Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2017, 09:50   #5986
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I guess this is specific for Bangalore/Karnataka! Could be some kind of tax adjustment made? Very surprising to see such a big reduction.

EDIT:
HPCL shows rates for Hosur as
Petrol 67.09
Diesel 57.68

and Bangalore as
Petrol 64.29
Diesel 54.28

Seeing this, first time ever!
This is due to the fact that KA has abolished the 5% entry tax.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 10:13   #5987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
This is due to the fact that KA has abolished the 5% entry tax.
I am just hoping this is not an election related move. I have not read what are the reasons behind this move but since Petrol/Diesel are not in the purview of GST, I don't think the state is getting any extra money because of that implementation.

Hence I am at loss to say why do this now after all these years. But having said that, if they don't reverse the decision next year, good on them!
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:29   #5988
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone filled Shell Petrol in Bangalore? Shell website shows Petrol price as
Rs 67.80 on July 3rd while IOC shows as 64.28. Is Shell more than Rs 3/- costlier than IOC? As per IOC, now Petrol is cheaper in Karnataka than Kerala and TN.
Old 3rd July 2017, 14:26   #5989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Has anyone filled Shell Petrol in Bangalore? Shell website shows Petrol price as
Rs 67.80 on July 3rd while IOC shows as 64.28. Is Shell more than Rs 3/- costlier than IOC? As per IOC, now Petrol is cheaper in Karnataka than Kerala and TN.
Petrol prices from private oil companies are deregulated and they are free to charge what they want. Looks like Shell has not yet reduced their price which is somewhat strange though. As far as I know, they also bring their fuel into KA on the same trucks as used by other OMCs.
Old 4th July 2017, 07:53   #5990
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Petrol prices from private oil companies are deregulated and they are free to charge what they want. Looks like Shell has not yet reduced their price which is somewhat strange though. As far as I know, they also bring their fuel into KA on the same trucks as used by other OMCs.
Not only that I had also read somewhere that Shell buys its fuel from IOC. Remember, afaik they do not have any refining capacity in India. What is the pricing by RIL? We all know they refine their own fuel.
Old 4th July 2017, 10:22   #5991
Senior - BHPian

Petrol pump strike: In a setback to government over revision of petrol and diesel prices on a daily basis, the All India Petrol Dealers’ Association (AIPDA) on Monday called for a nationwide “no-purchase” agitation on July 5, to be followed by a petrol pump strike on July 12.

Link
Old 4th July 2017, 11:20   #5992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Petrol pump strike: In a setback to government over revision of petrol and diesel prices on a daily basis, the All India Petrol Dealers’ Association (AIPDA) on Monday called for a nationwide “no-purchase” agitation on July 5, to be followed by a petrol pump strike on July 12.
Yeah, just got a whatsapp forward about that. Does price compensation work the other way around too?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 12:27   #5993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Shell bunks have their own trucks or hired ones which does duty only for the respective bunks. Shell purchases fuel from MRPL Mangalore (atleast for Karnataka ones). Shell does not seem to adjust the prices on daily basis. Now asking 3 bucks premium over the PSUs surely will move away the crowd to PSUs. PSUs would be a no brainer as long as quality and quantity is a surety.

How are the prices in Reliance?
Old 4th July 2017, 15:42   #5994
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Shell bunks have their own trucks or hired ones which does duty only for the respective bunks. Shell purchases fuel from MRPL Mangalore (atleast for Karnataka ones). Shell does not seem to adjust the prices on daily basis. Now asking 3 bucks premium over the PSUs surely will move away the crowd to PSUs. PSUs would be a no brainer as long as quality and quantity is a surety.

How are the prices in Reliance?
1. MRPL is the nearest source in DK!
2. Quality & Quantity in PSU bunks is a big question mark. See the number of 'chipped' bunks caught originally in UP and then all over.
3.I have always found RIL fuel to be better than the PSUs. Maybe it is my perception but I think there is more to it.
RIL had deliberately undercut PSUs esp in Diesel to grab market share.
Old 4th July 2017, 20:12   #5995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I am just hoping this is not an election related move. I have not read what are the reasons behind this move but since Petrol/Diesel are not in the purview of GST, I don't think the state is getting any extra money because of that implementation.

Hence I am at loss to say why do this now after all these years. But having said that, if they don't reverse the decision next year, good on them!
Even though the petroleum products are not covered under GST, this reduction was on account of entry tax getting abolished when GST rolled out.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 08:06   #5996
MCR
BHPian

Please use the following link to find out the Petrol and Diesel rates in your City.
The website also shows the rates of the preceding two days as well.

Link : http://www.petroldieselprice.com/
Old 7th July 2017, 22:43   #5997
JD1
BHPian

Went to Shell Bellandur (Bangalore) and the price was 68 today (so Rs 3.5 expensive - that's almost 5% premium).
Old 9th July 2017, 16:15   #5998
BHPian

A nice link to find out the petrol pumps along your long distance journey route : http://hproroute.hpcl.co.in/ROAlongRoute/index.jsp
Somehow it came up accidentally in my browser today, when i wanted to check today's price. Use the old NH numbers (like NH-7 and not NH-44).

Otherwise the petrol/ diesel prices link on the main homepage of HP takes you to this page, where you can see the prices in the metros: http://hproroute.hpcl.co.in/StateDis...ce.jsp?param=C
9tMax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 09:57   #5999
BHPian

I saw a sudden drop of almost a rupee and half in Mumbai and when checked for the reason found this

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/mumba...-diesel-by-rs-

Don't be surprised if the state government increases VAT soon. So better tank up
Old 12th July 2017, 11:54   #6000
Distinguished - BHPian

Not directly related to the current fuel prices, but an interesting article about long term projection of fuel price and car ownership.

Link
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed