Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2017, 11:05   #6016
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Over the past month the Petrol price has gone up from 63.xx to 68.xx in Delhi, that's a whopping Rs.5 increase in prices!
DuHasstMich is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 12:29   #6017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Over the past month the Petrol price has gone up from 63.xx to 68.xx in Delhi, that's a whopping Rs.5 increase in prices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
The petrol prices in Mumbai have gone up by more than Rs. 3 in the last couple of weeks (Rs. 77.4). It's ridiculous that the Government first milks us for taxes then the dealers want more commission and we, poor folks, shell out whatever they ask silently.
Why has the price of petrol increased when global oil prices have been stable( decreased even) and the rupee has strengthened against the Dollar.

I agree that petrol has increased but is it justified? Maybe I'm missing something
Old 18th August 2017, 13:05   #6018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Maybe I'm missing something
*Newsflash*
Dear customer,

You are being taken for a ride.
lurker is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 19:20   #6019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
*Newsflash*
Dear customer,

You are being taken for a ride.

I guess it's no use debating with the government, they don't follow logic, not that I didn't know that before
rambo1o1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 13:16   #6020
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post

I guess it's no use debating with the government, they don't follow logic, not that I didn't know that before
They follow alright - the logic & principle of milching the motorist for all he's worth!
Old 20th August 2017, 14:30   #6021
BHPian

Todays rate in chennai is 71.13 Rs/ Litre of petrol. It was 65 a fortnight ago. With not much change in prices of crude and also in currency rates, i wonder if this is some sort of eyewash and we are being milched a bit too much. GST, Demonetization, now this clearly shows we are being taken for a ride.

Added on top of this there is a regulation of cess from 15 to 25% on midsegment sedans and suvs. I really dont know where we are heading
drashkum is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 08:48   #6022
Team-BHP Support

Learn something new every day.

The price we pay for fuel apparently has a cess towards upkeep of toilet facilities at petrol pumps: 6p/l of diesel,4p/l of petrol.

This should make for an interesting conversation: we pay money for every possible service and yet get very few.

Quote:
Do you know every time you buy diesel or petrol you pay six paise and four paise per litre respectively for proper toilet facilities at petrol pumps?

Petroleum ministry officials and petrol pump owners confirmed that this provision exists for generating revenue for maintenance of toilets. However, the latter claimed that the monthly revenue is not enough to meet the requirement.
Source + Full Article

Last edited by GTO : 24th August 2017 at 17:37. Reason: As requested
libranof1987 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:20   #6023
Senior - BHPian

It is still on the increase, hasn't shown a decrease in 3 straight weeks. Yesterday petrol prices were hiked by 7 paise. For no rhyme or reason.

bas marzi.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 19:11   #6024
Senior - BHPian

http://epaper.newindianexpress.com/1....4026402640263

Particularly like the phrase 'slightly increased'. Followed by figures suggesting an increase of Rs.3.50/-.
Old 23rd August 2017, 19:37   #6025
Distinguished - BHPian

The daily fluctuation in the fuel pricing was a masterstroke from the government. No media house or opposition will be able to say anything on a mere few paise increase everyday. But club it all together and it becomes outright criminal in a matter of weeks.
drmohitg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 07:29   #6026
Senior - BHPian

15 paisa increase today. For no particular rhyme or reason.

how wonderfully quick the implementation for the 'daily price revision' scheme was. Just a months pilot program in some towns and oil mafia was convinced that it is a go.
lurker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 09:43   #6027
BHPian

Now its pinching everyone and main stream media have started to notice the 5+Rs increase in less than 2 months

How oil cos are giving you zor ka jhatka dheere se with daily price revision (link)
vin_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 10:12   #6028
BHPian

This website shows the historical fuel price changes as a graph in your city.

https://www.fueltoday.in/

Here's the graph for Nashik. So much easier to analyse the changes.
The Official Fuel Prices Thread-screenshot_20170824101043078_com.android.chrome.png
antz.bin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 14:57   #6029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post
Now its pinching everyone and main stream media have started to notice the 5+Rs increase in less than 2 months

How oil cos are giving you zor ka jhatka dheere se with daily price revision (link)
Thanks, glad someone has picked it up. Give it a couple of days (of increase), and the news may go actually mainstream (i.e.TOI).

Btw, noticed something in the article. It says- "Domestic petrol and diesel prices are linked to international petrol and diesel rates, and not that of crude oil, the raw material."

Does it mean to suggest that prices are not linked to crude basket on a day to day basis, because the companies import in bulk and hence, today's crude price may not be reflective of actual cost in delivering a litre of petrol to you? And hence, they link it to 'international petrol rates'?

If yes, what is this 'international petrol rates' that our prices are linked to?

On that point, does anyone actually know the formula used by these companies to change the prices daily? There used to be some forex, crude price combination formula they used for the fortnightly revision, which was ok because it would factor in crude imported over a period of time and average it to give the price. It definitely cannot work in case of daily revision. What would be the trigger for daily revision?

Please help me understand this better [I am doing my own research also]. This feels like a fit case for PIL, but may be an RTI or two should be filed first asking what formula these companies are applying.
Old 24th August 2017, 15:46   #6030
BHPian

The Financial Express ran a story on this today.

Petrol price has risen by over Rs 5 per litre, but you may be forgiven for not noticing

"Petrol price has been on the upmove since June-end, with the oil companies continuously raising it in small doses everyday, barring a few even smaller cuts in between. It has since risen by Rs 5.42 per litre in Delhi, barely to anyone's notice."

So people should start start noticing/tracking this more carefully now. I myself was shocked at how much the price hike was over the past 2 months.

I came across this site that give the current and historic fuel prices across cities in India.
http://www.mypetrolprice.com/

Last edited by DriverR : 24th August 2017 at 15:47.
DriverR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks