Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2022, 10:36   #7846
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Are they capable of spending another 15L for buying EVs?
When the ownership cost of ICE vehicles equals or exceeds the ownership cost of EV, 15L or 1.5L will suddenly appear affordable

Quote:
Also, do you think electricity...exorbitant levels when EVs become popular.
You're in Chennai isn't it? Just FYI, TNEB is going to increase the price of electricity significantly in the forthcoming months or by end of this year due to their expenditure of 6000 Cr towards an ongoing project.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 17:46   #7847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, it's profit for all others, but what about the common people? Are they capable of spending another 15L for buying EVs?

Also, do you think electricity will remain cheap then? Govt is mainly running on fuel taxes, imo (earlier govts were giving subsidies for fuel, while it is earning around 6L crore per year nowadays). They will hike the electricity charges ty o exorbitant levels when EVs become popular.
I cannot extract my own petroleum, but can generate electricity. Having a roof top solar installation goes a long way in reducing electricity bills.
shortbread is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 19:23   #7848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I cannot extract my own petroleum, but can generate electricity. Having a roof top solar installation goes a long way in reducing electricity bills.
I think OP's point was on spending "another" 15 lakhs towards EV. In other words, EV owning population is a small, small, small percentage currently (his point is irrelevant for them) and paying Rs. 10/20 extra per liter on fuel will still be cheaper than buying an entirely new EV vehicle. At least in short to medium term. And by the time they come around to buying the EV, the cost of energy would have been increased to such an extent that he/she will have to spend extra on solar rooftop installations. Neutralizing any economic benefits for the end consumer.

Last edited by Vitalstatistiks : 29th March 2022 at 19:28.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 21:50   #7849
BHPian

Below is my projection of fuel prices, I have made up data completely out of gut feeling...

Let's see how bad is my soothsaying.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Fuel Prices Thread-img20220322wa0004.jpg  

navrddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 07:41   #7850
Distinguished - BHPian

The New norm daily - Hike in fuel prices, 8th Rise In 9 Days. Hiked by 80 paise a litre each.

Total increase now stands at ₹ 5.60 since March-22.

Petrol in Delhi will now cost ₹ 101.01 per litre as against ₹ 100.21 previously while diesel rates have gone up from ₹ 91.47 per litre to ₹ 92.27.

In Mumbai, petrol and diesel prices per litre reached ₹ 115.88 and ₹ 100.10 respectively after prices were hiked by 84 paise and 85 paise.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th March 2022 at 07:46.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 07:59   #7851
BANNED

Source: https://www.business-standard.com/ar...3101050_1.html

Govt doubles gas price to record levels for 6 months; CNG rates may go up.

This is another indicator to all those who are going for cng vehicles for reduced running cost.

The future is not cng/electric/plugin hybrid/hydrogen. The future imay be strong hybrids. Or bicycles.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 1st April 2022 at 08:09.
Old 1st April 2022, 08:27   #7852
BHPian

Quote:

The future is not cng/electric/plugin hybrid/hydrogen. The future imay be strong hybrids. Or bicycles.
The government can tax bicycles, cycling, walking, breathing...
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 11:38   #7853
BHPian

Even 50 Fils up (approx 15%) for April 2022 Vs March 2022 in UAE

The Official Fuel Prices Thread-fuel-prices-apr-2022.png
Old 1st April 2022, 20:23   #7854
Distinguished - BHPian

CNG price hiked by 80 paise in Delhi, total hike at INR 4 in last one month.

Quote:
With the latest revision, CNG will sell at Rs 60.81 per kg, up from the previous price of Rs 60.01
Quote:
The prices of CNG vary from region to region. In Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad, CNG will now cost Rs 63.38 per kg. Meanwhile, in Gurugram, the price of one Kg of CNG is Rs 69.17 per kg.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st April 2022 at 20:25.
Old 1st April 2022, 21:26   #7855
Senior - BHPian

Along with the hike in Toll gate rates by upto 40%, it looks like travel by personal vehicle will soon become unaffordable.
https://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...d-2436198.html

It doesn't matter, back in the 80's we all used to travel by train and bus. And now online reservation is so much easier than standing in queues.

All this fuel and toll hikes, filling the government kitty and also localising people seems to be going in a specific direction. I wouldn't be surprised if we're headed to war.

Perhaps after taking back POK, there would be a new term IOP. ;-)
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 22:39   #7856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
Below is my projection of fuel prices, I have made up data completely out of gut feeling...

Let's see how bad is my soothsaying.
Your projection is purely based on the assumption that after introduction of E20 fuel, the prices for petrol will fall.
This though is a logical assumption from the perspective of a consumer, but it is so much against the Indian and the global economic situation.

In the Indian scenario, as the major income of the government is from fuel based taxes, this reduction is not possible. The reason which the government will give is increasing the EV infrastrucrure.

From the global scenario, the moment demand of fuel decreases across the world due to rise in EV infrastructure, the fossil fuel prices will rise, to make them even more unaffordable.

I would have been more interested to see inclusion of EV in your forecast, which may have dented the consumption, but as I said, it will only force the government to increase the prices further to fill the always empty coffers.

One important thing that influences the whole fuel price game is the ongoing war. Every war instills a fear in governments across the world to increase their defence expenditure. Our government is no different. We as citizens have to fuel that expenditure with increase in these fuel prices, hence to conclude — all fuel price graphs go upwards, today or tomorrow.
Old 1st April 2022, 23:02   #7857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Along with the hike in Toll gate rates by upto 40%, it looks like travel by personal vehicle will soon become unaffordable.

All this fuel and toll hikes, filling the government kitty and also localising people seems to be going in a specific direction. I wouldn't be surprised if we're headed to war.
Interesting. They have no plans to control inflation and now this. How the heck are they going to control transportation costs? Why can't they comprehend a simple point - People don't have jobs, this increase could have been postponed. Even for fuel price hike they have become as stubborn as a mule. There seems to be no shyness in increasing the price of cylinders too.

Quote:
Oh man! No! Diesel at 120 next year. I hope salary increments are in the same proportion atleast. :|

Last edited by batish : 1st April 2022 at 23:05.
Old 2nd April 2022, 08:04   #7858
BHPian

Only Hope is that we buy massive quantities of Russian Premium Ural Grade crude at massive discounts. Probably we are saved by massive inflation spike.
Old 2nd April 2022, 08:12   #7859
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Only Hope is that we buy massive quantities of Russian Premium Ural Grade crude at massive discounts. Probably we are saved by massive inflation spike.
Even if we do, discounts will not be passed on to customers. Best we can hope for is not further increases.
carboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 12:06   #7860
Distinguished - BHPian

Petrol, Diesel Prices Up 80 Paise In Delhi; ₹ 7.20 Hike Over 12 Days.

Quote:
Meanwhile in international market, Oil prices ease as nations agree to tap reserves.

Both Brent and US crude benchmarks settled down around 13 percent.

Brent crude futures were down 32 cents, or 0.3 percent, at $104.39 a barrel.
Link

Most Viewed