Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2008, 23:26   #781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
http://hsgac.senate.gov/public/_files/052008Masters.pdf
This is testimony given to US senate by a supposed "insider"
A bit OT,yet:
@tsk1979, I am unable to make out the point you are trying to make.

Yet, IMHO, we should see more such pass-the-buck and blame-games in coming months.
What i think is - the US has successfully managed to create a case for dollar weakening with ultra-low interest rates,etc. My guess is this has logically been followed up by asset price inflation, being followed up by product price inflation(now) and will be followed by wage inflation(which is about the time when we get crucified).
Nevertheless, good article, the numbers especially.
Old 12th July 2008, 12:40   #782
Senior - BHPian

I have heard Crude will touch $155 very soon and Indian government told in the press release saying untill october there won't be any fuel hike. Hope they keep their word and don't pass the increase to public.

Ravi.
Old 12th July 2008, 14:19   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I have heard Crude will touch $155 very soon and Indian government told in the press release saying untill october there won't be any fuel hike. Hope they keep their word and don't pass the increase to public.

Ravi.
Y'day it has touched $147.30. $155 is not far ahead. I think it will easily touch this figure in next week's trading session (Mon-Fri). IMO, Govt cannot afford to rise the fuel price as of now since the inflation is very high 11.89% as of y'day (highest since 1995). If they do something like this, then all the products including vegetables and fruits will start going up further (already gone up at present) and being election year, they cannot do this. Already SP, behind the neck of PC and anything of this sort happens, the govt is certain to loose some of the support fom its key allies.
Old 12th July 2008, 14:23   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
There is something I have observed in my city, Vadodara.
The IOC petrol pump will first sell " Premium " fuel to everyone that comes.
Then if the " Premium " fuel gets over, the sale of normal fuel will start.

3 months ago, if I asked for the " Premium " fuel, they would say its not for bikes and if I went there in Maruti 800, they still will give me normal and not the " Premium " one.
But now for everyone and anyone who steps in the initial hours of morning, he will be offered " Premium " fuel. I fail to understand the logic behind this. I am experiencing no difference in the feel of the vehicles after filling in the " Premium " fuel.

Vadodara is still BS-II and not yet the BS-III as other major cities are ( and where this " Premium " only strategy was applied ).

Is it that this rule implemented all over the country silently ?

What's the difference between regular and premium? Octane rating? If so, why don't they sell what the customer wants? It's a free market economy after all. Some of those old folks are set in the "government rationing" ways I guess.
Old 12th July 2008, 15:00   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post

What's the difference between regular and premium? Octane rating? If so, why don't they sell what the customer wants? It's a free market economy after all. Some of those old folks are set in the "government rationing" ways I guess.
There was a rule from Gujarat High court that the pumps are supposed to have both the fuel and let the customer choose which one he wants. But the pump owners found a new method to bypass this rule.

The pump owners would say that " Normal petrol is now over ( sold out ). Now we will have normal fuel tomorrow ".
Old 13th July 2008, 01:19   #786
Senior - BHPian

Law without loopholes would be a double-edged sword, i suppose..!
Old 13th July 2008, 10:59   #787
Senior - BHPian

Look, if the oil company really adds what is worth of Rs.2 - 3 extra they charge, why do they insist on selling premium fuel only?
Old 13th July 2008, 14:39   #788
Senior - BHPian

No buying fuel on 14th July

I just received a mail today stating that 14th July all vehicle owners must boycott the purchase of fuel because of the rising prices of fuel as well as a protest against the unlawful techniques used by the pump owners and the oil companies. I don't know how far would this be successfull but just thought of passing on the message to fellow bhpians. BTW I just came to know prices of fuel in Pakistan is Rs.17!!! And we are paying close to Rs.57 here
Old 14th July 2008, 11:08   #789
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
BTW I just came to know prices of fuel in Pakistan is Rs.17!!!

wrong info.
Please search thru team-bhp for prices of fuel in other countries.
I think there is a post about this in this thread itself.
Old 14th July 2008, 14:03   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I just received a mail today stating that 14th July all vehicle owners must boycott the purchase of fuel because of the rising prices of fuel as well as a protest against the unlawful techniques used by the pump owners and the oil companies.
I just filled in my tank this morning and AFAIK, I have not read/received any kind of mails like this as of now. This must be true for some selected city and not to the whole country.
Old 14th July 2008, 14:20   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I just filled in my tank this morning and AFAIK, I have not read/received any kind of mails like this as of now. This must be true for some selected city and not to the whole country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
wrong info.
Please search thru team-bhp for prices of fuel in other countries.
I think there is a post about this in this thread itself.
I do not know much about this because i just got a random mail so i just thought i'l put it up here. As far as the prices go it was in the mail itself.
Old 20th July 2008, 07:23   #792
Senior - BHPian

Is there ANYTHING the citizens of India can do about the fuel prices? Not fill fuel for one day - two - three? Walk? Ride bicycles? The powers to be know better -and we have to love with it! - My 2 cents!
Old 23rd July 2008, 13:47   #793
Senior - BHPian

Guys, have a look at this:

California consumes more petrol than India!

And they blame us!!!
Old 23rd July 2008, 14:13   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Guys, have a look at this:

And they blame us!!!
I guess this is just for transportation. If you include diesel used in India for transportation or for generators then it would not be that lopsided.
Old 23rd July 2008, 19:00   #795
BHPian

Boys.....No diesel in Bangalore.

Yesterday i filled in at Shell by paying Rs.66.95/- The normal diesel is Rs. 39.85/-

Regards
Deepak

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks