Team-BHP - What do you mean by "Best Car" in Indian context?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What do you mean by "Best Car" in Indian context? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4532-what-do-you-mean-best-car-indian-context.html)

I think it would be great to share what do we think of "best car" when we suggest a car to people asking opinion.

For me a Best Car is composition of

1. Technical Aspects (cc, bhp, engine type etc etc)
2. After Sales Service
3. Spare Cost
4. Company Stability

The reason at least for me to go for 4 parameters to select a Best car is we just not buy the car...the real thing we buy comes in after we buy the car :D

share your opinion please on what you think contributes to your best car definition :)

First you would have to define 'car'. :)

For me the best car would be a mix of a Ferrari like style and performance with 30 kmpl average and a Maruti like After-Sales Support produced by the Government. Hmmm. Not bad na?

BEST CAR -
performance + FE + safety + good ride quality and all+ good back up.

1. Reasonable price
2. Good FE
3. Lots of space
4. Flashiness

Guess thats about it.

Best car in Indian Context...

1> Fuel Efficiency.
2> Cost of Maintenance.
3> Initial Price.
4> Safety.
5> Roominess.

My $0.02

Best car in the indian context?

1. Unreal fuel economy.
2. Unreal fuel economy.
3. Cheap to maintain.
4. Decent quality.
5. Cheap to buy.

And did i mention unreal fuel economy?

Drifter

fuel economy
size
cost of ownership
specs on paper for some

i second drifter on the best car in the indian context

as far as the best car in my context is that one car that makes my heart sing whether looking , feeling , touching , driving , just sitting in it .......or just thinking about it ! :)

Frankly, there's no car in this world that can satisfy an Indian looking for the best car without knowing where to look.

Unless the buyer knows what he wants from a car, he'll never find the right one.

In most cases, it's value for money that decides.

Shan2nu

1. Fuel Economy.
2. Fuel Economy.
3. Fuel Economy.
4. Fuel Economy.

I simply do not understand.
you travel in your car with the most precious things .Your Life and that of our family.
The best car first should be safe car.
The best car is car where I can open the door and walk out in the eventuality of an accident.

The rest of the factors are in secondary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
I simply do not understand. .....
The rest of the factors are in secondary.

But you do know the price of life in India no? :( And you have to just look at the way people protested against wearing helmets some time back. I was happy that atleast Mumbai was enforcing it. But now it seems that the police have lost interest. I see all kinds of idiots zooming around on two wheelers .. no helmet, no shoes nothing! :mad:

There is nothing like the "best car" in absolute terms. What is best for someone may be worst for others. Some crave for power, rest crave for FE. Some want best handling, others want best ride and so on.....

Eventually, there are different "Best cars" for different individuals, depending on their different priorities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
There is nothing like the "best car" in absolute terms. What is best for someone may be worst for others. Some crave for power, rest crave for FE. Some want best handling, others want best ride and so on.....

Eventually, there are different "Best cars" for different individuals, depending on their different priorities.

Question is simple what do "you" mean by best car in indian context ...u can leave about others and tell your opinion
lol:

I think SAFETY is very much lacking in this topic. Why ?
Best Car shouldnt have Safety in it ?
Like basic colapsable steering colum, ABS/Airbag. & Side impact bars.