Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 17:10   #736
Senior - BHPian

Good move by BSY and if they succeed in persuading the FM and centre for issue price of fuel for Karnataka, then we will get more benefit. Hope the Central govt gives a lending ear to us as we are ruled by BJP.
Old 20th June 2008, 19:48   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Wats big deal in reducing the price by 1.3X ?
You need to see the % of reduction. The VAT was reduced from 4% to 1%. So, what else we can expect?
Old 20th June 2008, 19:53   #738
Senior - BHPian

If Karnataka state Government holds up for the next 6 months, fuel prices in Karnataka will decrease further matching neighbouring states because in 5 months from now more likely according to analysts BJP will win in elections.

Elections are expected in 3 months at the centre. These are all predictions so personally I don't beleive it Any price decrease is Welcome move which would benefit the customer.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 20th June 2008 at 19:54.
Old 29th June 2008, 15:00   #739
BHPian

Fuel Shortage

In Chennai, I find that many stations are displaying the NO STOCK board. I believe that the Oil Companies are resorting to cut in supplies. This in effect, is a sort of RATIONING;but without any legal sanction. Also, there have been instances of forcing the customer to purchase the Premium Petrol or Diesel because the Oil companies are supplying only these Premium fuels.
I wonder where we are heading to and will there be any solution?
Is the scenario different in other parts of India?
Ananth

Old 29th June 2008, 15:03   #740
BHPian

Not surprising as crude touched and tested 140$ levels at the close of last week.
Old 30th June 2008, 16:30   #741
BHPian

Guys after so many days of filling normal petrol, the HP club pump tells me only power is there, and it is 4 rs more than normal petrol, thats cheating the public, we should have the right to choose
Old 30th June 2008, 18:09   #742
BHPian

what is the current shell petrol prince in chennai, anyone filling petrol in shell ?
Old 30th June 2008, 18:11   #743
BHPian

not sure about petrol, I put diesel in chennai yesterday. Shell was the only option since there was rationing and none of the pumps had diesel stock. it cost me Rs.66 per L of diesel in shell yesterday!!
Old 30th June 2008, 18:14   #744
BHPian

This happened to me on a couple of occasions. Infact a pump near my house bluntly says only Extra Premium no sada fuel
Old 30th June 2008, 18:34   #745
BHPian

If diesel costs 66 then petrol should gone past 70. I thought of going to shell if it were around 65 because of a long waiting queue in other petrol bunk.
Old 30th June 2008, 18:47   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
not sure about petrol, I put diesel in chennai yesterday. Shell was the only option since there was rationing and none of the pumps had diesel stock. it cost me Rs.66 per L of diesel in shell yesterday!!
You paid Rs 66 per liter of diesel !!!!!, how is that possible, in Kolkata it's about Rs 36, why would you have to pay Rs 66, that's a very huge difference. I fill petrol here at Rs 52.20, and there is no problem with availability of fuel here at bunks.
Old 30th June 2008, 18:59   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
You paid Rs 66 per liter of diesel !!!!!, how is that possible, in Kolkata it's about Rs 36, why would you have to pay Rs 66, that's a very huge difference. I fill petrol here at Rs 52.20, and there is no problem with availability of fuel here at bunks.
Shell was always costlier. But yesterday in chennai was terrible. I went into 3-4 petrol bunks and found zero diesel stock. When I enquired, I found out that there was rationing and stocks would not be available in the petrol bunks till monday noon..the only option was shell and a price of Rs.66 per Litre shocked me..but what to do?
Old 30th June 2008, 19:11   #748
Senior - BHPian

I had heard about diesel costing Rs.65+ per liter. I guess this will be the premium diesel where the bunks make money atleast to the extent where they dont go on loss.

Its getting tough with no stocks. I wonder how those IT companies buses/cab services were managing. Iam sure if diesel woes continues here in Chennai for another 2-3 days, the impact would be very heavy
Old 30th June 2008, 19:21   #749
BANNED

Good Read: The Rs 1,80,000 crore gift our communists gave

“While the international media blames India and China, we blame the government and our public and private sector companies. Truth is, the Indian government is transferring massive amounts of wealth through the vehicles of public sector oil companies to the rich and middle-classes by artificially keeping petrol, diesel and cooking gas prices below the cost price, and the intelligentisa is perfectly happy with this."
Old 30th June 2008, 19:57   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
If it is available for Rs.36 people will fill. Reality in Chennai is that over the past few days most bunks have put a board saying "Diesel. No Stock". Many of the suburb bunks on the GST road are closed from Friday. Today I saw long queues near bunks in OMR with traffic piling up because of the queue stretching about half a kilometer. It looks like we are in some dictator country. For once I had to let a sigh for not having a diesel car. Petrol is available in many places. The last option is Shell who wont participate in strikes or anything but will sell petrol for Rs.72+.

Most Viewed