Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:26   #346
BANNED

funny they dont come out with more new cars every year than what the prices go upand up aand up
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:31   #347
Senior - BHPian

There goes the Palio 1.6 out of my budget!!!
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:56   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
But the IT guys can't complain, aren't IT salaries jumping by 20-30% every year? Although this year I doubt it consdiering the dollar slump.
Samurai, so you do not work in an IT industry and are now aware of the fact. Better not talk about things you do not know!

God knows from where people get these figures??? And to top it up, every one in non-IT in KA assumes that IT people are paid their weight in gold and they can be ripped to the core. Pathetic situation!

If only wishes were horses!

Yes, I am in IT and in my 3 years of working in India, I haven't seen, for me or in the company I worked, this "salaries jumping by 20-30% every year"!
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:07   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Yes, I am in IT and in my 3 years of working in India, I haven't seen, for me or in the company I worked, this "salaries jumping by 20-30% every year"!
I have solution to have a 30% hike. Work hard in the IT company over a period of one year and get a 12% hike and move over to another company with a min of 20-30% raise! So your effective raise is 32-42% depending upon your bargaining power. This is what I have been telling my IT friends and they agree with it!
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:08   #350
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravchawla View Post
sorry for going offtopic here .. but even after paying all our taxes what do we get in return!! electricity cuts! max 2-3hrs water supply! poor roads/traffic! horrible education system! no security!
And now we have apartments with 24 hour power backup, and we also need to pay the maintenance charges for those, all for somehting which should have been provided to us in the first place !!

Damn.. i am fed up of complaining.
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:14   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Samurai, so you do not work in an IT industry and are now aware of the fact. Better not talk about things you do not know!
Samurai does work in the technology industry and is infact a technology business owner. He's more than qualified to assert his thoughts.

How did you assume those thoughts, pray tell ?
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:17   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

God knows from where people get these figures??? And to top it up, every one in non-IT in KA assumes that IT people are paid their weight in gold and they can be ripped to the core. Pathetic situation!

If only wishes were horses!

people seem to have a really different image about the IT people

i am yet to see the 20-30% hike in my life(unless i keep changing my job every 6- 8 months) but would you like to do it everytime ?

we are also the highest tax payers(not like those businessmen who have all the luxury to hide their income)

I just felt like explaining the reality to all those non-IT people.
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:19   #353
Senior - BHPian

what a nice way to go off topic isnt it .. we all should be raising our voice for tax cuts and instead...
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:25   #354
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I heard there is a proposal to put more burden on Tax payer for LPG. If the proposal is approved by govt, then ALL tax payers will end up paying Rs207 extra for the LPG we buy now. Govt will stop providing the subsidy for tax payers and provide subsidy ONLY to below poverty line people...

I am "proud" that my country is the ONLY country [AFAIK] that punishes the tax payers more & more...
The worst is Kerosene since surveys show that 65-95% of the FPS kerosene goes into fuel adulteration, and they you have Lalu crying about 'Mati Ka Tel'.

Do not forget that in order to subsidize LPG probably you are paying Rs.400 or so per cylinder, in form of other taxes. I would say get rid of all subsidies, and give (Food or whatever) stamps to the BPL crowd. Easier to administer that the FPS, etc in myriad forms, and then possibly the crorepatis in BPL lists will be tracked down some day. This way pollution may also come down as adulteration drops!
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:42   #355
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, as theMAG clarified I only run an IT company.

Quote:
That's what all newspapers and our candidates keep telling me, and I keep wondering how these companies do it.
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:48   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, as theMAG clarified I only run an IT company.
Am sending my resume! If you are doing 20-25% increase, please give me a job! I guess in few years time I can get a salary equal to my CTO!

Quote:
That's what all newspapers and our candidates keep telling me, and I keep wondering how these companies do it.
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:50   #357
BHPian

I do not think that the Oil companies are going into huge losses as projected. The reasons IMO are below :

1. Share prices of oil companies have only gone up.

2. If the companies are indeed going in losses, how come they manage to sign expensive celebrities to endorse their oil, petrol etc ?

In my belief, politicians and media try to fool ppl by saying that these are going into huge losses whereas in reality it is not so. If the government is so concerned about the rising fuel prices and its impact on common man, it should first reduce the excise duty on it.

We pay more than 40% of the cost of one litre of petrol as tax. A few decades back this tax was put in place since the ability to afford petrol was a luxury at that time. But the times have changed. Petrol is a neccessity now.

But the government surely likes their coffers being filled up by levying 40% tax on one hand and crying hoarse about "subsidies and losses" on the other.
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:51   #358
Senior - BHPian

If govt implement, the hike won't be for Rs.4. It will be int he range of Rs.2~2.50 per petrol and Rs.1 for diesel. Govt cannot implement whatever the Petroleum Ministry recommends. But I envy the people who have diesel vehicles.
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:54   #359
BHPian

Quote:
no one does it...every one just keep saying that the grass is greener on the other side....

Samurai, the day u decide to implement these policies in ur company..let me know....i've got my CV ready

Regards,
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:55   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Samurai does work in the technology industry and is infact a technology business owner. He's more than qualified to assert his thoughts.

How did you assume those thoughts, pray tell ?
Assumption is based on the fact that his statement was not a learned one.

He never mentioned that he is quoting another source:
Samurai - Quote"That's what all newspapers and our candidates keep telling me, and I keep wondering how these companies do it."

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks