Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Civic Vs Altis. Which car, which version?
Civic 1.8E MT 27 5.08%
Altis 1.8G MT 60 11.30%
Civic 1.8V MT 136 25.61%
Altis 1.8GL MT 137 25.80%
Civic 1.8V AT 93 17.51%
Altis 1.8VL AT 78 14.69%
Voters: 531. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 13:47   #226
BHPian

@ ASR245

A.S.S of Honda is seriously poor in NCR, even I had some real bad times at (Ring Road Honda - Peeragarhi) and (Prime Honda - Gazhiabad).

Had to send my Honda to (Southend Honda - Badarpur) which is approx, 40 kms from my place. Reason Head of Service dept. is known to family.

Else all Honda dealers sucks your blood.

We even have Toyota in house and must say nobody can beat Toyota for its sheer quality and reliability and service experience at Toyota has always been better.

Despite Civic being better product i would recommend Toyota Altis for following reasons:-

More features at cheaper price.
Better rear seat
Better in and out
Better ground clearance (must required driving in NCR)

Last edited by S_budhiraj : 13th February 2009 at 13:49.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:11   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
@ ASR245

A.S.S of Honda is seriously poor in NCR, even I had some real bad times at (Ring Road Honda - Peeragarhi) and (Prime Honda - Gazhiabad).

Had to send my Honda to (Southend Honda - Badarpur) which is approx, 40 kms from my place. Reason Head of Service dept. is known to family.

Else all Honda dealers sucks your blood.

We even have Toyota in house and must say nobody can beat Toyota for its sheer quality and reliability and service experience at Toyota has always been better.

Despite Civic being better product i would recommend Toyota Altis for following reasons:-

More features at cheaper price.
Better rear seat
Better in and out
Better ground clearance (must required driving in NCR)
Thanks for the input. Honda dealers are the reason I am tilted towards the Corolla and so is dad. Dad's experience with Ring Road Honda, Gurgaon and another Honda on Mathura road (i think) hasn't been good. Pearl Honda, which he uses now, is a bit better (could be as it's relatively new).
Old 13th February 2009, 14:37   #228
Senior - BHPian

Toyota's sales team is slow and not as aggressive as Honda's sales staff. One Toyota manager told me that they still don't have any incentives on selling Altis and also no targets yet. But the A.S.S. team is excellent. Well trained, eager to help and reliable.

One thing sure lacks in Altis is the choice of colors. 4 out of 5 colors are from previous Corolla and top of it black and white are not available. Can anyone think of a reason why so?

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 13th February 2009 at 14:38. Reason: Fonts
Old 13th February 2009, 14:59   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Toyota's sales team is slow and not as aggressive as Honda's sales staff. One Toyota manager told me that they still don't have any incentives on selling Altis and also no targets yet. But the A.S.S. team is excellent. Well trained, eager to help and reliable.

One thing sure lacks in Altis is the choice of colors. 4 out of 5 colors are from previous Corolla and top of it black and white are not available. Can anyone think of a reason why so?
Honda? aggressive? I visited for a TD of NHC VTEC in Nov 07 to Ring Road Honda Gurgaon. After the TD they took my name and number and I left. Never got call from them enquiring about my interest or anything else.

Sorry for going OT. It ends here.
Old 12th March 2009, 18:19   #230
BHPian

I have bought Corolla Altis and have driven both Civic and Altis, and my view is that if you are going for a family car to cruise around with no high speed gimmicks ALTIS is way to go!
No dis-regard to CIVIC, If i were a bachelor i would have gone with CIVIC AT myself.

Regards
JJ
Old 12th March 2009, 22:32   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post

Typical toyota. Few months down the line when sales are don't up to their mark they revive sales with a new color and minor facelift.
Old 17th May 2009, 11:40   #232
BHPian

I have voted for Altis GL. While Altis G too comes quite close, the extra features in GL especially the automatic HID lights, electronic adjustable seat and leather seats do give a feel of luxary car.
My recomendation is that if you can afford to pay that extra for GL, then its the best bet, otherwise the G version itself is a notch obove the rest in its category
Old 17th May 2009, 13:29   #233
oss
BHPian

Can somebody tell me the differece between the MT versions of Civic E, S & V, pls.
Old 17th May 2009, 14:07   #234
BHPian

No points learning that , as S and E versions are already phased out. Only V variant is on-sale as of now.
Old 17th May 2009, 14:14   #235
oss
BHPian

Well, true; but i am looking for an used Civic, so wish to know the difference.
Old 17th May 2009, 14:30   #236
Senior - BHPian

S loses the following:

1) Leather seats
2) Chrome bits on the door, inside and outside
3) Body colored door handles
4) ORVMs with indicators
5) Fog lamps
6) The Misty Violet Pearl paint shade

Maybe more, but my memory is hazy.

The E loses from the S:

1) Only single CD music system, probably has less speakers as well.
2) Manual AC only
3) Steel wheels
4) No beige in the interiors
5) I'm guessing it lacks some bits and pieces in the interior as well

I hope this helps.
Old 17th May 2009, 14:46   #237
oss
BHPian

Quick question: Does S version come with Automatic Climate Control?
Old 17th May 2009, 15:22   #238
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it does come with ACC.
Old 18th May 2009, 02:48   #239
BHPian

BAD NEWS FRIENDS!!!

Honda has revised Upwards the prices of spare parts for CIVIC from 17/04/09.

This is a major revision. The new prices are 2 to 5 times the earlier prices. For example the drive belt (alternator/P.S./Engine belt) has gone up from Rs.713/- to Rs.3777/-. For your information the size is 7PK1960 in my Civic S MT of 2006. This should be available in the range of 700/- or so with Gates etc. (Very reputed and perhaps the oldest brand in the world).

Similar differences for other products too.

I will have to go in for outside parts instead of HONDA branded spares.

Already using outside brake pads, as the Honda ones cost 5500/- to 5800/- + tax per rear or front set (4 pieces each) (11300/- for a set of brake pads for all the 4 wheels)??????????? WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

I will advise other Honda owners also to start using mostly outside spare parts, ut do judge the quality. No difference in quality for most parts, maybe even better.

NOW I SAY ALL VOTES TO ALTIS. NO HANKY PANKY AND NO TAKING US FOR A RIDE.
Old 18th May 2009, 07:45   #240
Senior - BHPian

Well, for one, 17th is a Sunday.

I'm going to the showroom today to check on my car's repairs. If they revised prices, I'll know. I know Honda has overpriced spares already, but them jacking the price up two to five times seems highly improbable. I hope, for all Civic owners' sake, that you are wrong. I guess I'll know today.

Most Viewed