 mins, and would save me 150rs - no big deal
Old 13th September 2016, 20:16   #5620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree with you. I stopped worrying about petrol prices since I started taking the bus to office. For me a tankful suffices for couple of months

On a serious note I think keeping prices in a band is a justifiable policy. People should not get used to too low prices or else they will crib lot more if high crude prices come back. The previous central govt absorbed lot of losses (to the tune of 8 lakh crores) in under recoveries. That kind of money could have modernized the entire railway system which would have benefited almost everyone. I hope that kind of situation does not arise again whereby people get subsidies to burn diesel!
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 21:53   #5621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even with just one car, and a tankful, I would rather save 150rs right now, than filling it up on 20th. It's not that I have to take special route, get in line or so - bunk is on the way, would hardly take 5 mins, and would save me 150rs - no big deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Totally agree with you. I stopped worrying about petrol prices since I started taking the bus to office. For me a tankful suffices for couple of months

On a serious note I think keeping prices in a band is a justifiable policy. People should not get used to too low prices or else they will crib lot more if high crude prices come back. The previous central govt absorbed lot of losses (to the tune of 8 lakh crores) in under recoveries. That kind of money could have modernized the entire railway system which would have benefited almost everyone. I hope that kind of situation does not arise again whereby people get subsidies to burn diesel!
I agree with the both of you. Atleast, now we know that the prices will affect us on the 15th and the 30th. I have to travel daily, and if I know that the prices are going to increase, then there is no harm in tanking up. The pump is on my way to office, and no detour is required. I certainly will not stand in queue.

Any educated guesses on what the prices are going to be? I think a less than a rupee drop / Liter may happen this time.
Old 14th September 2016, 09:54   #5622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Any educated guesses on what the prices are going to be? I think a less than a rupee drop / Liter may happen this time.
The average Indian Crude basket for last 15 days has reduced compared to previous fortnight, so I too feel that there would be marginal reduction in fuel price not more than rupee
Old 14th September 2016, 13:21   #5623
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post.
But, I've been getting 10% discount on Fuel fills for the last few months when I fill it via Mobikwik on an Indian Oil Pump near Koramangala Sony Signal ( towards Ejipura side ).

These are the rules.
  • Maximum amount per month is 2100 per mobikwik account. If you have more than that requirement, fill it with another person's mobikwik account.
  • Per transaction cashback can only be 10% of the total bill or 70 INR whichever is lesser. So, what I do is to pay in 3 shots ( 700 INR payments each with a 1 minute break in between ). You can also choose to alternate between 2 different Mobikwik accounts for this.
  • There is zero transaction charge
amalji is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 17:28   #5624
BHPian

There could be a very small downward revision if at all, IMHO it could just be status quo
Old 15th September 2016, 09:14   #5625
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post
The average Indian Crude basket for last 15 days has reduced compared to previous fortnight, so I too feel that there would be marginal reduction in fuel price not more than rupee
Unfortunately, it is not the crude basket alone which decides what we pay. It is something called International Price Parity. I guess it is the actual trade price of the fluid.

Most Viewed