Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2018, 10:17   #6211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Fuel prices hiked ,

Petrol, Diesel prices hiked 2 days after Karnataka election, marks first jump since April 24

Quote:
Petrol price in Delhi was hiked to Rs 74.80 per litre from Rs 74.63 while diesel rates were increased to Rs 66.14 a litre from Rs 65.93, according to a price notification issued by state-owned oil marketing companies.

Source:
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 10:42   #6212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Fuel prices hiked ,

Petrol, Diesel prices hiked 2 days after Karnataka election, marks first jump since April 24

Source:
Well, that was expected. And the government says they have nothing to do with the fuel prices. They think people of this country are idiots and understand nothing.

I suspect, and as mentioned by another memeber previously, the fuel prices would increase at a faster rate in the coming days to cover losses occurred during state election time.

Lame and Pathetic!

Last edited by Col Mehta : 14th May 2018 at 10:47.
Col Mehta is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 17:46   #6213
BHPian

As a matter of fact the Govt and oil PSUs are in violation of model code of conduct by discreetly trying to influence the outcome of elections and should be charged accordingly by the ECI.
nik hill is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 10:22   #6214
Distinguished - BHPian

Indian Oil hikes petrol, diesel prices for second straight day.

Quote:
State-run oil and marketing company Indian continued the hike in prices of petrol and diesel for a second straight day. The oil company raised the price of petrol by 15 paise a litre and diesel by 23 paise a litre.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th May 2018 at 10:25.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 18:13   #6215
BHPian

And now comes this:

A four rupee hike very soon.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/64206028.cms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
They think people of this country are idiots...
And you don't think so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
As a matter of fact the Govt and oil PSUs are in violation of model code of conduct by discreetly trying to influence the outcome of elections and should be charged accordingly by the ECI.
All constitutional institutions have become a joke. And there's absolutely no point complaining.
blacksport is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 09:39   #6216
Senior - BHPian

Most of us are aware that the motorist in India will always pay a premium for running their automobiles, whether its the modest Kwid or the muscular Mustang

This has been showcased and explained by many before, but just for the one's who may have missed this, check this out:

Name:  Petrol.png
Views: 2153
Size:  61.2 KB

Name:  Diesel.png
Views: 2263
Size:  68.4 KB

Personally, I feel this way:

If you love high revving turbo-charged Petrol motors, India is not the place to live your fantasy!!

You pay a ridiculous premium for the Car, the Government milks your through Fuel, and at the end of the tunnel, the motoring roads are way beyond pathetic.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 18th May 2018 at 09:41.
Vik0728 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 13:58   #6217
BHPian

A little perhaps, but I don't see how such a discussion doesn't naturally arise from fuel prices:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Personally, I feel this way:

If you love high revving turbo-charged Petrol motors, India is not the place to live your fantasy!!

You pay a ridiculous premium for the Car, the Government milks your through Fuel, and at the end of the tunnel, the motoring roads are way beyond pathetic.
I'd like to field the question that in a world where motorcycles are largely regarded as an impractical expense, in our topsy-turvy surroundings mightn't big bikes be regarded as a practical choice for enthusiasts?

I mean, forget a gizmo-laden depreciation magnet with a big petrol motor - even a small diesel will be murderous to run if things keep going the way they are with fuel prices.

The situation makes me more and more inclined towards a big bike these days. While I agree that our wonderfully unsafe roads are even worse for bikes (which can be dangerous enough on their own in the wrong hands, regardless of surroundings), I do think they might by far be the simplest way to please the enthusiast within - you can barely seat 2 for 10+ big ones, but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you can get 20kpl even with a heavy wrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
All constitutional institutions have become a joke. And there's absolutely no point complaining.
I must say I agree - there is a disturbing trend where all "independent" branches of government seem to be falling completely in line with the central government on just about every matter of consequence.

In a world where dystopian sci-fi invariably depicts an Orwellian USA, I feel that lately, Indians should be the ones to worry.
Mu009 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 15:14   #6218
BHPian

I like to construe this as a very timely, polite warning by French Oil giant - in coming months crude barrel @100

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/0...Iran-Venezuela
Old 19th May 2018, 09:15   #6219
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
I like to construe this as a very timely, polite warning by French Oil giant - in coming months crude barrel @100
I think 'oil price' at the world stage is big game by the big players, they do not follow demand and supply laws of economics. Whenever any one of them expends excess amount of money on a conflict, the best way to recover is cause a raise in oil price. It benefits all the big and developed players.

They can also sort out upstarts like us and China (no longer upstart but adversary nevertheless) and get their economies stuttering.

Does our Govt have an option, no . It spends way too much more than it earns and promises to spend even more. So any additional buck coming from any source even robbery is welcome.

For as long as we keep ourselves immersed in one (kar)nataks or the other the Govts will continue having their way. Technology seems only redemption and it's only few more years away.
Old 20th May 2018, 11:42   #6220
BHPian

This may seem off topic but I have a deep question in mind reading the above posts, was the alternative fuels deliberately kept away from markets by the big players(Big countries) who benefit from these fake wars by playing with the price of fossil fuel? For smaller economies like ours, the alternative fuels were always kept away by artificial pricing and few more techniques.
Even today I think the Americans get Tesla as more of a big show off thing than they care about the ecology or the economy. Isn’t this all a fake game by the high and mighty?

And after all these our poor government who indeed spend more than they earn again find peace only in this very commodity to make up for their losses.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 11:59   #6221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
I think 'oil price' at the world stage is big game by the big players, they do not follow demand and supply laws of economics. Whenever any one of them expends excess amount of money on a conflict, the best way to recover is cause a raise in oil price. It benefits all the big and developed players.

They can also sort out upstarts like us and China (no longer upstart but adversary nevertheless) and get their economies stuttering.
you are right but in addition to the war economies of saudi, USA etc primarily benefiting their worst rivals such as Iran & Russia also benefit. So it is a double edged sword for these clever perpetrators of global conflict. I doubt China really suffers on account of global price fluctuations since it is a manufacturing and hydroelectric/solar giant.

India on the other hand is on much weaker footing and kept there purposefully by our compromised IAS/IFS bureaucrats who have been subverted by foreign lobbies.
Old 21st May 2018, 08:29   #6222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
I think 'oil price' at the world stage is big game by the big players....For as long as we keep ourselves immersed in one (kar)nataks or the other the Govts will continue having their way. Technology seems only redemption and it's only few more years away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
This may seem off topic but I have a deep question in mind reading the above posts, was the alternative fuels deliberately kept away from markets by the big players(Big countries) who benefit from these fake wars by playing with the price of fossil fuel? ..
Reminds me of a movie staring Matt Damon - Syriana or was it 'informant' which iirc was inspired by true events and it was shown how deliberately and precisely such games are played. For example, Venezuela has only Oil to export for it's income but US/EU sanctions squeeze their "neck" at will for their own exports. Down here at commoners' level we are just "sheep" to feed the government and society through 50%+ taxes on fuel.

And then our government (this esp. and also ones of past) have been merciless on the common man while filling in their coffers because all else of their 'navratnas' are sick already. On TV an Economist said that Oil is the single key resource that brings in hoards of money to run the state so why would they play fair. we were paying way more when the crude was cheap; now we should just brace ourselves with crude prices going north.

BHPians on budget like me are either watching the Eco lamp way more often and/or reducing the radius of their expeditions to keep the LTD spirit alive; not sure for how long
wangdu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 08:31   #6223
Team-BHP Support

Some post poll appeasement?

Quote:
"The Centre is sensitive towards the rising fuel prices. Various alternatives are being explored. I hope something will work out soon," Pradhan told reporters in Bhubaneswar.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/64249887.cms
Old 21st May 2018, 08:36   #6224
Team-BHP Support

Here’s how the fuel prices have trended in my 7 years of ownership with the Swift. I am all up for giving up subsidies on fuel. Pricing should always be linked to crude prices and the dollar value. But, at the same time, state taxes on fuel should be reasonable.

The Official Fuel Prices Thread-a7555e9a9ff64ae08c70f7235d00c4e3.png

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st May 2018 at 08:37.
moralfibre is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 09:01   #6225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Here’s how the fuel prices have trended in my 7 years of ownership with the Swift.
This chart show that fuel prices have increased at the normal rate of inflation. While I can find many problems like religious intolerance with the present government and poor governance, I don't find any issues with the fuel price. All of us can look back to our salary in 2011 and the present salary. If your salary haven't increased you have a point in arguing against fuel hikes. You can't expect your wages to go high and prices of commodities stay at the level of 2010! Definitely it will pinch if you are looking it like ,when you are too close to the trees you miss the forest.
The Rationalist is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed