Team-BHP - Poll: Civic V/S Corolla altis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Poll: Civic V/S Corolla altis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/45304-poll-civic-v-s-corolla-altis.html)

Delhi

ex-showroom price: Civic 1.8E MT : Rs. 1,100,000
corolla 1.8G MT: Rs. 1,083,000

what additional features you get in corolla

alloy wheels
automatic climate control
6-CD changer
6-speakers as compared to 4
power retractible mirrors
audio controls on steering wheel and an additional remote for stereo
electrochromic rear view mirror
front fog lights
additional glove box
multi-information display(trip computer)

Civic 1.8V MT : Rs. 1,216,000
corolla 1.8GL : Rs. 1,209,000

additional features as compared to civic:

HID headlamps with washers
automatic headlamps
8-way powered driver seats with power lumber support

Civic 1.8V AT : Rs. 1,286,000
corolla 1.8VL AT: Rs.1,286,000

additional features as compared to civic:

cruise control but no paddle shifters
H-matic gearbox
HID headlamps with washers
automatic headlamps
8-way powered driver seats with power lumber support

advantage civic: 5-speed A/T vs 4-speed A/T in corolla

can the corolla make a dent in civic sales?

corolla has same power at lower rpm and more torque as compared to civic.
let the wars begin.

Sidindica, where is the poll? Please add the poll.....

I vote for the Altis 1.8 GL MT - real VFM. I think you should also mention the other technical specifications where the Altis scores.

[FONT=trebuchet ms]Japanese auto major Toyota on Friday launched an advanced version of its sedan, Corolla Altis, priced between Rs 10.83 lakh and Rs 12.86 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The new car would come with a 1.8 petrol litre engine in three options. More details on its way...[/FONT]

Nice info Sid! After seeing the pricing and the goodies i ll go for the Altis!
Altis 1.8 G might eat a big pie of Civic E 's sales. This should be a good battle.

Civic is killed and so would be the G3HC if its priced at 9.5 lacs.
Stoop ripping Indian cutomers Honda.
No Alloys in an 11 lac car.
Honda you think we are so much obsessed with Honda badge?:mad:

Corolla 1.8G MT is definitely a better buy. This will dent Civic sales big time. Good pricing by Toyota. Its not the 17K, but the missing features (11L car without climate control and alloys?) which makes Civic look grossly overpriced in comparison.

If someone wants to buy Civic they should hold on - some good discounts may be coming soon :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoom_vroom (Post 966397)

Come, come Z_V, we all know the answer to that one:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 966408)
Come, come Z_V, we all know the answer to that one:D

Yeah but "Nothing is permanent but Change":)

IMO even though corolla has price and accessories advantage over civic its not as good to drive as civic and doesnot look as good as civic.

but it looks better than the american corolla which my friend bought a month ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhiram7912 (Post 966417)
IMO even though corolla has price and accessories advantage over civic its not as good to drive as civic

Driven this one? Before you pounce on me, I haven't either:D

This is on the basis of price & features only - the TDs etc will all come later. Oh & yes, the Altis will not bottom out over speedbreakers I think.

i m sorry i forgot to mention i m speaking about the one available in US and i think its the same car available in India except the grille

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoom_vroom (Post 966397)

oh, we are obsessed with Honda badge - but that doesn't carry an extra clout when pitted against Toyota :D

After 5-8months down the line of sales and services of the Toyota Altis, its very hard to just say which car will be the best or dent eachother.By just adding HID headlamps with washers,automatic headlamps,8-way powered driver seats with power lumber support you cannot predict anything,unless you have the reviews of satisfied customers for the initial period.

Initially its been approx. 2years since civic has launched,do you think "HONDA WILL CARE" their already targetted product has been succesful and running all over in Thousands.Above all we have the New honda City in line which will be in the 8-10L bracket + the facelift Civic and civic sports.

So Toyota's no matter what goodies you add on "Buddies you are late...Errrr... Too late" :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhiram7912 (Post 966417)
IMO even though corolla has price and accessories advantage over civic its not as good to drive as civic and doesnot look as good as civic.

Looks can be subjective issue but i don't think the 1.8L VVT-i shall be a dampner in front of 1.8L i-VTEC.
Also i expect the VVT-i to return good figures of 12-13 Kmpl.

Had the civic been the same as the European version, I would have gone for it simply for the looks.
With the above specs and price to prevent a rip off Altis 1.8GL anyday. Though a D4D would be preferrable.