Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Civic Vs Altis. Which car, which version?
Civic 1.8E MT 27 5.08%
Altis 1.8G MT 60 11.30%
Civic 1.8V MT 136 25.61%
Altis 1.8GL MT 137 25.80%
Civic 1.8V AT 93 17.51%
Altis 1.8VL AT 78 14.69%
Voters: 531. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 14:31   #76
Senior - BHPian

Many says Civic looks excellent. Many Civics on the road looks very old, within weeks. But still last generation Corollas on road you see looks very good - NEW!

New corolla has the amazing look of Camry. It has matured and professional look. So I voted for Corolla Altis.
Old 10th September 2008, 15:29   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
Moreover, if looks is a concern, then Toyota is offering a fully kitted Altis(see pic) which looks exceptionally hot.
Well that one goes to take on Civic Sports. I see smoke already.. Well going for a test drive in another half an hour. Please tell anyone wants me to check anything specefic.
Old 19th September 2008, 19:36   #78
BHPian

Civic & Corolla are both very good cars. They are both very similar in features and behavior. So choosing any one of the two would just be a matter of personal taste at that point of time. And be it Honda or be it Toyota - you can't go wrong.
Old 19th September 2008, 20:53   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Another advantage to Altis is that Toyota is marketing it well... The other day it looked like whole mall was taken over by Toyota Altis, and there was the car on display too. I think on looks it beats the Civic easily.. See the photos and let the war begin. I would like to see some real life pictures of Civic (not from net) to compair, only if they look better then the Altis shown here..
The rear seems to be very sick to me. What with the 2 round red lights on the bumper! Yeeks!
Old 20th September 2008, 13:18   #80
Senior - BHPian

Reflectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
What with the 2 round red lights on the bumper! Yeeks!
They are reflectors. I think they are part of the standard safty equipment list for all the international models targeting USA, like SX4, Scorpio, Corolla etc. Therefore Corolla one more up on safty then Civic.
Old 20th September 2008, 21:02   #81

civic

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots...........like............this..............T hanks

It is the civic for me....i drive it and it is a pleasure and the front seat ride is not so much of a problem....but my family members do not enjoy the ride in the back seat......question for gto.....you mentioned some bolt-on options to solve the problem of the soft rear suspension in civic....can you please tell me more about them??

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2008 at 10:19.
Old 21st September 2008, 01:18   #82
BHPian

Civic for the heart, Altis for the mind
Civic for the young, Altis for the mature
Both are great cars.
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:38   #83
BHPian

have voted for Altis after test drive. Though it was not a clear winner due to civic having its paddle shifters and dealer closeby, still there are few things that I liked- few features of Laura like - cruise control, xenons with washer and electrically adjustable seats with Lumbar support which I liked.
Old 1st October 2008, 10:25   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
have voted for Altis after test drive. Though it was not a clear winner due to civic having its paddle shifters and dealer closeby, still there are few things that I liked- few features of Laura like - cruise control, xenons with washer and electrically adjustable seats with Lumbar support which I liked.
Here comes the bad news. Altis has started showing teething problems. There is an issue reported with Brake Pads which are creating lot of sound and wear tear this time. Toyota is using Bosch Brake Pads this time, earlier they used their own product. One person reported in Delhi that both of his front shock absorbers collapsed after running the Altis for approx. 400 kms. Though it was under warranty and it was changed but it is scary to see your new car collapsing at the front.
Old 1st October 2008, 11:09   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanvash View Post
Here comes the bad news. Altis has started showing teething problems. There is an issue reported with Brake Pads which are creating lot of sound and wear tear this time. Toyota is using Bosch Brake Pads this time, earlier they used their own product. One person reported in Delhi that both of his front shock absorbers collapsed after running the Altis for approx. 400 kms. Though it was under warranty and it was changed but it is scary to see your new car collapsing at the front.
Please share the source also.

its normal for rumors to start, when new models are released and we shouldnt support the same unless from a reliable source.
Old 1st October 2008, 11:43   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Please share the source also.

its normal for rumors to start, when new models are released and we shouldnt support the same unless from a reliable source.
My cousin work as a Service Advisor for One of the Toyota Dealers in New Delhi. He has mentioned that there was one case for Shock Absorbers failure and 7-8 of cases reported for Brake Pads. Shock Absorbers are covered under warranty but Brake Pads are not. The cases are reported to TKM by the Dealer.
Old 1st October 2008, 11:46   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkSansFerrari View Post
Civic for the heart, Altis for the mind
Civic for the young, Altis for the mature
Both are great cars.
this is exactly what i felt when i drove both yesterday. in the end dint pay the cheque to anyone came back home only to be more confused. now i wish i want to buy both the cars in auto box if only i could ghrrr. id use it as corolla in the day and civic in the nights
Old 1st October 2008, 11:53   #88
BHPian

Even for participating in the poll, I am confussed. Always my brain says Altis is better but heart will choose Civic. Not for features, just for the looks.
Old 1st October 2008, 11:55   #89
Senior - BHPian

They are both great cars. When we were choosing our new car, it was between Laura and Civic. The Altis never entered into the picture because my dad thought it was ugly. The Laura sure has gizmos, but the moment my Dad heard about how bad the A.S.S. is and how expensive spares are, the Civic got the vote.

Sure, the Honda chaps have attitude (which is fixed by liberal application of T-BHP), but it doesn't cost 50K to replace a damned headlamp!
Old 1st October 2008, 12:55   #90
BHPian

The image is important too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
this is exactly what i felt when i drove both yesterday. in the end dint pay the cheque to anyone came back home only to be more confused. now i wish i want to buy both the cars in auto box if only i could ghrrr. id use it as corolla in the day and civic in the nights
Altis for the day & Civic for the night? That's a nice angle !!!
I bought Altis to let the mind win over the heart.
Additionally what drove me away from Civic was the fact that most "property dealers" & "lalla businessmen" go around flaunting Civics - that doesn't fit the image that pleases my eyes. But that's just my personal taste.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks